• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastah

What the fuck is with Red Bulls out of the race even before lights go out? That's the THIRD year in a row it's happening.

C70WhZsXkAEwLQK.jpg:large

It's possible but then we've had shark fins before and drivers were still able to recover back then. The mixture of high mechanical grip and absolute downforce in these cars seems, in my uneducated opinion, to mean that a considerable instantaneous loss of either results in a catastrophic loss of both

That's why we see both rookies and Riccis losing their cars - I'll see myself out

I do wonder if that same issue will result in cars not being able to follow each other - the car in front stalling the airflow of a car following it.

We had shark fins, but not hybrid engines with such huge amounts of strategically deployable electrical energy.

The huge down force and tyres these cars are now allowed to have is due to the engines being waaaay too powerful for what the old cars could manage.

Now that the cars have enough down force and mechanical grip to actually deal with the monstrous torque an electrically pushed engine can provide, a stalled rear wing will also remove the relevance of how fat the tyres are because there's no load pushing them into the road.

Even when not sliding, I've been of the opinion that these shark fins are just not going to allow total efficiency of the rear wing under yaw(while turning)

And as pat said, the more sideways you get, the more that shark fin is going to be ruining airflow to the rear wing.

TTG

I thought you guys were taking issue with Hamilton bringing an umbrella with him for the anthem. That's kinda weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom