• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forget about physics - the official Dissidia Final Fantasy thread

Kingdom Hearts DS has distracted me from this game. Nevertheless, I used the AP trick to master all of Exdeath's attacks. Such a tricky bastard to use.

Skilletor

RocketDarkness said:
Kingdom Hearts DS has distracted me from this game. Nevertheless, I used the AP trick to master all of Exdeath's attacks. Such a tricky bastard to use.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed as I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but what is the AP trick?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Skilletor said:
Forgive me if this has already been discussed as I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but what is the AP trick?

buy a bunch of AP+ equipment and wait for an AP day?

Adam Prime said:
buy a bunch of AP+ equipment and wait for an AP day?

Indeed! but not quite right friend! With what Adam said is true, get to a point where you have most and or all AP Icons. Looks to see what your most lucrative AP day is. Manual change it and then enter the battle.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I think I hit the breaking point with this game today. I played pretty hard core for about a week then just today it hit me that I think I'm done with this. I think once I finish Terra's story mode I'm no longer curious with getting more in this game.

... unless, is Inward Chaos worth playing through and grinding through? Or is it just a frustration fest?

rataven

Adam Prime said:
... unless, is Inward Chaos worth playing through and grinding through? Or is it just a frustration fest?
It's not any harder than Lunar Whale battles in the colosseum, so if you've done ok there, you'll be fine. Finish it, and you can unlock the Blackjack course. Talk about frustration :lol

Aru

rataven said:
It's not any harder than Lunar Whale battles in the colosseum, so if you've done ok there, you'll be fine. Finish it, and you can unlock the Blackjack course. Talk about frustration :lol

The blackjack course is level 121-150 course right ?
As if it wasn't hard enough ! >_>

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
yeah this strikes me as a nice game that you could sink hundreds of hours into, but once I already completed the story I kind of lose my motivation for playing. The combat is great and fun, and there's lots to do and variety.... but without the backdrop of some kind of story I don't feel like leveling up my guys and getting badass equipment just for fun. I've never done that in any Final Fantasy game. Once I am powerful enough to win, I pretty much put it down. I'm not one of those RPG players who must Lv 99 everyone and have their best equipment. I think this game is definitely more geared towards those types of players.

I think at this time I'd rather spend more time playing something else in my back log. I feel like I've seen all there is to see in this game.

... I don't know why I am "telling" you all this, I guess I just needed to let out my feelings about this game to the internet since I don't have a blog or a livejournal. :lol

Adam Prime said:
yeah this strikes me as a nice game that you could sink hundreds of hours into, but once I already completed the story I kind of lose my motivation for playing. The combat is great and fun, and there's lots to do and variety.... but without the backdrop of some kind of story I don't feel like leveling up my guys and getting badass equipment just for fun. I've never done that in any Final Fantasy game. Once I am powerful enough to win, I pretty much put it down. I'm not one of those RPG players who must Lv 99 everyone and have their best equipment. I think this game is definitely more geared towards those types of players.

I think at this time I'd rather spend more time playing something else in my back log. I feel like I've seen all there is to see in this game.

... I don't know why I am "telling" you all this, I guess I just needed to let out my feelings about this game to the internet since I don't have a blog or a livejournal. :lol

Having friends with this game makes it so much more fun.

Aru

SonicX_Zero said:
So is anyone playing this in ad hoc party?

I don't know if I want to play this in adhoc party since the last time I used this software it was a total crashfest.

I was kinda hoping that I could try out how much lag it would get to play someone across the globe. =o By crashfest, was it your PSP crashing or your PS3?

Aru

SonicX_Zero said:
I was kinda hoping that I could try out how much lag it would get to play someone across the globe. =o By crashfest, was it your PSP crashing or your PS3?

My PS3.
We can give it a shot if you want.

Aru

One bad thing: like most PSP games, you can't play with friends if they don't have the same version (and the same language) of the game.

I tried to play with a friend tonight. He has the US version with french text and I have the UK version with french text. We couldn't share friend cards or play. It was like each PSP couldn't see the other one :/

Aru

I'm trying to 100% the story chapters. I tried Cloud's chapter and the prologue 4 times and I still haven't got 100% (98% for Cloud's).

What do I have to do ?
I got all the chests (2 times), all the star bonuses, all the objects (potions, ethers...) and I've beaten all the guys. Do I have to do all the AP conditions too ?

