• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For those of you who have pre-ordered: How was your Switch Pre-order experience?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Went into GS, said hey man I want to get the neon controller thing switch. He said cool.

Weird guy said hey man I just did that, then he showed me his receipt because I guess he needed to prove he was a real man and pre ordered one that wasn't neon.

Said cool man. Swiped my card, walked out.

RaptorGTA

Went to my Gamestop. Not sure how many unit they could preorder but they stated it was limited. Stood in line early and was able to get a unit reserved. Good time overall by the staff.

Ban Puncher

"Hello. I would like to pre-order one Nintendo Switch console please."

"Sir, this is a KFC restaurant."

It was an ordeal.

Why do you all make life so difficult for yourself? Going to stores and waiting in queues?

> Log onto Amazon
> Search Nintendo Switch
> Pre-Order

Done.

Pre-ordered at my local Gamestop this morning. I got there an hour and a half before they opened and was the first in line. They had 16 pre-orders alloted and there were six of us in line before they opened.

Pretty painless for me! Seems like they'll definitely sell out before the end of the day. I just think Nintendo and Gamestop made this really confusing by not being upfront about when orders would go live. All the Gamestop locations in my area were refusing to confirm that pre-orders were this morning as of last night. They just said that if you were interested you should come in when they open.

Alucrid

Banned
GTftiAN.png

i cant even find it to preorder wtf amazon

zhixson

Go to bestbuy.com
Pre-order local in store pickup
Close bestbuy.com

It was super painless. Immediately got confirmation texts and emails and everything.

OneUh8

Easy. Showed up to the gamestop by my office 30 minutes before they opened. Was 6th in line. Was easy and quick.

Frantic.

I tried Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and then got lucky at Target.

When something is out of stock on Amazon, I usually am already ready to give up. But I was glad I found something.

Genio88

Well here in Italy it was pretty tough, a couple hours after the conference the preorder showed up on Amazon.it for 329 euro, i clicked on the preorder button and that made the magic...now gonna wait about 7 weeks for it to show up in my door

-Place order on Best Buy
-Cancel order on Best Buy after seeing a charge
-Waits till damn near 2 in the morning
-Preorders on Amazon

I'm waiting to see if I can get a Neon Instead but I'll take what I can get

BigPete

Went to GameStop. Waited in line and got Zelda and the Gray Switch. There were about 10 others in line with me.

My store got 33 units.

-MD-

I went to Walmart's website and clicked preorder, then I went to Best Buy's website and clicked preorder.

T.O.P

Banned
Got one on Amazon but I'll probably cancel it

Paid online, prices, storage capacity, launch games...all of those look extremely disappointing

rpmurphy

My local Gamestop had 37 in stock, about a dozen people in line when the store opened, and I was about in the middle. However, they only had an allotment of 12 of the red/blue console version, and almost all (maybe all?) of the people in front of me and I preordered that one.

Handful of people at my low traffic Gamestop. I was second in line. Arrived at about 9:20 and sat in the car for a bit before getting out. Very low key. My GS had 26 Switch consoles and 8 of the Blue/Red edition (which I opted for) - not sure if those are part of the 26 or in addition to.

No Zelda Master Edition, though. That was disappointing, but I got the special edition and can live without the statue.

SuperSah

Banned
Preordered the second Amazon UK went live and managed to get it before they closed off release day allocations.

I have one with my name on it :)

Scrawnton

Went to my local Gamestop an hour early and got out of the car fifteen minutes prior. I was first in line with 10 people behind me. Store got less than 20 and they said because of that they won't do a midnight launch. They only had five Zelda special editions.

amdb00mer

So far so good, pre-ordered at Best Buy shortly after the show. No hassle as of yet.

This right here. Not sure if I will keep it, but it is pre-ordered. No hassles whatsoever. I did notice I could not choose shipping. I have to go pick it up. With PS4, X1, X1S, and PS4 Pro I was able to get them all shipped. If I don't like the Switch i'm sure I can re-sell it, Zelda: BOTW, and the 2-year service plan for a profit if needed.

I've said this a lot but it might get lost easily (this might too...)

Those looking for it still go IN STORE to Best Buy, go to customer service and ask to pre order it. It's still available despite being "Sold Out" online. Store PO allocations are separate from Online for some reason.

Like I've told others every store will be different and some might actually be sold out but I just got mine, $50 deposit.

Good luck to all.

Showed up to Gamestop an hour early, was the only person there. They had 22 grey units and 8 blue/red units. 2 more people did show up a few minutes before they opened. The Manager seemed kind of dumb, and was telling us Mario Kart would be out at launch. They also had a really hard time finding the SKUs for things and I am pretty sure they set me up with the incorrect carrying case for pre-order. I figure I'll go back in a week or so when everything is more concrete and get them to fix it.

Dineren

Banned
Preordered online at Best Buy with in-store pickup. Only issue I've ever had with them is when they oversold the limited Zelda new 3ds and they gave out I think a $50 credit to everyone that had it preordered so I was happy.

amdb00mer

$4.99/mo please

Wait is that the online sub price for the switch? Wow that's a lot cheaper than I expected

Nah, random number pulled from my butt

That would work out to $60 a year just like MS and Sony, if it's close to that. Offering only 1 free game a month and know it will be VC titles for a while and nothing AAA is a hard sell to early adopters. I personally think it will be $39.99 a year since you will only get the one game and will be required to use your smart device for the game setups and chatting.

Weevilone

I wasn't going to sleep until I had a preorder for the Master Edition of Zelda. The Switch wound up being easier so I'll need to cancel a couple if they don't get canceled on me.

I've learned not to trust.

Top Bottom