• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

sammex

10? City now have two fullbacks. Zaballeta, Sagna and Clichy were all let go at the end of the season with Kolarov leaving soon, all of which were past their sell by date in Pellegrini's second year. The youth players that would be able to play but not really good enough yet, Maffeo and Angelino are both out on loan at Gerona and NAC Breda respectively.

I was just kidding, of course he's not going to play 10 even if they had that many at City. It's the sort of money you'd pay for a quality winger, but fullbacks tend not to score much, create much, or are as important to the defence as the cbs. That said, City can afford it so why not.

Lallana starts over Gini surely? Adam was fantastic last season. One of the first names on the sheet for me.

I'd start Gini ahead of him for games vs the top 6 and CL, bring in Lallana for the rest. Gini showed he has that big game mentality last season and scored some important goals. We're lucky really that the way we set up is flexible enough that both will get a decent amount of games anyway. Salah/Bob/Mané looks to be set up top, with Henderson almost guaranteed to start deep, that leaves the remaining 2 midfield spots for Can, Gini, Lallana, Coutinho, Grujic.

TeddyBoy

Decent goal by Leicester.

Double error there, Milner shouldn't get beaten there and I don't think Gini tracked Albrighton's run.

Lallana starts over Gini surely? Adam was fantastic last season. One of the first names on the sheet for me.

I'd like to think the squad is deep and varied enough now to cope with one or two absentees.

Man, it's going to be weird seeing Neymar in a PSG kit

Also PSG to bid £35m for Sanchez

That's so cheap for Sanchez.

I can't say I've seen any laziness from Mane in a Liverpool shirt. Never stops running and is always willing to track back. Probably one of the quickest players I've seen too and Salah possibly is even quicker.

He's still salty about Mane leaving them so he'll slag any ex Southampton player at Liverpool.

sammex

He's still salty about Mane leaving them so he'll slag any ex Southampton player at Liverpool.

Beefy's right. Lots were saying this when we bought him last summer, that he has hot and cold phases. Like when he scored that double against us in the 3-2 he was in one of these poor spells then went on to score like 6 goals in 6 games at the end of the season. Then we bought him.

He hasn't shown that sort of form for us though, he's been our most dangerous player throughout the season and our drop off in Jan coincided with him leaving for the AFCON.

TeddyBoy

Beefy's right. Lots were saying this when we bought him last summer, that he has hot and cold phases. Like when he scored that double against us in the 3-2 he was in one of these poor spells then went on to score like 6 goals in 6 games at the end of the season. Then we bought him.

He hasn't shown that sort of form for us though, he's been our most dangerous player throughout the season and our drop off in Jan coincided with him leaving for the AFCON.

This is a good point, he has seemed more consistent for us than he did at Southampton.

EDIT:

Matip isn't have having a shite game for us :lol

Beefy

Yep, when he is on his game the dude is crazy good. When we bought him he went on strike as he wanted to leave join us. I just hope for Liverpool fans sake that Klopp keeps Mane's head on right.

This is a good point, he has seemed more consistent for us than he did at Southampton.

Because he is hungry, you need Klopp to keep his head straight. If you can, then you will have a dope player on your hands. I think he may out grow you though.

Edit:
Milner injured

sammex

Yep, when he is on his game the dude is crazy good. When we bought him he went on strike as he wanted to leave join us. I just hope for Liverpool fans sake that Klopp keeps Mane's head on right.

Because he is hungry, you need Klopp to keep his head straight. If you can, then you will have a dope player on your hands. I think he may out grow you though.

That's why we're buying his best bud Keita. ;)

Screen-Shot-2017-06-22-at-10.48.01-AM.jpg

Goal! Coutinho is not bad at this football thing.

Beefy

Great goal,.

This could be Mahrez's last game for Leicester
---------------------

By the way on Van Dijk, Southampton's board and Manager have told him to sort his head out as we won't be bullied into selling him. So that's see how shit happens. Also rumours Chelsea are sniffing around more then Liverpool atm.

Syder

Is Aston Villa a retirement home now?

Terry 36
Whelan 33
Samba 33
Elmohamady 29
Birmingham are managed by Redknapp and they want Ashley Cole.

Also, they have 38 year old Paul Robinson, so it looks like the next derby is going to be sponsored by Saga.

"This year is our year" - Liverpool fans every year since 1992

It was said with a big touch of sarcasm don't worry! But sure, when you go into a season why shouldn't you be optimistic? How fun is it to be all doom and gloom before a ball has even been kicked. Liverpool since 1992 has always been a big club and you never know maybe one season we should've won it, but I always go into a season thinking we're in with a chance... sure that faith might be dashed within the first month of the season! Rival fans can say it as much as they want, it doesn't bother me. But taking the piss of fans for being optimistic is pretty shit I have to say!

sammex

Goal of the season award 2016/17. The fair play award 2016/17. Best club (or some shit like that?) 2016/17, and now this. What a time to be alive lads.

That meme belongs to Arsenal fans rather than Liverpool fans tbh.

You forgot Best New Stand 2016/17 too.

It was said with a big touch of sarcasm don't worry! But sure, when you go into a season why shouldn't you be optimistic? How fun is it to be all doom and gloom before a ball has even been kicked. Liverpool since 1992 has always been a big club and you never know maybe one season we should've won it, but I always go into a season thinking we're in with a chance... sure that faith might be dashed within the first month of the season! Rival fans can say it as much as they want, it doesn't bother me. But taking the piss of fans for being optimistic is pretty shit I have to say!

Not a new thing so I don't really care. Type "this year is our year" in google and see what pops up.

That meme belongs to Arsenal fans rather than Liverpool fans tbh.

How so?

Pachimari

Oh yes! We are playing against Manchester United tomorrow! Can't wait to see some of our boys out there, especially Vallejo, Llorente and Ceballos. I hope Achraf gets a chance on right back to prove himself too.

Top Bottom