• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Naughty Dog employee says he was sexually harassed by a lead in late 2015

Sexual harassment: It's everywhere.

I just want to remind the kind people (but mostly men) (#notallmen) to PLEASE don't ever pursue or push for any unwanted touching/attention.
All women ask is for respect -- that's it... That's really it. But even that seems to be a lot to ask for.

Uhhh, did you read the OP?

This is disgusting.

I am proud of him to speak up and say something.

This isn't easy to do at all. I commend him for the courage to speak out.

Sexual harassment: It's everywhere.

I just want to remind the kind people (but mostly men) (#notallmen) to PLEASE don't ever pursue or push for any unwanted touching/attention.
All women ask is for respect -- that's it... That's really it. But even that seems to be a lot to ask for.

Considering this is a about a male employee being harassed I think a better message is don't be a shitbag and give people in general respect.

Point is, no one should be doing anything gross or creepy to each other. It's not THAT hard to read the signs

Oh, I know. It was just weird that you specified "women" when the topic is about a man getting harassed, so I thought maybe you didn't read it right.

CEJames

Well damn Sony. Every time I look into my PSVR headset now, I'm just going to picture this dude getting sexually harassed and your nonchalant attitude toward it.

Why must you look evil when you've done so much good?

Kolx

There's also this response from someone else.

tlNbeEs.png

A quick google search of Naughty Dog and Niantic brings up someone, but I don't know what the rules are on this sort of stuff, don't want to start a witch hunt if it's not the right person.

This guy apparently left after naughty dog after UN1. The guy in question is after that. So these are two different people in here?

In February 2016 I had a mental breakdown at work & Sony Playstation HR became involved. When I told them about the harassment they... 2/

...ended the call and fired me the next day. They cited the company was moving in a different direction and my job was no longer needed. 3/

They tried to silence me by offering $20,000 if I signed a letter agreeing to the termination as well as to not discuss it with anyone. 4/

Jesus fucking christ.

Vuci

PlayStation and ND better make this right. Fuck them for this. Their entire HR department needs to hang if this is factual. (which I am assuming it is)

This shit needs to stop. It really kills me to hear these things. It seems all too common among many people in many parts of life.

It's disgusting and it needs to be squashed. Sooner rather than later.

If he has any documentation about him reporting the harassment and then the timing of him being fired + asking to sign documents to not talk about it, sounds like something a lawyer can get to work with.

This shit really happens in every industry. Shameful.

McBryBry

Holy shit. I interviewed David for a school project a few years ago when Uncharted 4 had just been announced months before. When he 'left' Naughty Dog I was sad but wished him well. I did NOT expect this. What the fuck.

EDarkness

Not sure what's up with folks and not keeping their hands to themselves, but something seriously needs to be done about it and companies need to start taking this stuff seriously. I mean, paying the guy $20k instead of just getting rid of the guy who was doing the harassing? What the hell is that? I just don't understand this kinda stuff.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There's also this response from someone else.

tlNbeEs.png

A quick google search of Naughty Dog and Niantic brings up someone, but I don't know what the rules are on this sort of stuff, don't want to start a witch hunt if it's not the right person.

Yep I found this too, but I don't feel comfortable posting it unless the accuser wants to out them, especially as it could be the wrong person.

This guy apparently left after naughty dog after UN1. The guy in question is after that. So these are two different people in here?

No detective work/doxxing please.

#4theplayers

Not the time to be making jokes or snide remarks, in my opinion. (E: I get that it's how you express your anger, though)

I feel like the part about Sony firing and trying to buy off the guy should've been the title.

Well, the phrasing is sufficiently concise and also closely reflects the victim's own wording. So I personally think it is fine.

You can not say things like that without proofs. This is serious.

Then tell me, how can we expose latent cases of sexual assault which couldn't be reported immediately due to a repressive work/social environment like this exact case? Do we just shrug our shoulders, go "welp, the past is the past", and move on? No.

bryanee

This sucks.

Also can we not go witch hunting? You could end up getting the wrong person and causing all kinds of harm.

I feel like the part about Sony firing and trying to buy off the guy should've been the title.

This guy (separate from the other now-niantic harasser) is still probably there.
I like to keep this matter focused on ND. Saying it was Sony just makes you think of the amorphous corporate blob that it is rather than a studio that protects creeps.

Ascenion

Wooooooow Sony. ND is a great studio, but not cover up sexual harassment great. Fuck me buying TLOU2 at this point. Also fuck you Sony.

wartama

Neo Member
First it was the football industry, then the Hollywood, and now big gaming companies. Absolutely sickening.

I hope more victims who were intimidated into silence with big industries find the courage to expose these scumbags.

even at ND? disgusting

what a world we live in, indeed
We would be naive to think that this doesn't have everywhere.

Seriously, everywhere. I was harassed by a woman when I was in my early 20s working at a dental office. Thankfully I wasn't fired, she was. It's awful.

Dice//

Banned
Same. People normally laugh when I talk about it as if I should be flattered.

Eugh I don't really understand that perspective; such a shame when it's treated so lightly, it's bad enough women get it, but a whole other ugly when it's not taken seriously for men because of some weird 'sex is awesome' mentality.

Not sure what's up with folks and not keeping their hands to themselves, but something seriously needs to be done about it and companies need to start taking this stuff seriously. I mean, paying the guy $20k instead of just getting rid of the guy who was doing the harassing? What the hell is that? I just don't understand this kinda stuff.

Thats HR for you

You are a fool to think HR exists to do anything more then look out for the companies bottom line.

I always tell people in shitty situations debating getting HR involved to think about if it would just be wiser to find new employment instead or if they do go to HR, at least have your resume up to date and have a eye on the job market because its a roll of the dice.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
First it was the football industry, then the Hollywood, and now big gaming companies. Absolutely sickening.

I hope more victims who were intimidated into silence with big industries find the courage to expose these scumbags.
Harassment is everywhere.

Top Bottom