• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Bungie VP challenge Lord Kotick with an open letter

_tetsuo_ said:
I don't understand why he thought this was a good challenge. If SOCOM Confrontation can sell at $60, they could sell Black Ops with 6 maps and day 1 $20 DLC and people would buy it and the downloads in droves.
honestly, if they sold black ops multi alone for $60 and it starts the game on the multiplayer menu, and single and multi for $50 but it starts on the mode selection, i think millions of people would buy the multi-only for $10 more.

panda21

what would selling the online only portion prove? i'm really confused

everyone knows the singleplayer is just ok and the multiplayer is the main part of it anyway

bluemax

Banned
FrostuTheNinja said:
I can understand Epic being referred to as an independent developer when they were making One Must Fall and Jazz Jackrabbit. But Gears of War? Really? After the hits they had with the Unreal franchise?

I'm not sure if he means independent as in grass roots or independent from a parent company. This is why Kotick's original comment confused me.

The second one obviously. Kotick don't give a shit about dudes in their garages making games with Flash.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
panda21 said:

everyone knows the singleplayer is just ok and the multiplayer is the main part of it anyway
I like Call of Duty single player more than the multiplayer spaz/grindfest.

Instro

Vic said:
fqpEY.gif

So awesome :lol

Massa

Dance In My Blood said:
I like Call of Duty single player more than the multiplayer spaz/grindfest.

I dislike both equally, but selling them separately has nothing to do with innovation and independent studios. The guy was reaching.

Massa said:
I dislike both equally, but selling them separately has nothing to do with innovation and independent studios. The guy was reaching.
You mean BREACHING

Seriously though, all he was doing was calling attention to his own product. But after the 6 Days in Fallujah fiasco I'll cut all those guys some flak.

panda21 said:

I think you have it the other way around :D

Top Bottom