• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Redshirt

Banned
I don't care for it. I played a lot of HB matches the first 1.5 weeks, but once I had gotten all the epic heroes, I was done with it.

I do like not needing to restock when a match is done, but the mode is too much of a time sink.

Man once they can fix the horrible frame drop on console when their are 5 people in the same radius this game be excellent. It's the only thing really stopping the fun for me, no idea how though

The hit detection feels wonky but I trust that will improve over time

I personally don't feel like any new content playstyle wise is needed.

I quite like the simplicity nature of the game, pretty straight forward, no skills or gimmicks.

I guess sneak melee takedown be cool but not really needed.

Redshirt

Banned
The game is on sale. Is it worth it. Or should i wait for it to go ftp?

I spent a lot more than $24 and have certainly gotten my money's worth.

But if you're on the fence, I'd suggest waiting.

Epic has been incredibly slow to address any of the problems with the game, and I doubt that it gets better with the success of Battle Royale.

I spent a lot more than $24 and have certainly gotten my money's worth.

But if you're on the fence, I'd suggest waiting.

Epic has been incredibly slow to address any of the problems with the game, and I doubt that it gets better with the success of Battle Royale.

This is probably the best advice. Epic has been frustrating slow to address community concern and even slower to change some of the most glaring issues.

The game is solid. Gunplay is fun and building is snappy and surprisingly intuitive. Some of the gacha systems are annoying.

I only log in to collect resource points and get a game or two done and I'm still very much enjoying myself. But I would advise waiting. PvE has a murky future at the moment.

PVE does not have a murky future. That is such a misleading statement. They just had the survive the storm event. They just started the horde bash event, what like 2 weeks ago? We have a halloween event starting soon. There is no sign of the PVE having a bad future.

And they have addressed some of the biggest community complaints, in particular the survival xp mid game got boosted a ton to help power levels mid game. It's also now a lot easier to stock up rain drops and boosting survival squads is cheaper. My complaint about not being able to get an epic or higher hero easily has been addressed since you can play 10 timed missions and get a specific epic hero. They even have quests that let you choose your rewards.

I would be interested to see people's personal stats on how many zones they've cleared. I got 339 zones, commander level 180.

As far as outstanding stuff, I really want to see bonus rerolls. Also, some weapons shouldn't even have a chance to get certain bonuses because they're just useless. For example, I got a shotgun with 2 ammo count. Double barrel shotgun. It has a fast fire rate to the point that you're always reloading if you just spam it. And it's a legendary scavenger version. Neat right? But 2 of the bonus rolls are fire rate, something it absolute makes zero use out of. That shouldn't be a possible roll. Reload would be awesome. Fire rate? Useless.

And I really want to reroll my hydrolic sniper rifle. It has 3 or 4 crit damage bonuses and 0 crit chance bonuses. Feelsbad.

Redshirt

Banned
Just picked up the game a few days ago. Tons of things in the menu. Any advice before I start upgrading or crafting stuff?

Crit chance is the most important weapon stat. Damage is additive so not as great as it might appear.

An epic with good stats is better than a legendary with bad stats.

Don't evolve your weapon before moving on to the next zone because you won't have enough materials.

Keep some weapons at 1-star, 2-star and so forth as you move up.

The game will keep sending you back to Stonewood, for instance, and you'll waste resources by using your 2- or 3-star gun there.

cucuchu

Just started playing this a few days ago and its really got its hook in me. I bought the version on PS4 that was 29$ I think and normally its $60 and can easily see me getting my money's worth out of it. The gameplay itself is fun although I had to convince myself to stop rushing and just take my time gathering/exploring.

The progression system is not easy to understand though. I think I get the general overview of it but I'm still not sure how to do things such as acquire the exp component needed to upgrade my survivors and how to craft the material needed to build those random satellite locations you find which looks like some kind of alloy. I'm almost certain that these things become unlocked later on but right now its almost impossible to determine whether I am just missing something or if I am locked out of access to it until later.

Redshirt

Banned
Component needed to upgrade survivors.. you mean drops of rain, lightning in a bottle and so forth?

If so, those are awarded for completing quests (you can see this on the map screen) and there are "faucets" during events (not this one it seems) where you can stockpile them pretty easy.

If you just mean XP, then you get it from quests and recycling/transforming survivors.

As for the stuff needed to build "random satellite locations," not really sure what you're referring to.

Redshirt

Banned
iaOJDXN.gif

Legendary troll loot truck!

Top Bottom