• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: The Walking Dead Just Released A Shocking, Hilariously Bad Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I remember hearing about The Walking Dead: Destinies, a game with the concept that you could alter major events in TWD history and see how the story plays out, like what if Shane killed Rick instead of the other way around.

However, I was skeptical of who was making it, Flux Games, a studio I’d never heard of who has apparently made two Cobra Kai games I have also never heard of, along with some other random titles. It’s published by the aptly named “GameMill” Entertainment. But while I wasn’t holding out much hope, the end result is just…hilariously terrible, it turns out.

That includes both combat, which is clunky and extremely goofy, and cutscenes which have the character models simply standing in place, a worse version of static Redfall cutscenes, somehow. It almost looks like the game has just glitched.
Then, here is the promised “boss battle” Rick versus Shane fight that can alter the events of the show. It features Rick taking no less than about two dozen shotgun shells straight to the face before Shane finally takes him down. I get that boss battles against unarmored human enemies can be hard to script, but this is just hilarious to watch unfold.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Apparently this game has a literal game breaking bug that prevents completion.

Kong has a challenger.

Last edited:
Didn't Skybound claim that they were going to be more careful and involved with development after the Starbreeze/Overkill TWD fiasco? Overkill's game looks like a masterpiece in comparison to this. But then again this looks like it was made for 1% of that game's budget

Edit: I watched a streamer play through this game. She says Gollum was a better game.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rise of kong
Gollum
Walking Dead Saints of Sinners

Daman man, some major bangers for GOTY this year

ElRenoRaven

I had such interest. Sadly I learned who developed it and knew it was gonna be shit. Sure enough It's met my expectations. It's I think sadly worse than their previous effort Kong. Glad I saved myself money and waited to see what the masses found.

Last edited:

Stafford

sWGmJUX.jpg

That's Rick. 🤭

calistan

Shocking and hilariously bad......just like the show once the Negan bullshit started in season 7
That's when I gave up on the show - the end of the season when Negan's people first appear with rocket launchers or whatever it was. I'd read the comics, so I knew pretty much what was going to happen and how annoying a character Negan would be, and I never watched it again.

This game looks special though! I'm guessing the Walking Dead is no longer a premium property.

Top Bottom