• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

Tei

Neo Member
So right now in the loot store the special llama is on "People Llama".. does that mean heroes in there or is that just survivors and stuff?

Since theres a "hero llama", I guess the people llama is different and if allow to get heroes, the probablity is low, similar to a upgrade llama or that shit.

So your answer is no-ish, maybe, probably not. Don't buy it except if you need survivors.

[edit] caveat emptor: I am wrong 90% of the time.

Also I think the first area and the player population is almost Random in most co-op/PvP thought process of "Fuck you I got mines"

In second area I joined a play with others to test it out
Put me in a 40 zone while I'm 19
All 3 others people were 31
They were so accommodating

Might be just a one off thing, but Holy Shit they used chat and communicated

They said Storm Chest, even underpowered my guns and abilities chipped away enemies, they were glad I was a team player
I saw a chest, made a mimic noise, put it in chat need help and get your rewards, they came and helped!

They when set up trap boxes and got good rewards
All of us, not one complaint on why a 21 power level deficit was doing in the map

I swear that really rejuvenated me to play more of Plankerton then Stormwood

Got 4 skill points, my XP bar filled up 3 times from all the XP and the extra goodies, traps I carried back to my base to use

That's nice.

The reason it put you in the 40 zone is because they recommend having a power level of 40 to use that. I think if you select the second option it might put you in lower level ones too. Also your stats are boosted by your teammates so you might have been 40 power if they were high enough.

I almost don't even look at power level. I am still power level 27 and I've been doing 46 and just finished plankerton completely so I am up to canny and that starts at 52 or something.

Geneijin

Bought this last night. Unfortunately, I'm not really feeling it. I'm not engaged in the gameplay loop and everything just feels a bit boring. I like the combat, but nothing else is really pulling me in. I'm kinda burnt on it already, but I've already dropped the $40 on it, so I feel I have to play it to get my money's worth.

Is there is a point where it gets better? I'm only on Quest Page 4 for Stonewood.
I feel it doesn't get better until Plankerton (2nd area), but even then, it takes a bit too long to get to a point where the difficulty isn't a complete cakewalk.

Weird. People llama only shows legendary cards on the preview tab in the loot store.

Its not all legendary or anything right?

Nope, I purchased one the first time round and got low tier cards. I sent a message to support saying that I'd like a refund but it's important for them to change the pictures as it's basically false advertising. They just sent me a reply saying they don't offer refunds and ignored the false advertising bit. It's amazing how greedy they are, after PoE gave me a refund for purchasing some items that went on sale the next day I've decided to stop playing Fortnite until the game/customer support goes through some serious changes.

Blunoise

ok, this game looks fun? i will get it on the psn store, is it worth getting the basic pack to start? any pointers on starting out? is it an ever growing game?

Tei

Neo Member
ok, this game looks fun? i will get it on the psn store, is it worth getting the basic pack to start? any pointers on starting out? is it an ever growing game?

The game is fun. Yes, then upgrade if you enjoy it. Pointers is.. the first area is a long (20+) hours long tutorial. Things get harder in the second map and third map.

The game is not finished

Redshirt

Banned

Check GAF B/S/T. May be able to get a copy for $25 or so. PC and PS4 codes are one in the same.

It seems like it'll be an ever-growing game, but we'll get out first true taste of that with the big Sep/Aug update.

Tip #1: Don't put any XP into Defenders.. like I did. :/

Blunoise

The game is fun. Yes, then upgrade if you enjoy it. Pointers is.. the first area is a long (20+) hours long tutorial. Things get harder in the second map and third map.

The game is not finished

so wait do I need to create bases in each map, I thought it was a seamless open world, also do you play as only one class or can you switch on the fly?

Check GAF B/S/T. May be able to get a copy for $25 or so. PC and PS4 codes are one in the same.

It seems like it'll be an ever-growing game, but we'll get out first true taste of that with the big Sep/Aug update.

Tip #1: Don't put any XP into Defenders.. like I did. :/

Thanks for the tip.

