• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

Diablohead said:
the forza image is badly saturated, it's not really a fair comparison when someone in france can't use photomode correctly.

It wasn't made for accurate comparaison, but the Forza pic was here to showcase photorealism attempt in Forza 4. GT5 pic was the challenger to this board war/competition (or return of the king, either way)

Dibbz

ShapeGSX said:
So long as you are on the right track.
Sorry but Forza 4 has incredibly crappy looking tracks to, so to say GT5 is the only game that suffers from some tracks looking worse is laughable.

forza15kfob.jpg

Yes, that is supposed to be tarmac on the right.

t58Z3.jpg

Aguirre

Dibbz said:
Sorry but Forza 4 has incredibly crappy looking tracks to, so to say GT5 is the only game that suffers from some tracks looking worse is laughable.

forza15kfob.jpg

t58Z3.jpg
i threw up a little

kazinova

Metalmurphy said:
GAF should take a better one.
Actually, someone should, that Forza pics is set too bright, the saturation and brightness vignetting on the GT5 pic was carefully tuned. The Forza pic is kind of poorly taken. Maybe on purpose? Or the taker was trying to match someone else's GT5 photo and didn't kow how to reproduce the same conditions.

I think there is a difference in how the games look, but NOT that much.

Edit: people in the F4 OT are figuring out photo settings that make the game look best slowly. Here's some great examples of the good looks you can get in F4:

YRwJN.jpg

trVdW.jpg

amar212

Yoritomo said:
What are the win conditions for this thread?

Is the only win condition to not shit up the official threads of either game?

Pretty much.

You should have seen both GT5:prologue and Forza 3 threads back in the days.

Damn it was glorious.

ShapeGSX said:
In that photo? Yes, that is all there is to it. Extreme motion blur blurs detail.
I was actually talking about the LFA comparison. Can you honestly tell me with the straight face that grass is just because of the motion blur?...

Go take a photo without the motion blur and the difference will still be monumental.

ShapeGSX said:
Yup. So does Forza 4.
Not even close.

But hey! There's always laguna seca.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Sorry Wax. SupercarChallenge has the best texture work ever!

Polyphony

Geometry wise, it looks like ass in comparison to London and Madrid, but I took some pictures in the photo thread and Tokyo's track-side texture was cleaner, although less varied perhaps.

Xanadu

Banned
Dibbz said:

forza15kfob.jpg

my design :D

Polyphony

forza10.jpg

6283015479_c27552d60a_b.jpg

I honestly didn't think GT5's in-game premium models would hold a candle to Forza 4's bajillion polygons models and full LOD swap in photo-mode, but GT is faring pretty well, wouldn't you think?

High LOD Forza 4 vs Premium in-game GT5. Now it's a fair comparison lol.

Edited: thanks Xanadu

ruttyboy

Seems to me there's some pretty clear rules if you're going for 'photorealistic'

Subdued color tones/saturation
Subdued lighting
For action shots a tiny amount of motion blur

But most importantly...

DON'T PICK A CAR WITH MATTE PLASTIC PARTS!

It seems to really jar on any photo, the metal, paint and glass shaders are great, but ugh, the plastic...

Also, if you're taking a picture in Forza, try to hide the wheels for the same reason.

Xanadu

Banned
Polyphony said:
http://pepto.kapsi.fi/forza4/forza10.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6041/6283015479_c27552d60a_b.jpg[/IMG

I honestly didn't think GT5's in-game premium models would hold a candle to Forza 4's bajillion polygons models and full LOD swap in photo-mode, but GT is faring pretty well, wouldn't you think?[/QUOTE]
forza 4 doesnt use the autovista model in photomode, just the normal high LOD

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
It's just the motion blur.
haha MM well played.

And yeah I'd rather PD compromise on the plastic barriers rather than the road. They'd have to be crazy to do it the other way round.

TUROK

Xun said:
This thread is even worse than the last time I was in here.
Which in turn makes it one of the best threads ever made. The insecurity in here is off the charts, and yes, I do have charts.

drifter444 said:
With the right photo settings you can take amazing picks in Forza 4.

6280963506_38f938423d_b.jpg

This picture is so good. One thing i want them to get rid of is the colored logo, it sort of ruins great pictures like this. They should do it GT style and manke the logo almost invisible.

Top Bottom