• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2016 Season |OT2| BUT GRO PER

Zaru

Scarbs on why a few more engines might pop this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMi_fcFAVTI

Yeah that sounds realistic. Bigger development steps for one less engine per year that pushes harder to get the cars past the increased air resistance. Plus some suppliers might go for a "power now, reliability later" approach or something.

I wonder how hard Mercedes is working to fix the gremlins they suddenly got last year (mostly to Lewis' detriment), because they're probably not to keen on that sort of bad PR.

jey_16

Banned
They really should go back to the proper blood red colour they had till the end of 1995. Bloody Marlboro.

they ran the "Rosso Corsa" paint job in 2007 from Monaco onwards (rather then Rosso Scuderia) and it was gorgeous, hoping we might get something special this season considering the 70 year anniversary celebrations

f2007-ferr-raik-monaco-2007.jpg

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Well, there's a rumor going around that some Indonesian conglomerate is one of the bidders for Manor.

Is F1 going to just want bodies, or viable teams?
I wish the barrier to entry was lessened but over the past years, we've only got teams who are just on the verge as successful and teams that may be dissolved quarter season?
As Vettellikes to say,"what are we doing here, guys?"

Zeknurn

Until they implement a budget cap and make the distribution of the prize money more fair, the tail end of the grid is always going to be on the brink of folding at the end of each season.

Because if you're a sponsor and you're willing to invest the money needed in F1, you do it further up the field because all the teams always need more money.

Jezbollah

they ran the "Rosso Corsa" paint job in 2007 from Monaco onwards (rather then Rosso Scuderia) and it was gorgeous, hoping we might get something special this season considering the 70 year anniversary celebrations

That is super lush. holy balls.

Is F1 going to just want bodies, or viable teams?
I wish the barrier to entry was lessened but over the past years, we've only got teams who are just on the verge as successful and teams that may be dissolved quarter season?
As Vettellikes to say,"what are we doing here, guys?"

Until they implement a budget cap and make the distribution of the prize money more fair, the tail end of the grid is always going to be on the brink of folding at the end of each season.

Because if you're a sponsor and you're willing to invest the money needed in F1, you do it further up the field because all the teams always need more money.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-could-lose-f1-money-privileges-says-liberty-867401/

Liberty is with you guys apparently

Mastah

It looks like Paul Hembry getting out there early.

Pirelli fears new F1 rules could lead to processional races

Good, old scaremongering.

"But the true impact of overtaking will be down to the [relative] performance of the cars. If the performance of the cars is close together, then there might be chances – if they aren't then it will be a procession."

What? The bigger the performance gap between 2 cars, the easier overtaking is. And the problem with processions is caused by cars qualifying in the same specification they race and top 10 cars starting on the same tyre compound, but that has nothing to do with new rules.

"But on the other side there are going to be more corners flat out, and that is not going to help overtaking because people won't be backing off as there is no braking."

Again, if there are more flat out sections, overtaking will be easier, because following cars will get longer slipstream benefit and spend less time being affected by dirty air.

Top Bottom