• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

it being forza has kind of burned me out really. I've played since the first one and put hundreds of hours into F6. I'm like high tier 10 in the forza rewards. I just want something more from these now than more cars and pretty rain. It'll look great on the X and I'll still get it then. They havent show shit about this game on older models.

I wish Forza was just more deep really. I'm loving F1 2017 for the actual races with practice, qualifying, regulations, and strategies that make things more fun. Forza just has never been about this stuff, probably never will.

I'm a series long fan aswell and admit that i too yearn for a deeper racing experience. I'd love for FM to have practice, quali and race(s) but don't think that'd appeal to the crowd Forza looks like it's trying to reach. This is a real shame and, like you, i go to other franchises for a better racing experience.

jediyoshi

qhZPx0V.png

M52B28

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohYkj8zXZvk&t

this video doesn't look too hot. Lighting and materials remind me old Forza days with that big bright/white spots in full sun.
Also, they could really do something about hands animations on wheel. From Forza 3 onwards they look slighty better with each new game but it's still far from anything good.
I saw that video. I guess you can say I'm a fan of the Forza series, but I'm not going to hold back saying that his looks like shit.

There is only one Forza Motorsport 7 Demo on the Windows 10 store for me, clicked it immediately only to get a message that it will now try to download it on my Xbox One. No PC demo for me (yet).
Edit: downloading on PC now.

Kei-

paused and restarted the DL, now It's calculating the size and shit.... still no network traffic through the task manager. Fuck the windows store.

Yea this got the download going for me

edit: Nvm, might have been premature. It says downloading but it's stuck at 891 KB, not actually going though

The demo is out on PC !

We're given the option to install it on XBox One also, from the Windows Store link. I'll try that once the PC version download is complete. BTW, I'm "downloading" the PC demo, but the progress bar (if there is one... can't tell for sure if there is) is not filling. Probably a case of too many horses at the same trough...

Sky87

paused and restarted the DL, now It's calculating the size and shit.... still no network traffic through the task manager. Fuck the windows store.

Need to give it time. I assume you're installing to HDD? It needs to cache the files, calculate size etc, similar to any other store.

I recently installed Nier Automata to HDD and it took a good 2 mins before it started actually downloading.

Need to give it time. I assume you're installing to HDD? It needs to cache the files, calculate size etc, similar to any other store.

I recently installed Nier Automata to HDD and it took a good 2 mins before it started actually downloading.

raid 0 ssds. it's been 10 minutes already.

Awesome. Downloading the demo now. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the Windows 10 Store pop-up that says something along the lines of "attempting to install on Xbox console, but it appears to be blocked"? My retired Xbox One S is no longer listed under my devices, so it shouldn't be happening, should it? Thanks!

KdotIX

Well looks like you need the latest Windows 10 update for the demo. Annoying as I've only got about 2GB left on my SSD. I actually need to reformat for the year ahead anyways, so this might give me a push. Downloading the XB1 version now.

Sky87

Actually sounds bugged out then. I wouldn't try anything drastic though as it might make things worse. Mine is downloading 5.37GB out of 22.88 at ~48Mb/s to a regular HDD. Started in less than a minute. I guess the servers are just coping with lots of simultaneous downloads.

EDIT: Make sure you're on build 15063.608 (check with searching for Winver.exe)

Okay, I found the XBox One version by searching "Forza 7 Demo' on the XBox one. It's downloading now and progressing at an average of 8.2 Mb/s, but at least it's moving... anxious to see it in action on both platforms, and I really don't care which one finishes first.

UPDATE: the PC version is now downloading at 85 Mb/s, so I'm on my way. I paused the XBox One version download to give the PC more bandwidth!

Doikor

Okay, I found the XBox One version by searching "Forza 7 Demo' on the XBox one. It's downloading now and progressing at an average of 8.2 Mb/s, but at least it's moving... anxious to see it in action on both platforms, and I really don't care which one finishes first.

UPDATE: the PC version is now downloading at 85 Mb/s, so I'm on my way. I paused the XBox One version download to give the PC more bandwidth!

Clicking pause/start enough and now downloading ~100Mb/s (so pretty much capped my fiber). If nothing else MS has great download servers.

Actually sounds bugged out then. I wouldn't try anything drastic though as it might make things worse. Mine is downloading 5.37GB out of 22.88 at ~48Mb/s to a regular HDD. Started in less than a minute. I guess the servers are just coping with lots of simultaneous downloads.

EDIT: Make sure you're on build 15063.608 (check with searching for Winver.exe)

Yeah im on that. Okay, it finally started. 80-110 Mb/s

ghibli99

it being forza has kind of burned me out really. I've played since the first one and put hundreds of hours into F6. I'm like high tier 10 in the forza rewards. I just want something more from these now than more cars and pretty rain. It'll look great on the X and I'll still get it then. They havent show shit about this game on older models.

I wish Forza was just more deep really. I'm loving F1 2017 for the actual races with practice, qualifying, regulations, and strategies that make things more fun. Forza just has never been about this stuff, probably never will.
Valid wants in your second paragraph, but I think you're in the minority. I put (I think) 40-60 hours into FM6 (I put way more time into 3 and 4, and even then I didn't make it all the way through either career). But I love the series and the improvements that each one brings to the table. The games just feel really good to play and are nicely balanced/spaced out with the Horizon series. Could it use more realism/hardcore mechanics? Sure, but I also think you run the risk of alienating a big part of your audience. I don't know if this series needs to become more niche like rally, AC, etc., as you can get that elsewhere. But could it be an option? If enough people want it, I'm sure it could be. :) And I'm sure it'll run/look great on standard XB1.

OrangeOak

I saw that video. I guess you can say I'm a fan of the Forza series, but I'm not going to hold back saying that his looks like shit.

This is why I would like Xbox One to be put to sleep already lol
There is no chance for it though so it is what it is. Game look great though on many other videos so maybe it won't be so bad!

Kei-

Paused and unpuased again after it got stuck at the 890 kb/s thing. Now it's actually downloading and i'm actually getting 250 Mb/s. Not even half of the gigabit speeds i'm supposed to get but it's much higher than Steam which for some reason only gives me about 5 MB/s

How fucking big will that file size be when we get the 4K update? Holy moly...

Anyway... I'll give the demo a try for sure! Can't really get into the serious Forza games normally, but I'm sure this'll be worth taking for a spin. If I like it I can play FM5 while I wait for a good sale.

Daffy Duck

Anyway... I'll give the demo a try for sure! Can't really get into the serious Forza games normally, but I'm sure this'll be worth taking for a spin. If I like it I can play FM5 while I wait for a good sale.

Think it's confirmed to be over 100Gb

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

has it not already the 4k assets on the PC demo? wtf

MouldyK

Wait wait wait....

M Rossi stands for Maria Rossi?

HOLY SHIT! This is Samus at the end of Metroid level of twist!

In previous ones, M Rossi was a guy according to bios.

So either daughter or sex change. Either is fine.

I'll still hit them
off the track in a truck of course.

In previous ones, M Rossi was a guy according to bios.

So either daughter or sex change. Either is fine.

I'll still hit them
off the track in a truck of course.

Who needs to hit Rossi when just driving behind them makes them zoom off the track most of the time.

Justinh

Game looks super nice to me. You can totally turn off the "press y to rewind" and the "brake/accelerattion" prompt messages before the first race. First thing I do in every Forza game is turn off those "Good Turn/Perfect Pass" popups anyways. I find those distracting.

I downloaded it on PC too, but I haven't tried that version out yet.

Top Bottom