Redshirt

Banned
so wait do I need to create bases in each map, I thought it was a seamless open world, also do you play as only one class or can you switch on the fly?

The game isn't open-world. It uses instanced missions, but you have four private areas where you build a permanent base.

You cannot switch on the fly, but you can change your hero between missions.

R0ckman

Nope, I purchased one the first time round and got low tier cards. I sent a message to support saying that I'd like a refund but it's important for them to change the pictures as it's basically false advertising. They just sent me a reply saying they don't offer refunds and ignored the false advertising bit. It's amazing how greedy they are, after PoE gave me a refund for purchasing some items that went on sale the next day I've decided to stop playing Fortnite until the game/customer support goes through some serious changes.

Wow, I may actually stop playing until they change policy. This is damn scummy.

I bought I think 3 people llamas before. I didn't get any epic heroes but I wanted them pretty badly so I thought it was worth the chance. Didn't pay out. Now I'll be saving up for a discount pack or troll/legendary llama.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Another really skammy thing is that they act like the daily Lamas are at reduced price when you can only ever buy them at that price.

tenor.gif

MoonGred

I've been very reluctant to spend my Vbucks after accidentally buying a lama and getting nothing but crap when I first played the game. Is the concensus to save them up and only buy the 1000Vbucks ones?

Redshirt

Banned
I can't see myself ever buying v-bucks with cash.

I spend money on ESO and PoE, but there I feel like I'm getting something cool and supporting them.

I'd just feel dirty in this case.

I've been very reluctant to spend my Vbucks after accidentally buying a lama and getting nothing but crap when I first played the game. Is the concensus to save them up and only buy the 1000Vbucks ones?

I would or better yet the 1,500 v-buck troll loot trucks or whatever they're called.

I finally got an epic hero. I used the legendary transformation key for a random epic hero. And I got a great one, skirmisher. Has several shuriken buffs which is great for late game, dragon blade buffs, and crescent kick. Actually one of the best ninja heroes.

I don't think transforming 5 epics into 1 legendary is worth it anyway. The difference between an epic hero and a legendary hero is about 10%.

I think after a point, yes. Early on I think buying the 300-350 vbuck llamas is a nice payoff because you're guaranteed to get epics. And you also get founder coins right now which gets you epics. And epics are very good.

MoonGred

I'm still in stormwood so it might be worth it for me, I've got 3 epic heroes but getting in dire need of weapons. For some reason I don't really want to spend materials on building blue weapons and keep holding out for an epic drop which has yet to happen.
In all honesty I'm probably putting way too much thought into the early game and should just roll with the punches.

So founders coins and v bucks.

I have an option to buy a founders llama. You are saying I should save those and the v bucks for the special limited loot llamas????

Tei

Neo Member

Theres nothing seamless about it, but the maps are big and it takes a while to explore each map. And they are procedurally generated, and imho, the procgen is quite god. After 90+ hours you still new stuff you have not seen before. The biomes are suburban, industrial, downtown, forest, jungle. But people are getting tired of biomes with grass, all of them seems to have grass everywhere.

Theres nothing seamless about it, but the maps are big and it takes a while to explore each map. And they are procedurally generated, and imho, the procgen is quite god. After 90+ hours you still new stuff you have not seen before. The biomes are suburban, industrial, downtown, forest, jungle. But people are getting tired of biomes with grass, all of them seems to have grass everywhere.

And grasslands is a biome iirc. Even in a specific zone type there is a lot of differences. You're right the proc gen is really good.

I believe canny valley will have desert biomes though, or a desert pallet? The canny valley outpost defense is all desert! It looks great. I think they're still working on canney valley though.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
After some research, I decided to chance it and bought two of the legendary troll llamas. I got 38 items.

- 13 Rares
- 15 Epics
- 4 Legendary Weapons
- 1 Legendary Trap
- 1 Legendary Hero
- 200 Founder's Coins

Totally worth it to me, though I still have yet to get a mystic item.

FeD.nL

After some research, I decided to chance it and bought two of the legendary troll llamas. I got 38 items.

- 13 Rares
- 15 Epics
- 4 Legendary Weapons
- 1 Legendary Trap
- 1 Legendary Hero
- 200 Founder's Coins

Seems like one of them went Jackpot! Grats that's a crazy good haul.

I hit a gold troll llama (is it always gold?). I got 2 legendary weapons a couple epics and a handful of rares.

The shotgun I got has so much crit bonus damage, but only 10% crit, so seems bad. And it only has 2 shots in the chamber. But when it does crit it will do almost 3x damage.

The longsword I got I don't know what to think of. It got 3 stats reducing heavy swing so I can probably right click with it forever.

- 13 Rares
- 15 Epics
- 4 Legendary Weapons
- 1 Legendary Trap
- 1 Legendary Hero
- 200 Founder's Coins

Yeah man you don't get 38 items from 2 troll llamas lol, that is amazing though! You hit a jackpot on a troll llama.

J3ffro

I bought one of the 500 coin llamas, received 27 cards from it (went gold), including my first first mythic, a lead survivor.

I also got three legendary weapons (quick sword, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle) as well as a legendary wall launcher (bow before my greatness!), then a half dozen epics. The epics were mostly survivors, and an outlander.

All told, pretty good haul, it also gave me 100 founders coins, but that llama wasn't anything noteworthy.

Commander Kook

Neo Member
Seems like one of them went Jackpot! Grats that's a crazy good haul.

Yeah man you don't get 38 items from 2 troll llamas lol, that is amazing though! You hit a jackpot on a troll llama.
Makes sense now as one coughed up 28 items and the other 10. Didn't know you could even hit a jackpot.

With these new items and heroes, I think it's time to finally wrap up Stonewood and move on.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So should I buy those Legendary Troll Stash llamas?

I have 2820 VBucks (all free mind you)
Can get another 200 VBucks for finishing quests

Put me over 3000, with the llama being x2 for 500, can get roughly 12 llamas?

Should I spend or save

Do rewards match your power level at the moment, what do the rewards take into consideration?

Never mind, subreddit had the answer from the Community team
Can only buy 2, 500 VBucks each.

I'm gonna try to earn another 400 vbucks for that second troll llama. I have 1 more OD in stormwood, 3 in plankerton, and I am on canny OD1. I also have 3 quests to complete before the day changes. Shouldn't be too difficult to do an OD in each and 3 quests.

Maybe I'll get a jackpot. I haven't gotten one yet. I am due!

Gimmie legendary/epic/mythic heroes plx!

GraveRobberX

Both of mine turned out decent

Got 4 Legendary items

1 Outlander Hero
3 Weapons, an Assault, Shotty, and Sniper with real good stats!

Not bad, hoped to hit jackpot

Redshirt

Banned
Do these llamas cost 500? Didn't the previous troll llamas cost 1500?

Yeah. These are troll stash. Those were troll truck.

It seems based on drops people are getting that stash are basically 1/3 a truck so worth it.

Definitely going to buy my two later.

GraveRobberX

So there's a whole new barter trade economy popping up

See people trading Legendary Weapons for certain Mats
Gave this dude out of my 1000 or so nuts n bolts around 300, got fully built Legendary Gun, Epic Sword and another Legendary Crowbar
Fully 100℅

I mean 3 nice Weapons to use, even though I can create mine easily, but saves me the resources not to make at the moment

This is gonna get interesting...

Others can't farm, while you can and trade items and become a little overpowered quick

Then this dude helped me finish a mission recentky and dropped me 3 more Legendary guns

So 3 schematics of my very own, then 6-8 Legendary Weapons to use here and there

Time to farm!

darkwing

wow something like that happened to me a few weeks ago, someone in a mission asked if anyone can make a legendary weapon for him, I obliged and only asked for the required mats, he gave me a few extra resources also

Top Bottom