• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

BigAl1992

Reading that makes a lot of sense now that I think about Ferrari's performance both on and off the track for the entire team over this season. Obviously, there's always been pride and a bit of arrogance on Ferrari's part due to their stature, but that sounds like a very difficult work environment to be in. If it doesn't change soon, then next year they'll go backwards, which won't help matters.

Par Score

I'm not sure which part of this is funnier.

It might be the bit where he paints Vettel as a "shining light" who is "able to find peace and to raise his head above the noise to attempt to bring calm".

But no, it's probably the bit where he suggests that "It fills nobody with any delight to see what Ferrari has become".

Either way, it's good for a laugh.

Fox Mulder

Fuck Ferrari, but at least they made this year fun. A season of Merc dominating alone but without Nico pushing Lewis would have sucked. Bottas would have got stomped and just doesn't have the confidence or skill yet.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Aren't you missing a good 100 million there?

whoopsie. I knew that I messed up something, it should be 3 instead of 2 :)

Goddamn, that doesn't sound like a healthy work environment.

On some other forum, a credited F1 photographer regularly post his experience from the races and Ferrari staff is very rude and unfriendly since Baku incident and you can really feel the tension in the air at their motorhome / garage. Mechanics pushing photographers, camera guys, even some journalists / guests got rude treatment on the starting grid..

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I'm not sure which part of this is funnier.

It might be the bit where he paints Vettel as a "shining light" who is "able to find peace and to raise his head above the noise to attempt to bring calm".

But no, it's probably the bit where he suggests that "It fills nobody with any delight to see what Ferrari has become".

Either way, it's good for a laugh.

It was a bit odd reading his scathing remarks about Vettel’s petulant attitude, only then to comment on him being the “shining light”.

Zaru

The first few races of 2017 might have been the happiest Lewis has been in a long time. No internal team rivalry, an equal competitor at Ferrari that challenged him, trading championship blows every weekend. Must have been pure racing bliss.

He's just being racist.

Sounds like he's describing their tough relationship as fresh WDC winners in the same team. Didn't actually say whether he doesn't like him or not and praised his perceived growth as a person since he was his team mate.

Kind of different to complaining about "too much bling or "too gangsta" or "not 'cerebral' " or other things that wouldn't normally make you dislike a person.

xrnzaaas

He's just being racist.

People go for the r word way too often, he's just explaining character traits of a typical world champion. Button is actually an exception in that group, but he only won because of the car so he doesn't really fit the profile. ;)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I was referring to the people in the gaming thread. Nobody here in particular. No need to get defensive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41528046

Interesting comments from Mr Button about Lewis. I don't find this surprising to be honest.

You can imagine what the atmosphere between Alonso and Hamilton was like back in 2007..
This doesn't exactly surprise me. Lewis strikes me as a person that doesn't exactly teammate well. The rivalry with Rosberg that tanked a decades long friendship has to be evidence of this...not that that's fully Hamilton's fault. Though Lewis and Button seem to get along well enough these days, though I'm basing this on the post qauli interviews and podium interviews that I've seen with them.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR will protest as soon they discover that Renault is using some of their (unique) ideas in 2018. And looks like they won't be the only team.

Apparently Budkowski has already seen several 2018 cars, he know engine outputs, all the gray zones that can be or already are exploited, has a inside knowledge in windtunnel / CFD configs at top teams etc. And person with such knowledge can join any team in the sport after three month gardening leave. Typical FIA.
(Auto motor und Sport)

Zaru

RBR will protest as soon they discover that Renault is using some of their (unique) ideas in 2018. And looks like they won't be the only team.

Apparently Budkowski has already seen several 2018 cars, he know engine outputs, all the gray zones that can be or already are exploited, has a inside knowledge in windtunnel / CFD configs at top teams etc. And person with such knowledge can join any team in the sport after three month gardening leave. Typical FIA.
(Auto motor und Sport)

Did Renault shoot themselves in the foot there? Even if they find all these solutions/tricks on their own, nobody will believe them and thus protest.

Zeknurn

(Auto motor und Sport)

Does it matter if the teams protest? From what I gather, Renault has done nothing wrong.

Top Bottom