• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

I feel like that kerb is misplaced but then I remember that the track used to have straight up barriers at the same spot.

Mastah

That kerb was there last year:

f1-monaco-gp-2016-red-bull-racing-rb12-of-max-verstappen-crash.jpg

So why all the fuss now?

Results from the Motorsport.com survey are in.

"Conducted in 15 languages and receiving fan feedback from 194 countries, the 2017 survey had 215,872 participants – a sample set even larger than the previous 2015 Motorsport Network/Grand Prix Drivers’ Association survey.

The contribution made by the respondents represents more than 25,000 hours of fan feedback to create the biggest motorsport marketing research project ever conducted, and one of the biggest sports surveys of all time."

"Data from the 2017 survey indicates the average age of the Formula 1 fan is becoming younger and more diverse, with more female respondents than ever before. However, the declining availability of free-to-air television coverage is having an impact – fewer fans are watching the sport regularly compared to the 2015 survey.

The survey results show Lewis Hamilton’s popularity has doubled since 2015; he now commands a level of global fan support not seen since that enjoyed by the great Michael Schumacher. Hamilton was voted as the most popular driver in Formula 1 – beating Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.

Ferrari has strengthened its position as the world’s favourite F1 team in the latest survey, with nearly one-third of the global fanbase ranking it at #1. Ferrari’s support is almost double that of its nearest competitor – the fast-rising Mercedes AMG F1 team."

Other “fast facts” from the 2017 survey include:
Respondents to the 2017 survey spent $8.8m on F1 merchandise in 2016
6,249 Finns took part - nearly all, bar 399, voted for Kimi Raikkonen or Valtteri Bottas as their favourite driver
Mercedes AMG F1 is the most popular team in the UK, but not in its 'home' market of Germany
25 per cent of 16-34 year olds want to watch F1 live streaming, via laptop or mobile; while only 7 per cent of 45+ year olds do
Less than 0.5 per cent of fans want to watch in highlights-only format
Over two thirds of fans completed the survey on mobile or tablet
Max Verstappen is more popular among 45+ age group than 16-24 year olds
Only nine recognised United Nations countries weren’t represented in the survey - South Sudan, Palau, Marshall Islands, Sao Tome & Principe, Samoa, Vanuatu, Nauru, Aruba & Equatorial Guinea
Nearly two thirds of all respondents put Monaco, Monza, Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone in their list of five essential Grands Prix
The percentage of fans describing Formula 1 as ‘exciting’ nearly tripled between 2015 to 2017

xrnzaaas

Other “fast facts” from the 2017 survey include:
Respondents to the 2017 survey spent $8.8m on F1 merchandise in 2016

That's about 40 dollars per person. Quite a lot if you consider how overpriced is most of the merchandise and you have to be a really really big fan to buy that stuff. Or maybe there are a few whales among the respondents. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking cap or t-shirt. When you're at the track I'd say a good 80% of people have something.

Dude in front of me in the line spent £6k. I totally got in the wrong line. :(

lol

xrnzaaas

I know that it's easy to hit that average by buying a single t-shirt or another basic type of clothing. What bothers me is that even though it's a licensed product (which are overpriced by nature) it costs a lot more than it should. But then again maybe it's me being usually cautious with money. It's just like I wouldn't spend a few hundred Euro on tickets. ;)

Jezbollah

Can someone explain to me why there are ads on Sky during sessions
How much are people paying for this again?

Because what you miss during these sessions mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things, and also, because these sessions are long.

Zeknurn

Yeah, this pole is between Vettel and Ricciardo unless Hamilton steps up.

edit: Scratch that, Vettel is cutting sector times like crazy.

DieH@rd

Banned
It's awful for him and for McLaren as well," McLaren boss Eric Boullier said. "It was not expected at all."

No Eric, everyone expected this.

I'd really like to see Vettel win here again. He's one of a few drivers that seem to have a certain "throw the car around" style for Monaco.

I still hate the race though. Best part is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom