• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

Had Agüero as my captain yesterday and got Zlatan as my captain today. Can't grumble at that for an opening weekend.

NHale

Will anyone admit that Fellaini actually played....very good?

Player of the match to me was clearly Danny Blind. Made so many critical clearances, especially one right after Bournemouth goal. Much less flair than Bailly but much more efficient. Underrated.

Audioboxer

Will anyone admit that Fellaini actually played....very good?

Defensively he's always solid (apart from that charity shield howler). I think the frustration for United fans is when we get a partnership like Fellaini and Carrick there is feck all attacking. Pogba is going to change that though. I think as time goes on Fellaini will get cut more slack if United are winning and Pogba is allowed to go forward.

Boring game but it is a win. Ibra is going to pop up so often when he's needed. Did in the Charity shield and has done in this game.

Its also great to see a manager animated on the touchline again. I literally could not stand anymore of LVG sitting in his fucking seat.

Pogba did a similar move, money is more important than European competitions, seems players realized that unless you're on Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona you're not winning the CL.

Juve (2015) and BVB (2013) were at the finals though. If you can reach the finals you can win it (look at Inter and Chelsea)

Also I doubt Pogba will be benched at all.

Kuros

Yeah all the bookies had L'Arse favs before the game until the teams were announced. Now you can get the same price to win on both teams.

There will be goals, that's for sure.

Tuturu Jones

Neo Member
Juve (2015) and BVB (2013) were at the finals though. If you can reach the finals you can win it (look at Inter and Chelsea)

Also I doubt Pogba will be benched at all.

I'll give you Juventus, they have a chance of making the finals but Dortmund has no chance and anyway, the CL was boring last year, they tried to push for a Madrid - Barcelona final too hard, they'll probably do it again this year.

I'll give you Juventus, they have a chance of making the finals but Dortmund has no chance and anyway, the CL was boring last year, they tried to push for a Madrid - Barcelona final too hard, they'll probably do it again this year.

Barca played Arsenal and then Atletico in the first two elimination rounds. How in the world is that an easy draw?

Tuturu Jones

Neo Member
Barca played Arsenal and then Atletico in the first two elimination rounds. How in the world is that an easy draw?

Atlético was dominating Madrid that year so who better to remove that threat than Barcelona, a team with the best two players in the world. And yeah, Arsenal is easy.

I'm already in love with Eric Bailly.

Shame we lose him for a few weeks in january, but still dude looks like a proper defender.

Still don't know how we're going to fit all our midfielders in. We also have a width problem, Depay the only recognised winger we have.

Kuros

I can't believe we haven't replaced Moreno

He's a disaster waiting to happen

Everyone was just assuming we were getting the Hector deal done. And then he signed a new contract.

The fact we don't have a backup is fucking weird.

He is Klopp's massive blindspot.

Top Bottom