• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Yes same account. Just restored the licences and get the same message 😭

Did you download the free version then get one of the things that was £17 when you open the game and it says to purchase or redeem a code?

I think Sony or Epic messed up and only shows the upgrades in there, not the full version to own the game license

R0ckman

I had the same issue last night. No idea how to do that

Figured it out mostly, still have no clue on the stairs but everything else in the hologram you place your stuff on has a edit guide in the top right corner on how you make it. No idea why this wasnt in the home base tutorial.

Redshirt

Banned
I see some players building sniper perches. Is this a loot drop or a built-in option?

There's no way to totally reset our progress right? Start over with a clean slate?

Doesn't look like it. Someone asked this on chat earlier, and no was the answer they got.

MadmanUK

Did you download the free version then get one of the things that was £17 when you open the game and it says to purchase or redeem a code?

I think Sony or Epic messed up and only shows the upgrades in there, not the full version to own the game license

Yeah I bought the £24 version when it redirected me. So does that mean I can't play until the 25th? Pretty annoying if so as it doesn't state that when you buy.

I see some players building sniper perches. Is this a loot drop or a built-in option?

Doesn't look like it. Someone asked this on chat earlier, and no was the answer they got.

Whatever they're building, they're doing it with the edit options.

Yeah I bought the £24 version when it redirected me. So does that mean I can't play until the 25th? Pretty annoying if so as it doesn't state that when you buy.

If the bundle says you get a head start it should be playable now. All the options on PC say head start, though I can't speak for PS4.

B-Dex

I think the rotating gizmos for crafting the higher tier weapons are too rare. I spent all morning and yesterday afternoon trying to get 2 more to remake my awesome auto pistol I like still haven't gotten one.

EGOMON

Guys I need your help/input, the situation as follow:
Me and my brother are planning to buy the game so we decided i buy the deluxe edition and give him the friend key. The problem is that my PSN account is USA while his UK.
Can he uses the key from my version on his UK account?
Any one can help with this please

my purple pistol and sniper rifle are so good.

i'm guessing mats aren't shared? is there some way to share ammo to teams? or i'm just lost on it.

CookTrain

Can anyone confirm that if you buy the game right now, you fall into some weird middle ground where you own it but aren't in the head start?

Redshirt

Banned
Whatever they're building, they're doing it with the edit options.

Cool. Thanks. Maybe it's an edit option on short walls. I'll look for it.

Is mission progress only awarded to the party leader in private rooms?

Home base missions are credited to the leader only.

Standard missions are credited to everyone, but I think that if you're not up to that point in your quest tree, then you won't get credit.

Are the top tier versions worth it? Seems like they take the fun away of earning the loot yourself.

I bought Limited for the extra copies. Not sure if it's worth it for the loot, but I would definitely say it hasn't affected my fun.

There's a lot of loot to collect, and I liked having a legendary constructor to start with.

Bahlor

Wow that's pretty fucked up, just wanted to try the game with my girlfriend... guess you have to buy it twice. First game that gives us problems with this. It's really really awful from epic. I wanted to play the game with my girlfriend and son in the same household but they want to pay you twice. Hope I can get a refund...59 EUR and account bound... wow -.- why is this even account bound and not console bound like... well ... basically everything.

EDIT: And I doubt someone has maybe a spare key left? :(

KodaRuss

Havent had much of a chance to dive in as I got sucked in with Splatoon 2 last night. Has it been pretty easy to find groups with the game on PS4?

My PSN is Longhornbevo if anyone wants to group up sometime. I am central time zone US.

hydruxo

Interface in this game is the most overcomplicated shit in the universe.

The game itself is fun tho.

Yeah the UI really is trash. Aesthetically it just looks really amateurish too. Hopefully they'll tune it up over time.

But yeah it doesn't bother me as much as it would in most games because I'm having quite a bit of fun with the game. The shooting feels really great.

My by the numbers review.

Gameplay 10/10
UI 2/10
Tutorial Completely fucking useless/10

Epics main priority during early access has got to be a deep explanation of everything in the game and a simplified UI overhaul.

7QMVaxv.png

llama went from silver to gold. my first legendary.

Kadin

Watching DansGaming and some random he's playing with screwed something up. Something about exceeding a build limit or whatever? Anyone care to clarify, Twitch chat obviously was no help. Is this a potential griefing issue with the game?

LycanXIII

Watching DansGaming and some random he's playing with screwed something up. Something about exceeding a build limit or whatever? Anyone care to clarify, Twitch chat obviously was no help. Is this a potential trolling issue within the game?

It gives you optional bonus objects to stay under a certain amount of objects. I guess it could be a trolling issue?

Kadin

It gives you optional bonus objects to stay under a certain amount of objects. I guess it could be a trolling issue?
Ah okay. Everyone in chat was saying to kick this person and Dan was pretty pissed about it, or maybe he was playing it up. They had a victory in the end but wasn't sure what happened and some were saying the guy was destroying stuff as Dan was building it.

Anyone that plays 9pm to 12pm PST send me a PM with PSN name! Got a buddy that I'm playing with but really wanna get a solid squad of 4 and maybe a few more extra friends to always keep things full.

When I get home tonight I wanna make a GAF Fortnite Group on PSN! But really trying to find at least 2 more for a fairly static team!

PSN is Caliaztec and if you don't wanna post PSN name here send me a PM!

i miss one of the expedition. i think it increased my inventory. i had someone out. i wish i could speed it up.

Watching DansGaming and some random he's playing with screwed something up. Something about exceeding a build limit or whatever? Anyone care to clarify, Twitch chat obviously was no help. Is this a potential griefing issue with the game?

it gives you a boost at the end when it start to go through the tiered chest. the bonus helps a lot.

i only managed to get up to lvl 4 chest. i want to see what the higher one gets.

Vic_Viper

Really like what ive played so far. Alot more fun then I thought and I was really hyped for the game already lol.

Do you need to finish the tutorial missions before being able to play the main portion of the game? There are like 10 "tutorial" Quests right?

How do I start working on my own personal base? Do I need to finish the tutorial for it as well?

Just finished the 3rd quest line so far so im still pretty early on.

J3ffro

Is there any way to tell what resources you need in order to craft schematics beyond those tiny-ass icons?

If you click over to the right (on the right hand side of the screen, not sure if you are on console, and if so what the right button is) there's a button that says crafting, that goes into detail what each of those little icons stand for.

mas8705

Honestly, I've been enjoying the game thus far. Mind got a bit blown to realize that you can basically build anywhere and not just at specific places.

Hopefully, I won't hit a brick wall anytime soon in terms of progression. Would like to see how far I get with collecting cards and what have you.

Yea, you really dont need to spend any more than $40. Kinda wish I hadnt spent the extra $20 tbh but oh well. Its a great game and totally worth it at that price.

As far as I know you can upgrade to the other tiers no problem. From the main mission menu go to the store tab and you can pay the difference to upgrade to any of the other packs.

Top Bottom