• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole 'Hamilton is terrible at managing tyres' thing has been done to hell and back.

I know it has and that's not what I meant.

Let's try this again. I said Ferrari is gentle at tires and had good pace. Anybody will ruin tires trying to maintain position against a fast opponent, especially in traffic. Hamilton himself said that the Ferraris matched pace and that he struggled with his tires. I, like other people on the same page, were trying to get the point across that the Merc package might not be great on tires. Not everyone is a Hamilton hater.

Mastah

Adam Cooper‏ @adamcooperF1 1m1 minute ago

'@McLarenF1 has announced a documentary series about its 2017 season for Amazon Prime, exec produced by @mpandey69 of Senna fame

Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Amazon Prime

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey, if it's by the Senna guy, I'm fucking game. Might even sub to that awful service.

But it says Executive Produced, so probably not.

Joba62x

Neo Member
Just got the email for USGP, tickets are up for sale. I moved 6 sections closer to turn 15 , still row 33 but section 12 instead of 18 so closer to the back stretch, was 700, 100 less than last year.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!!!

Line_HTX

Put your sexy out~ Get your sexy out.

C8F7HjRVUAEn1Is.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Other cars get into first corner accident, but let's shit on Stoll in his first race instead. I'll give him until roughly the mid way point before I jump on the bandwagon of his lack of ability.

Is it really just the money thing that drives people nuts? Everyone needs support in Motorsport and you still need some level of talent.

Just got the email for USGP, tickets are up for sale. I moved 6 sections closer to turn 15 , still row 33 but section 12 instead of 18 so closer to the back stretch, was 700, 100 less than last year.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!!!!

Wait... you got to choose your seats? How / where are you buying your tickets to be able to do that?

dakun

too bad Germany has no race anymore. I would've gone for sure this year. With Vettel being a probable title contender they sure missed out on some good ticket sales. I hope with Liberty taking over they'll do something about it. F1 without a German GP is not alright.

Aiii

So not worth it
Other cars get into first corner accident, but let's shit on Stoll in his first race instead. I'll give him until roughly the mid way point before I jump on the bandwagon of his lack of ability.

Is it really just the money thing that drives people nuts? Everyone needs support in Motorsport and you still need some level of talent.
F1 should never be the place where you start learning how to drive. The whole reason F3 and F2 exist is so drivers prove their worth and hone their craft. So yeah, that drives me nuts. Pinnacle of a sport should not be where you spend half a season learning how to do it, honestly.

This is one of the main things Liberty should fix, pay drivers should be a thing of the past. If you want to have some sort of developmental F1 system, have a rookie race on Saturday for third and test drivers after qualifying.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
F1 should never be the place where you start learning how to drive. The whole reason F3 and F2 exist is so drivers prove their worth and hone their craft. So yeah, that drives me nuts. Pinnacle of a sport should not be where you spend half a season learning how to do it, honestly.

This is one of the main things Liberty should fix, pay drivers should be a thing of the past. If you want to have some sort of developmental F1 system, have a rookie race on Saturday for third and test drivers after qualifying.

Probably should have moved to GP2, he at least won the F3 title. Kimis pre F1 resume was even weaker.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge

Stroll spent the last two years in F3. And it's not like he is just learning how to race, the new cars are unlike anything he's driven before. None of the current feeder series have cars that are close in characteristics to the current F1 car. And I find it amusing there is all this hate for Stroll but none for Joylon Palmer. He basically got into F1 because of his dad's money too.

tomtom94

Stroll spent the last two years in F3. And it's not like he is just learning how to race, the new cars are unlike anything he's driven before. None of the current feeder series have cars that are close in characteristics to the current F1 car. And I find it amusing there is all this hate for Stroll but none for Joylon Palmer. He basically got into F1 because of his dad's money too.

There's tonnes of hate for Palmer. This time last year GAF were upset about a joke he made at the end of the race lol

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Aiii

So not worth it
After two years of F3 you should be in F2, unless you prove to be exceptionally talented. Stroll has not shown such exceptional ability in those races, he won -in the best car of the grid, while utilizing F1 engineering (payed for by dad)- and that is fine enough, for a F2 seat.

For his own sake it would have been better, too. Not just for us. Bit more than experience

FrankCanada97

After two years of F3 you should be in F2, unless you prove to be exceptionally talented. Stroll has not shown such exceptional ability in those races, he won -in the best car of the grid, while utilizing F1 engineering (payed for by dad)- and that is fine enough, for a F2 seat.

For his own sake it would have been better, too. Not just for us. Bit more than experience

I agree with you on that, Prema was always going to win no matter who was driving that car. Five team championships in a row is a testament to how that team is run.

Massa

And I find it amusing there is all this hate for Stroll but none for Joylon Palmer.

There's hate for everyone to go around, it's the internet man. Or have you not heard about Hamilton being unable to drive under pressure, Vettel not being able to drive a car that isn't perfect, etc.

FrankCanada97

There's hate for everyone to go around, it's the internet man. Or have you not heard about Hamilton being unable to drive under pressure, Vettel not being able to drive a car that isn't perfect, etc.

Let me rephrase that then, I think the hate towards Stroll is disproportionate in comparison to the hate towards Palmer.

NewDust

So apparently Renault are planning a very minor engine upgrade for Spain, and a big upgrade for Canada (just like last year).

Jezbollah

IIRC Kimis debut F1 race was only his 24th race in a single seater lol.

Funny thing is that I remember Ron Dennis being incredibly critical of Sauber and saying that Kimi was too inexperienced when he landed his drive there.

Dennis signed him later on that year.

So I'm a bit confused on the USGP ticket deal. It looks like they are already on sale on the official F1 site, but then the COTA site isn't putting them on sale until Friday?

Edit: When I went to the inaugural USGP at COTA, I sat in the Turn 4 grandstands. What are some other good spots on the track? I have my eye on Turn 12, 15 may be too rich for my blood.

Edit 2: Am I better off waiting for the F1 Experiences package deals?

krang

So I'm a bit confused on the USGP ticket deal. It looks like they are already on sale on the official F1 site, but then the COTA site isn't putting them on sale until Friday?

Edit: When I went to the inaugural USGP at COTA, I sat in the Turn 4 grandstands. What are some other good spots on the track? I have my eye on Turn 12, 15 may be too rich for my blood.

Edit 2: Am I better off waiting for the F1 Experiences package deals?

Aren't F1 Experience packages basically hospitality access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom