• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Games In Need of Sequels

The Guardian Legend
maxresdefault.jpg

Piggus

Prey

The new game appears to have nothing to do with the original and is clearly a new System Shock with the Prey name slapped onto it, for whatever reason.

I don't know if it was mentioned but God Hand. Best brawler ever made, with some of the deepest combat ever made. And one of the best sound tracks ever...

Lebneney

Banned
So weird that that game feels like the prologue once you beat it. I almost expected to get a title card with The Order: 1887 and then for the real game to begin.

I can see where you're coming from. I really enjoyed it, but if it was expanded a bit more, I think it would be a cult classic. Really hope that Sony revives it. :(

littlebigplanet 3, need for speed underground 2, harry potter quidditch world cup, telltale game of thrones, resistance 3, infamous second son, playstation allstars battle royale

all off the top of my head

tumblr_op8n2eKH0r1rozuvno1_540.jpg

1. Conker needs to come back onto Nintendo consoles. The sequel will involve him waking up from a long hangover nightmare that he ended up on a Microsoft console.

2. Buck Bumble Switch needs to happen. This is the best bug game and there is a ton Ubisoft could do with single player campaign and multiplayer using the power of Switch.

3. Zombies Ate My Neighbors is not a game I am that fond of, but if they reworked it with an over-the-shoulder camera while upping the survival horror and enemy count it would easily enter into the best co-op game territory.

4. Electroplankton is sublime interactive music software. It deserves a sequel with better hardware technology.

5. Geist is a ghost game that had some awesome moments in single player, and I'd love to see Nintendo make a sequel and what they would do with online multiplayer.

6. Custom Robo is a game that is perfect for head-to-head gaming on the Switch. The question is whether Nintendo wants to keep things simple with the overhead view of games of old or take it to the next level by having the game fully resemble the opening GC FMV. Hopefully the latter.

7. Gotcha Force is a game that I have stuck in my head that it is the best looking colorful game on Gamecube. Capcom has to have this game on their minds for an HD remaster or sequel. It's certainly on mine.

78195-crystalis-nes-front-cover.jpg

Can't believe I'm not the only one who wants this. I loved this game. Let my friend borrow it, never got it back. Bastard.

Sign me on the love train aswell..One of my all time fav games, and the only NES game I own with the box and manual (You can get it pretty cheap on ebay like 40-50). love the music in the game!

I would kill for a remake on the switch like how blaster master got done..I doubt it'll ever happen though :'(

retroman

You are not the only one and there have been different fan projects.

Ultimate Bruce Lee
An interesting PC remake of the Commodore 64 game which offers both enhanced graphics and a classic mode.
https://archive.org/details/Ultimate_Bruce_Lee

Bruce Lee II
An original faithful successor made for PC.
http://www.bruneras.com/games_bruce2.php

...and even ported on Commodore 64!
http://kollektivet.nu/brucelee2/

Bruce Lee
A personal favorite: an enhanced port of the original 1984 game for a newer system... the Sega Master System!
http://www.smspower.org/Homebrew/BruceLee-SMS
Thanks!

It fills my heart with joy to see such awesome fan projects. I really should play them sometime!

I've seen several of my favorite old titles show up, and I'm glad that Gaf has such good taste!

Zombies Ate My Neighbors is definitely one I'd like to see come back, but I'd want the mechanics to stay mostly the same.

Endless Ocean is one of the most relaxing game experiences of all time, and a Switch sequel would be fantastic!

Billy Hatcher is odd in that Sega still uses the character in crossovers, but he's never had another title to himself...

daevv

Actraiser needed a proper sequel. Could of expanded on both the sim and action parts instead of full action.

[Fugo]

My picks

1. God Hand
Godhand_gameplay.jpg

Fun, varied setting with TONS of reference/homages to past Capcom games as well as anime/manga. Battle system is solid, fun and rewarding. Gives a good challenge - you need to learn how to play properly even at Normal difficulty to have any chance - but its also (mostly) fair. Memorable characters and one-liners, and really catchy OST.
A remaster leading to a more polished sequel (camera would definitely nedd improvements) is my wettest dream. Maybe.

2. Yoshi Touch'n Go
s24980_nds_24.jpg

Lovely little gem. A runner/puzzle on DS that perfectly mixes the new generation touch screen and pen controls with the pure old school arcade score hunting. Super Mario Run wishes it had as much creativity and level design.

kinn

Many great suggestions already made.A lot of Segas older games like Skies of arcadia ,Panzer Dragoon Saga etc But also the following:

Wetrix_for_N64%2C_Front_Cover.jpg

I think there was a port/sequel on DC and PS2 but this was a great game.

Seaman_Coverart.png

Think its crazy that this isnt ported to mobile/tablets. Think there was a Japan only sequel .

BAR_gamebox.PNG

Loved this game.

ChuChu_Rocket%21_Artwork.jpg

Wished this was more popular.

Puzzle_Fighter_flyer.png

Been ported to a few systems with a "HD" remake/port.

Dark_Savior_Coverart.png

Yes there was Landstalker/Time Stalkers (Lady Stalker maybe? And would Alundra 1 count?), but this was different. I loved the parallel story mechanics.

Dark_Void.jpg

Dark Void

Had really good game-play even if it felt extremely rushed and disjointed. A sequel with a developer given enough time to finish it would be grand.

Top Bottom