It's kind of boring to 100% the character chapters when you are at level 100 :/

Aru said:
I'm trying to 100% the story chapters. I tried Cloud's chapter and the prologue 4 times and I still haven't got 100% (98% for Cloud's).

What do I have to do ?
I got all the chests (2 times), all the star bonuses, all the objects (potions, ethers...) and I've beaten all the guys. Do I have to do all the AP conditions too ?

It's kind of boring to 100% the character chapters when you are at level 100 :/

Tell me about it :( Yeah um Inward Chaos is kicking my butt. So um any recommendations? better armor, certain character, certain summons/accessories?

Aru said:
One bad thing: like most PSP games, you can't play with friends if they don't have the same version (and the same language) of the game.

I tried to play with a friend tonight. He has the US version with french text and I have the UK version with french text. We couldn't share friend cards or play. It was like each PSP couldn't see the other one :/
But aren't they already different since your friend has the PAL ver.? If I can get some free time this weekend, I hope we can try playing through Ad Hoc. =)

Tell me about it :( Yeah um Inward Chaos is kicking my butt. So um any recommendations? better armor, certain character, certain summons/accessories?
I can't comment on armors since I just wear the best possible ones that I could equip. I think the accessories & skills make the difference as long as the armors and weap. are the best ones you equip for your character. Some of the ones I use are Gravitorb, Gold hourglass, Close to you, the +30% acc on EX-Force & EX-Core absorption, +25% phys/mag dmg acc. (depends on your character). Those are the only ones I can remember and sorry I forgot their respective names.:lol :lol

SonicX_Zero said:
I can't comment on armors since I just wear the best possible ones that I could equip. I think the accessories & skills make the difference as long as the armors and weap. are the best ones you equip for your character. Some of the ones I use are Gravitorb, Gold hourglass, Close to you, the +30% acc on EX-Force & EX-Core absorption, +25% phys/mag dmg acc. (depends on your character). Those are the only ones I can remember and sorry I forgot their respective names.:lol :lol

Hmm, interesting thank you!

Aru

SonicX_Zero said:
But aren't they already different since your friend has the PAL ver.? If I can get some free time this weekend, I hope we can try playing through Ad Hoc. =)

I have the PAL version, my friend has the US one.
But anyway, if you have the PAL version, you won't be able to play with me unless I set my PSP in english (so I have to reinstall data and maybe I won't be able to use my existing save).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
GODFUCKINGDAMMIT SQUEENIX

NOW I HAVE TO TRIPLE DIP ON THIS GAME

FUCK YOU

This is a response to the inclusion of Lightning in Universal Tuning

Aru

Regulus Tera said:

FUCK YOU

Wait what ? In what form ?

EDIT:
Just saw the scan.
She is PLAYABLE.

Damn it S-E !!

Aru

Ninja Kn1ght said:
She's a playable character. It makes sense since they said they wanted to include her in the original version but it was too early to reveal that much about her style.

Yeah, since the announcement of the game I wanted them to include Lightning and Noctis. But not like this !
I want a DLC or something...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ninja Kn1ght said:
She's a playable character. It makes sense since they said they wanted to include her in the original version but it was too early to reveal that much about her style.

They better add Kain now.

They wanted to add Kain too but I guess that's too much of a hassle.

rataven

Aru said:
Yeah, since the announcement of the game I wanted them to include Lightning and Noctis. But not like this !
I want a DLC or something...
Wait. Noctis is in too? Or is that just conjecture?

Maybe we'll get her as DLC. I could see that as an option, since I'd assume UT is using her English VA.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
rataven said:
Wait. Noctis is in too? Or is that just conjecture?

Right now only Lightning is confirmed. I guess we'll get a few more characters in the upcoming weeks in order to hype everyone for FFXIII if we're lucky.

rataven said:
Maybe we'll get her as DLC. I could see that as an option, since I'd assume UT is using her English VA.

This is Square-Enix.

Aru

Regulus Tera said:
Right now only Lightning is confirmed. I guess we'll get a few more characters in the upcoming weeks in order to hype everyone for FFXIII if we're lucky.

This is Square-Enix.

Unless the game has DLC, there won't be any new character.
The game is out tomorrow in Japan.

MechaX

As sad as it is, I'll probably triple dip with Universal Tuning as well.

There is something so damn addictive about this game, and I'll never fully understand why. I already spent 50+ hours a piece on the JPN and US versions.

rataven

BlazingDarkness said:
doesn't UT release tomorrow?
Lightning's gotta be DLC if they're revealing her just now

im guessing we'll get the DLC too
Don't want to get my hopes up, but I agree, I think DLC is a real possibility.

