• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Razgreez

I'd still have preferred having Pascal in the other Mercedes seat instead of Bottas. Even if he had performed slightly worse, which given Bottas's current form would have been difficult, at least he would have been given a chance and they could have fallen back on Bottas for next season anyway

Jezbollah

I'd still have preferred having Pascal in the other Mercedes seat instead of Bottas. Even if he had performed slightly worse, which given Bottas's current form would have been difficult, at least he would have been given a chance and they could have fallen back on Bottas for next season anyway

One of Bottas' strengths is his ability to work with his team - it's a pretty stark contrast between them two.. And given the new rules for this year and how the Merc seems to be in terms of its temperament, I think that decision was vindicated..

And Sauber will be turned into Ferrari B team, if rumors are correct

Haas am cry.

DD

Haas doesn't aspire to be a B team though. They want to become their own thing, not taking second hand stuff for everything. We'll see about that budget though...

I have a feeling that Haas won't be there for a long time, I don't know why...

I have a feeling that Haas won't be there for a long time, I don't know why...

It's a shame how they haven't been able to make much progress so far. I'm honestly a little surprised by this.

e: Steiner said that with Sainz at Renault, they might be able to overtake Toro Rosso in the standing now. At the same time they have Renault right at their heels with one point behind them, so they might end up in 7th place anyway.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It's a shame how they haven't been able to make much progress so far. I'm honestly a little surprised by this.

They have better season point wise compared to last year...

e: Steiner said that with Sainz at Renault, they might be able to overtake Toro Rosso in the standing now. At the same time they have Renault right at their heels with one point behind them, so they might end up in 7th place anyway.
Renault would be in front of them if they had a better reliability / second driver :p
Sainz hauled 48 points of 52 for STR, so I wouldn't be surprised if both Haas and Renault overtake them on the left and right

DD

e: Steiner said that with Sainz at Renault, they might be able to overtake Toro Rosso in the standing now. At the same time they have Renault right at their heels with one point behind them, so they might end up on 7th place anyway.

Well, their budget is small and their pair of drivers aren't exactly top notch. Is their car still 75% or something like that made by Ferrari?

They have better season point wise compared to last year...

They have more point finishes than last year but also more retirements with 4 more races to go.

e: Only looked up the stats, though. I didn't look up specific incidents during the race that led to the DNF.

Par Score

WRT Haas, let's go back and have a look at how another new entrant did in their first few years:

Year Points Position
2005 34 7th
2006 16 7th
2007 24 5th
2008 29 7th

Oh dear, that doesn't look very good does it? No real progress, in fact if anything, they went backwards!

A real shame, they probably left the sport and never came to anything.

Ark

Except Haas doesn't have the budget of RBR.

I reckon Haas will stick around for a few years yet. Nobody is going to leave with the new regulations just around the corner.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
WRT Haas, let's go back and have a look at how another another new entrant did in their first few years:

Year Points Position
2005 34 7th
2006 16 7th
2007 24 5th
2008 29 7th

Oh dear, that doesn't look very good does it? No real progress, in fact if anything, they went backwards!

A real shame, they probably left the sport and never came to anything.

For every RBR, there's another team who did leave.

Just look at who RBR bought the team from, not exactly a tiny company!

The moment anyone starts to get defensive when they are trying to make their case is the moment you know they have lost. He should be out there shouting from the rooftops about what he brings to the table, not what they lose without him there. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Felipe.

Dr.Phibes

How are these two things relatable in any way?

One is a guy refusing to follow team orders or be courteous to his team mate.

The other is a guy struggling to cope with the crippling amount of technical issues that literally cost him a world championship after a random swapping round of mechanic teams, while his rival in the exact same machinery was suffering none of these issues.

Besides, multi21 is barely scratching the surface when it comes to things you could say about Seb.
What was Abu Dhabi last year then? Ignoring orders from Toto and Paddy? But I get it, that's completely different... Now I kinda wanna know what would've happened if Vettel had pulled that shit.The Autosport meltdown would have been delicious.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I also find it hilarious that people still bring up stuff like multi 21 to discredit Vettel but somehow forgot that Lewis accused his team of intentionally fucking up his car not even 12 months ago.

Only if you misread “somebody” to mean “somebody in the team”.

It’s a pretty common phrase for a person to say “somebody doesn’t want me to XYZ” and be referring to fate rather a human being.

DD

Massa is starting to look like Barrichello never wanting to leave. What saddens me is the fact that there won't be a Brazilian on the grid for the first time since 1982 and, to be honest, I'm not really excited with the boys coming up on the junior classes.

Ark

Agreed, although Kimi is always good for funny moments. Sad to see what happened to Massa's career after '08. Ferrari really fucked him over (Hungary, Singapore etc.).

I'd argue that he redeemed himself with many of his drives for Williams, but this year he hasn't done himself any favours at all. He really should have stayed in retirement imo.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Massa is starting to look like Barrichello never wanting to leave. What saddens me is the fact that there won't be a Brazilian on the grid for the first time since 1982 and, to be honest, I'm not really excited with the boys coming up on the junior classes.

F2: Sergio Sette Camara #12
GP3: Bruno Baptista #19
F3: Pedro Piquet #14
V8 3.5: Pietro Fittipaldi #1

Not very promising no.

Fittipaldi is #1 but that series hasn't been fielding more than 12 cars per race.

DD

F2: Sergio Sette Camara #12
GP3: Bruno Baptista #19
F3: Pedro Piquet #14
V8 3.5: Pietro Fittipaldi #1

Not very promising no.

Fittipaldi is #1 but that series hasn't been fielding more than 12 cars per race.

Yep. Pietro has a surname and some backing from Mexico, but he wanted from the beginning to be on Nascar instead of open wheelers, until the Mexicans came up. He's dominating the Formula V8 3.5 just like he did on the British F-Renault some time ago, but none of these series has a competitive field, so it doesn't mean much. He should go to F2 to prove himself.

JDB

Banned
Man, watching clips of the past couple of seasons make me really appreciate the liveries of this year. So vibrant and so much variety.

Juicy Bob

Happy for Hartley. It's cool that he gets to have a crack at F1 after all this time.

Hopefully his cameo is more successful than Lotterer's was.

DBT85

If it's $150m It'll have to be over like 6 years. Also lots of people at Ferrari, Mclaren, Red bull and Mercedes will be out of work.

DBT85

Those teamoperate at 200-280 mil $ range

Those numbers doesn't correlate with the €400m+ the top 4 were reported to spend last year or the year before.

Even if that number is inflated and its only €300m, its still a far cry from $150m

Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari were all set to get at least $160m+ this year from the championship money alone. Before outside sponsors and parent company backing.

cromofo

LOTOS: Do you want the fuel oil company to support the fastest race driver in the world?

Polish Sports Minister:
What do you think? ;)

Rosberg on the mission
DMCsutHX0AApKWR.jpg:large
Kubica edging closer to the Williams seat in 2018. Exciting times

Massa on suicide watch

Top Bottom