• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I wonder at which point in 2012 he decided to go to Mercedes. Around summer break McLaren won 3 races in a row so they weren't looking TERRIBLE, but he must have realized that the team was going nowhere and the rumors were clear by early september. Those three retirements from pole which followed must have vindicated the decision pretty fast though.

It was his breakdown in Singapore. Watch it back, and look how he walks away and takes one glance back at the stricken car.

Edit:

giphy.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
When is C4 covering live races, and what is the cheapest way to watch on sky if I don't have sky? I have virgin media but a sky sports sub is like £20-25 a month. I think I'd rather buy one off access for certain times when C4 has a fallow period

nekkid

When is C4 covering live races, and what is the cheapest way to watch on sky if I don't have sky? I have virgin media but a sky sports sub is like £20-25 a month. I think I'd rather buy one off access for certain times when C4 has a fallow period

Get a nowTV box and pay for the days you want to use Sky Sports.

Zeknurn

I'm already a heavy discord user so I'd be into a f1gaf channel. But it would probably kill this thread.

In other news:
Pirelli believes the ultrasoft will be the most popular tyre compound in the Australian Grand Prix, after saying degradation on Friday was below the target set by the FIA for 2017.

However, the Italian firm is confident that as the season goes on, and aero development puts extra loads on the tyres, one-stop races will become less frequent.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirelli-admits-f1-tyre-degradation-below-fia-target-885562/

Its quite amazing the money McLaren wasted on this dumbass series.

It was also quite revealing what assholes McLaren were too.

I remember an episode where they were running through a list of McLaren world champions and they mentioned Button, who won his championship for another team, but not Lewis, who won them the last championship they'll have for a very long time and would've won more if they didn't fuck up many a time.

It was a pretty good indicator of how McLaren felt towards Lewis imo. I'm overall pretty content to see them turn to shit after he left.
I remember Ron being ex-girlfriend tier salty regarding him leaving.

DBT85

Find someone who has sky sports and will let you use their skygo.

Massa

Easy cruising in a car that might as well be in another formula does not make you the greatest of all time, it only makes you better than your teammate and damn lucky.

Everyone thought Hamilton was an idiot for going to Mercedes. It's not about luck.

nekkid

Am I the only one who doesn't like that? it's a bit spoiler-y. I like to know split times only.

Yeah, I can see that, too.

Good info in retrospect (after the lap is complete), but not live. Will be especially good comparing drivers.

A spoiler for sector times? Are you for real right now?

Well yeah, part of the charm of qualifying is not being sure till someone crosses the split line/finish line.

Watching Hamilton setting all purple in the mini sectors will make the final straight line dash really underwhelming.

sam777

It was his breakdown in Singapore. Watch it back, and look how he walks away and takes one glance back at the stricken car.

Edit:

giphy.gif

I get sad looking at this because if Hamilton had won 1 of these races in which he had broken down in, Alonso would have been champion.

Razgreez

Everyone thought Hamilton was an idiot for going to Mercedes. It's not about luck.

Everyone? As a lifelong Mercedes Motorsport supporter I was ecstatic. Had been following a number of rookies and felt that LH should have been in F1 by, or even before, 2006 but Turkey 2006 was when he really put a marker down. McLaren being so conservative was a great pity but then decision making is clearly not their strong suit :D

In a way Mercedes being conservative regarding PW is similar I suppose especially since he's not a complete greenhorn

More spin in this post than Stroll.
A) I was honestly curious what his other choices were outside of Mercedes and sticking with McLaren and B) Seriously I don't think a lot of teams were begging Alonso to join them. They're both a bit on the diva side, but Alonso's got way more controversial baggage than Hamilton does.

nekkid

Especially Jackie Stewart.That can never be forgotten Everytime he opens his mouth to complain about Hamilton racking up wins and titles in a dominant car.

Any time Hamilton proves Stewart wrong, it's glorious.

nekkid

Prices for the F1 experience packages are up. OUCH. lol

I've looked into blowing some cash on hospitality at Silverstone, rather than sitting in the nosebleeds year on year. These seem pretty standard.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The top package probably includes a driver contract at Sauber.

f0rk

Have I missed the boat on Japan tickets? Not many on offer on bookf1.com or the main website. edit: ah apparently ticket availability is staggered over the next few weeks.

Anyone been? Is there a consensus on best place to sit? Looking to have a 2-3 week break around it.

Watching these cars fly around Melbourne, Im getting that tingling feeling in my spine I havnt felt since the height of the blown diffuser era. The cars themselves LOOK and MOVE like technological titans (even if they still dont quite sound like it.)

Have I missed the boat on Japan tickets? Not many on offer on bookf1.com or the main website. edit: ah apparently ticket availability is staggered over the next few weeks.

Anyone been? Is there a consensus on best place to sit? Looking to have a 2-3 week break around it.
From stand Q2, I was able to see:

Turn 2
A bit of the esses
Dunlop Curve
Degner 1
130R
Chicane
Final corner
Some of the main straight

Tickets were a bit pricey though.

Y6JFFYe.jpg

Yagami_Sama

The commentators here in my country are saying that Honda have started developing a new engine and plan to deliver it is to months, by Monaco grand prix.

Is this confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom