• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

panty

GTP_Daverytimes said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmjR8r7fWfw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Really puts to perspective how diffrent the two Nordschleife's are, Turn 10 didn't try at all. Sound goes to Forza 4 as always.
I prefer the sound of GT5. F4 sounds are just too over exaggerated, just look at that damn video.

Also these, taken from the F4 livery thread,

skyfinch said:
You guys aren't even playing fair anymore. Using real photos of cars then slapping the FM4 logo on it. What till Dan hears about this.
EteRnal_PAL said:
Some of these pics are photo realistic :O

What? There are more similar posts in the thread and I am stunned. I guess some of you folks haven't seen GT5, because the pics aren't near real life. over saturated, too bright, too much contrast, unnatural colors.

Ugh.

PantyPhantom said:
I prefer the sound of GT5. F4 sounds are just too over exaggerated, just look at that damn video.

Also these, taken from the F4 livery thread,

What? There are more similar posts in the thread and I am stunned. I guess some of you folks haven't seen GT5, because the pics aren't near real life. over saturated, too bright, too much contrast, unnatural colors.

Ugh.

Why are you so mad? Lurking in a topic for a game you don't own and then getting upset because people are thorougly enjoying the game of said topic, as well as the liveries and custom designs they are able to *gasp* create?

FYI, many people in that topic and the OT regularly talk about GT5, and compare things. To be so desperate as to pretend none of them have seen or played GT5 just because of your insecurities is just pathetic.

Wazzim

Banned
PantyPhantom said:
Ugh.
Uhm sorry but some do look very good in that thread, it's just that GT has an awesome photomode and has been out for much longer. GT5 screens didn't look as great as they do now at launch.

I agree with Xanadu btw, you can see the difference in every game.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Overall you can tell the diffrence but with a little shop you will be fooled.
The magic of photoshop can even make a real photo look like a game. :p

Xanadu said:
my design :D
And my screenshot!
btw @Dibbz I made that road look like that on purpose for a more artistic style but hey if you want to believe that are the most realistic settings then that's ok too
r57SC.gif
r57SC.gif

offshore

PantyPhantom said:
I prefer the sound of GT5.
This is an extraordinary sentence.

GT5 sounds awful. I used to turn off all the music in GT games so I could listen to the engine; now I just turn the music right up and the SFX right down as the sound in GT is simply appalling. It's not even debatable.

Wazzim

Banned
Pepto said:
Is this real life?
The shadows alone say no. (not saying F4 has better ones, just that it's obviously not close to a real pic)

My best GT photo and Forza photo thus far, resized to 720P because I don't have a bigshot of the Forza one.

nrburgring24h7cot.jpg

forza7nqz6.jpg

Both games look fantastic! (GT one is my wallpaper now btw, looks great)

test_account

XP-39C²
offshore said:
This is an extraordinary sentence.

GT5 sounds awful. I used to turn off all the music in GT games so I could listen to the engine; now I just turn the music right up and the SFX right down as the sound in GT is simply appalling. It's not even debatable.
He just said that he prefered the sound in GT5 though, not which game that sounds most realistic :)

I actually thought that was real life lol. Then I thought about how incredibly hard it would be to get a shot like that from real life.

I had no idea that backfire was a dynamic light. Insane.

Polyphony

Nah I don't think the backfire is a dynamic light. Quite positive that it was photoshop job. I was just trying to support Daverytime's idea that Xanadu could be tricked into thinking a photoshopped GT5 picture would be real.

Dibbz

Wazzim said:
And my screenshot!
btw @Dibbz I made that road look like that on purpose for a more artistic style but hey if you want to believe that are the most realistic settings then that's ok too
What do you mean? Do you do texturing for Turn10?

