• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Games In Need of Sequels

Anything Viewtful Joe related.

Literally why they didn't continue that franchise boggles the mind. But hey they did cancel Ace Attorney for a while and I'd imagine that wouldn't be as intensive to make for Capcom as some of their bigger franchises.

Capcom's priorities lie in some weird other world where they only want their big franchises to succeed and will make spinoff after spinoff (RE Revelations ect.) related to those franchises instead of new IP.

Would love a remake or sequel to this with the technology used in Guilty Gear 3rd Sign

Comix_Zone_Coverart.png

jettpack

7.jpg

A real sequel to FEAR. I'm replaying it now, super interesting game. I think it would benefit from modern tech a lot.

unbuliebubble

Neo Member

Ritzboof

i can think of a billion games id like remakes of, mostly for the sake of preserving their gameplay. id give anything to see a reimagining of stretch panic with the same mechanics, rather than just a subpar boss rush, among other games

i probably want another custom robo like the GCN one more than anything, though. my hands down favorite as a kid, and i still love it (even though no one will ever play it with me)

Custom%20Robo.jpg

SeanTSC

#1 game that needs a sequel, by far.

Skies_of_Arcadia_Legends_box.jpg

Skies of Arcadia! Feels like Sega just completely forgot it exists. And the rest of the world never made a big Air Pirate RPG again, which is a huge travesty.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i can think of a billion games id like remakes of, mostly for the sake of preserving their gameplay. id give anything to see a reimagining of stretch panic with the same mechanics, rather than just a subpar boss rush, among other games

i probably want another custom robo like the GCN one more than anything, though. my hands down favorite as a kid, and i still love it (even though no one will ever play it with me)

Custom%20Robo.jpg

I played a bit of the story mode today of that game. The story is like I remember. Long on the tutorial but not the most offensive thing around. The gameplay is fun and it has potential for growth. The story on the otherhand I feel they need to make it more interactive than what they tried to do with the GC game. I should try the online of Dolphin and see how it works with this.

EDIT: That reminds me I want another one of this.
250px-Phantom_Crash.jpg

More like the Xbox game and less like the PS2 game

HvySky

A post in the terrible character designs thread made me realize I'd love another Custom Robo. Do it for the Switch, Nintendo, please.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Ritzboof

I played a bit of the story mode today of that game. The story is like I remember. Long on the tutorial but not the most offensive thing around. The gameplay is fun and it has potential for growth. The story on the otherhand I feel they need to make it more interactive than what they tried to do with the GC game. I should try the online of Dolphin and see how it works with this.

the gameplay and its potential for growth is the big thing i hype about. i dont mean a sequal to that custom robo specifically, but i think the GCN custom robos general style and aesthetic is better and more fitting than the other games. its story has a place in my heart as such a big part of my childhood, though. the universe is made of cardboard but i love it

Einhander, a sequel on PS4 would be so good.

i almost mentioned this, einhander is a one-of-a-kind shmup

f27fb2a781f13763ffbe8f5a465ce857.jpg

DMONKUMA

Custom%20Robo.jpg

I'd agreed with this as well.

Coda

256px-Metalwolfcover.jpg

metalwolfchaos01.jpg

Game had fantastic FromSoftware styled action with hilarious satire. It deserves a next gen sequel where destruction is paramount.

ZehDon

Gold Member
anachronox.jpg

The forgotten masterpiece, with an unresolved cliffhanger. Just waiting for the Kickstarter...

AnnTiPa

augbatch10.jpg

Metal Fatigue. It had some very interesting systems in place which haven't really been done in other RTS since. You fought on three layers (orbit, surface, underground), each with their own thing going on and you had robots which you were able to assemble from different parts depending on what you needed at the moment. You could also steal enemy parts and use them since all the factions had different parts. It had an excellent menu music too

Marbleblastcover.jpg

One of the best 360 games and best games of last gen. Shame about Garage games shutting down.

My man. Yea, it was a fantastic game. Single player and multiplayer were great fun. I recently downloaded it on my computer and I can't get it running without or crashing:(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
TheOrder1886_2D_NORATING_14011947661.jpg

If Knack gets a sequel, this one deserves one too... :(

Thanks a lot Cerny.

So weird that that game feels like the prologue once you beat it. I almost expected to get a title card with The Order: 1887 and then for the real game to begin.

F4r0_Atak

My choice would be either Onimusha or Manhunt.

Really loved both franchise when I was younger.

for me, probably any old titles from Level-5 Studio. These 2 in particular
latest

roguegalaxyj.jpg

EDIT: LEVEL-5 IF YOU ARE READING THIS. PORT IT TO PC :(

Bad news for you mate, both IPs (Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy) belonged to Sony/SIE last time I checked. Sure Level-5 worked on the games but these IPs aren't theirs. So... don't expect these games or its sequels to come out on PC. :(

My picks:

Custom Robo GCN

could see it do well with online functionality, more parts, maybe a TPS mode that can let you aim and target body parts

El Shaddai

Keep the insane artsyle, add more weapons and tighten up the combat

Haunting Ground/Demento

Hmmm...maybe use a different protagonist than Fiona Belli, as her story is pretty much completed. A different main character but with a dog companion and explore similar themes as the first game. Keep the gameplay and panning cameras the same, with QOL fixes here and there

hughesta

Banned
what the fuck I have literally never in my life heard of Sonic Battles. words can't describe the way I feel right now.

on topic: Advent Rising needs a sequel.

Nanashrew

Banned
Everyone else has mentioned what I was going to with Ristar, Dark Cloud, Radiata Stories, and Sonic Battle. But! there is another game that deserves a sequel. Drill Dozer. It's a super fun platformer by Game Freak and I think it really deserves a sequel.

I'd love to see a sequel to this game, but I don't ever think it will happen since as far as I can tell PixelArts hasn't made anything significant since. I don't even know if they are still around any more. :/

Well there is Gunner's Heart. It's PC only unofficial sequel with the original cast. It's not really open skies though, it's an on rails shooter but it's action packed. Came out in 2005 by EasyGameStation. That studio would later go on to make Chantelise, and Recettear.

combine42

Neo Member
rkFIjYtl.jpg

give me a remake of this and the first one, just combine them.

Jesus. I getting a demo disk from a magazine with that game on it. I played it for hours and hours. Never actually bought the game though. I remember the dude with double swords and the guy with a boat wheel on its back.

Top Bottom