• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For people who own a PS3, PS5, and Nintendo Switch and who are JRPG fans: What PS3 JRPGS would you like to see on brought to the PS5 and the Switch?

Crayon

Damn I think I'm in the mood for one on a semi-regular basis but the commitment creates friction to me starting them. Going all the way through is one thing but having to sink a significant chunk of time to see where they are going and if I want to play more can take a long time.

I've never played star ocean so I tried out the first game since it's sitting there on ps+ and I was feeling wishy-washy. I played two hours, it seemed pretty cool but no way to really know untill I'm going to put 20 hours in for the game to unfold. So playing for 2 hours, I only got a superficial look at the game.

I bought xenoblade that was supposed to be so great, and it seemed like it might be great. I again put about 20 hours into that before I realized it was kinda ass.

I should try some more. Though I do find the modern arpg ones I've tried to be bland.

nial

Gold Member
Action RPG, but I want this on PS5.
A1KJVFc.jpg

PS3 / Xbox 360 era was a pretty dire time for JRPGs. I don't think we're missing out on much.
yeah, you wanna talk jrpgs, how about all those ps2 era games: devil summoner series, digital devil saga, xenosaga trilogy, shadow hearts series, etc. much more interesting stuff (& likely easier to port) than ps3 era...

Fbh

Only Drakengard 3 comes to mind.
The Ps3 didn't have that many great JRPGs to be honest, and most of the good ones have already been ported.

I'd like to give the White Knight Chronicles games a spin.

That game still has my favorite low effort moment in any JRPG.
At some point you travel back in time but they didn't even bother swapping out the NPC's, so they are 20 years in the past or something like that but all NPC's are standing in their usual spot with their usual dialogue, some even thank you for helping them out on a quest lol.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Calm down dude, just buy an Xbox
i did buy an xbox series s the other day

is the trilogy good there? do i buy them digitally or have to buy physically to get the enhancement?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i did buy an xbox series s the other day

is the trilogy good there? do i buy them digitally or have to buy physically to get the enhancement?
If you got the Series S, then you'll need to buy them digitally as it has no disc drive.

Games play okay but not great, as the Series S doesn't get the games "Xbox One X" upgrades. They all play marvelously on either the One X or the Series X.

cireza

XIII trilogy is on Xbox for people who absolutely need this in their lives. 4k 60fps, look like remasters.

Resonance of Fate would be nice.

Last edited:

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the 4k edition came to XBO/Xbox Series X.

-Zelda-

Banned
XIII trilogy is on Xbox for people who absolutely need this in their lives. 4k 60fps, look like remasters.

Sure, lets just go out and buy an entire console/s. People really need to stop suggesting this as it is not the gotcha they foolishly believe it to be.

None of them, because they have mechanics and UIs designed for TV screens and not handhelds. PS3s are common, cheap, and the games are a dime a dozen. I still play mine (Trails of Cold Steel, currently).

cireza

Sure, lets just go out and buy an entire console/s. People really need to stop suggesting this as it is not the gotcha they foolishly believe it to be.
People need to stop suggesting things others might not be aware of ? How difficult is it for you to ignore an information you are not interested in, but that might be of interest for others ? Should we filter every thread and have you approve posts beforehand ?

Unfortunately I'm not sure if the 4k edition came to XBO/Xbox Series X.
Wasn't aware that this existed thanks.

Last edited:

Aion002

One not mentioned so far:

Trinity: Souls of Zill, it's a cool little action rpg made by Koei Tecmo, Dynasty Warriors studio, Omega Force.

It's basically a ps2 action jrpg with ps3 graphics, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Also... Sony should remake Folklore. It has so much potential.

Chastten

Banned
In no particular order:

1CZ6dTD.jpg

Ar Tonelico Qoga. In all honesty, I don't know anything about this game. Never played it, nor the previous games. But it looks right up my alley, and the OST is absolutely killer. Even without knowing anything about it, tracks like this are giving me goosebumps. But yeah, I'd love to support it so a port or remake of this, including the previous 2 games, would be most welcome.

EYPs5w5.jpg

Drakengard 3. This game was a hot mess from a technical standpoint, but underneath was a great game with an awesome story, great characters and fantastic music. If they can fix the technical issues, this game would be as highly regarded as Nier Automata. Also, bring over the previous 2 games while you're at it since I never played those.

AX48Kh9.jpg

And if it counts, since it was originally an Xbox 360 exclusive, Eternal Sonata. One of the only RPG's in existence I finished 4 times. Twice on two different accounts in order to get the 1000/1000. Fantastic game but I'd love the added PS3 characters so I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

There are a few more, but these came to mind first.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thread asks for ps3 games, yall listing 360 games. Not that I blame you. Xbox 360 beat PS3 in the japanese games department from 2006-2010. Crazy times! Lost Odyssey is truly excellent. Between being published by ms and the og developer not being in the strongest financial shape, I dont see a remaster happening (xsx backwards compat is the closest thing). But that would be my answer to op.

Top Bottom