Dibbz

Wazzim said:
Exposure and shutter speed.
lol exposure and motion blur are not the problems with this screen shot. The fact that half the road is reflecting light and is super freakishly smooth yet the other half is like some sort of alien material that does not reflect light like tarmac at all.

forza15kfob.jpg

Wazzim

Banned
Dibbz said:
lol exposure and motion blur are not the problems with this screen shot. The fact that half the road is reflecting light and is super freakishly smooth yet the other half is like some sort of alien material that does not reflect light like tarmac at all.

forza15kfob.jpg
I took the screen lol, I know.

Dibbz

Wazzim said:
I took the screen lol, I know.
I know you took the screenshot, you already told me. My point is the texture work is rubbish on that track which is why I posted it. You saying you took the picture has no bearing on my point.

Wazzim

Banned
Dibbz said:
I know you took the screenshot, you already told me. My point is the texture work is rubbish on that track which is why I posted it. You saying you took the picture has no bearing on my point.
My point is that I know what made it look like that, I'll check it out when I wake up (2 am. CET now) and take a screen to compare.

Dibbz said:

If you had Forza 4 you would know texture work is the least of problems.

Judgeing a pic with excessive motion blur for texture work is probably the most idiotic thing.

TUROK

higherARC05 said:

Judgeing a pic with excessive motion blur for texture work is probably the most idiotic thing.
Don't waste your breath, apparently this guy has a reputation.

Arguing over who has the best bullshots. Great stuff.

Dibbz

higherARC05 said:

There is a bit more to a texture than just the diffuse map. The spec map is the problem here. It's no surprise really since Turn10 clearly do not put the time and effort in trying to replicate realistic materials for their game.

Wazzim

Banned
My little brother deleted my perfect photo settings when I was at work so this is a screen at default settings.
I hope this will clear up the questions some have at T10's texture work at the Suzuka (at sunrise) circuit.
forzabigshot13de8x.png

Wazzim

Banned
Calling them shit with those GT screens says enough about you mate, I've no problem taking screens in either game to compare but I don't know if it really matters when you keep taking such conclusions.
EDIT:smaller res screens too lol, at least make them 720P.
Playing with Forza's replay mode, it has some great camera views this time around:
forza3aeg9.gif

Dibbz

Wazzim said:
Calling them shit with those GT screens says enough about you mate, I've no problem taking screens in either game to compare but I don't know if it really matters when you keep taking such conclusions.
What don't you get? I posted a direct comparison to your Forza screenshot to show you how bad the Textures are in Forza yet you're still in denial. It's not even down to preferences. GT5's textures are more accurate. That is fact.

The spec map alone shows how little detail is put into Forza. How you can't see that is beyond me. It's right there in your own god damn screenshot.

Snubbers

Dibbz said:
GT5 Suzuka texture work
Wet
6286146960_bc691dde74_b.jpg

Sorry but Forza's textures are just shit on Suzuka.

Despite the awesome texture work PD do, this shot seems to rather negate it all, for a 'wet' track it looks rather sterile, and obviously you forgot to resize it even smaller to hide the stairway to heaven low-res water cloud effect around the car..

;)

Still, 'some' of the texture work PD do is excellent, as as 'some' of the tracks.. if only both games where 100% consistent, then comparing the worst of one to the best of the other wouldn't be so easy..

:)

How about the belief that average track/scenery detail/geometry is higher in FM?

gogogow

Snubbers said:
Despite the awesome texture work PD do, this shot seems to rather negate it all, for a 'wet' track it looks rather sterile, and obviously you forgot to resize it even smaller to hide the stairway to heaven low-res water cloud effect around the car..

;)

How about the belief that average track/scenery detail/geometry is higher in FM?
How about this one? Looks pretty damn good. I know Forza 4 doesn't have realtime weather racing, but does it have wet tracks? Can you post some for comparison?
6O2kx.jpg

Courtesy of bmxmitch from GTPlanet.

Snubbers

gogogow said:
How about this one? Looks pretty damn good. I know Forza 4 doesn't have realtime weather racing, but does it have wet tracks? Can you post some for comparison?

Courtesy of bmxmitch from GTPlanet.

Yeah, did you see the bit about 'consistency'..? ;)

(Nice pic btw!)

Top Bottom