Aru

MechaX said:
As sad as it is, I'll probably triple dip with Universal Tuning as well.

There is something so damn addictive about this game, and I'll never fully understand why. I already spent 50+ hours a piece on the JPN and US versions.

Yeah, this.
The game is not fun when you start levelling a new character, but when you reach level 30 it's cool to grind to level 100.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Regulus Tera said:

FUCK YOU

Scans look fake. So fake.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So guys, apparently the scans showing Lightning in Dissidia UT were fake.

Live and learn, eh?

EDIT: Should probably not post that URL. Sure they're fake scans, but I'd rather be careful. :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
2qibtvk.gif

Bwahahahahahaha

Aru

Great fake, I really believed it :lol

But I'm relieved now.

Keep Lightning and Noctis for Dissidia 2 S-E :p

EDIT: Huh ? Posting this made me forget my true purpose of bumping the thread :lol

So I finally got 100% on the prologue and Cloud's chapter. I was missing a potion in Cloud's destiny and for the prologue, I didn't know that the gils rewards counted in the percentage. Only the PP don't count.

faridmon

sorry to bump this thread, but i am having a difficulty in the game.

what i was wondering is, how am i suppose to cancel a bravery attack? i am a squall player (never liked him, but his fighting style is the most befitting one for me) and i wanted to learn the advanced combo Upper Blue + Beat fang, but the problem is i have to cancel while Squall is preforming upper Blue before he knocks his enemy down which results in wall rush.

how can i do that? if i wait, i can't connect them together and i have tried to press every button, but i still can't pull it off.

for the ones who don't understand me just watch this.

how the bloody to i execute a cancel?

faridmon

Teknoman said:
Since ad-hoc party is availible world wide now, I say people start fighting each other again.
was that an answer to my question?

anyway, i don't own a PS3 so i can't play it online and i have no friends with the same game.
so i will be an amateur forever :(

rataven

I don't play as Squall regularly because I never liked him either, so this is all just a shot in the dark...

I don't know if you can actually 'cancel' out of a bravery attack, other than not fully executing it. I think Upper Blues has a four "O" button hit max. Wall rush probably happens on the fourth. Start Upper Blues, hit "O" only three times, pause a second for Squall to come out of Upper Blues, then execute Beat Fang and go back to mashing "O". I don't think you can avoid that pause, because Squall doesn't have any linked combos. That's all I've got! A Squall mainer would surely know more.

And what version are you playing? There are some changes between the JPN and NA release, and that video is JPN.

I'm fairly certain you can avoid or shorten the pause by dodging. I saw a video of someone demonstrating with Zidane, but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Edit: Guess I'm not that lazy. Here you go.

Has anyone experienced freezing issues with the game? I started playing arcade mode, and sometimes if I press the d-pad when choosing items, the system locks up. I tried doing a full data install, but that did nothing to rectify it.

roxya

RadioHeadAche said:
Has anyone experienced freezing issues with the game? I started playing arcade mode, and sometimes if I press the d-pad when choosing items, the system locks up. I tried doing a full data install, but that did nothing to rectify it.

It has never once frozen on me. In like 60 hours of play.

faridmon

rataven said:
I don't play as Squall regularly because I never liked him either, so this is all just a shot in the dark...

I don't know if you can actually 'cancel' out of a bravery attack, other than not fully executing it. I think Upper Blues has a four "O" button hit max. Wall rush probably happens on the fourth. Start Upper Blues, hit "O" only three times, pause a second for Squall to come out of Upper Blues, then execute Beat Fang and go back to mashing "O". I don't think you can avoid that pause, because Squall doesn't have any linked combos. That's all I've got! A Squall mainer would surely know more.

And what version are you playing? There are some changes between the JPN and NA release, and that video is JPN.

i am playing the Pal version, which is the same as the NA version, i assume.

well i have tried the avoiding part, but the combo doesn't connect as fast as it supposed to be, and if i pause the enemy just counter attack really fast.

is there major difference in combo links with JPN version and the other versions?

faridmon

HiddenWings said:
I'm fairly certain you can avoid or shorten the pause by dodging. I saw a video of someone demonstrating with Zidane, but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Edit: Guess I'm not that lazy. Here you go.
yep, tried that, but he moves a great distance when dodging, but i will try more. Thanks.

Top Bottom