• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Tsundere

Banned
8KAih6q.png

Wonder why they won't show 360 footage then.

bedlamite

New Horizon? And using the FM5 engine?

yup i'm there

don't care about this cross-gen business at all since it's 2 separate teams.

edit: Southern Europe? I want some Amalfi Coast-ish areas, plz thanks!

Sorry Project Beast beats most of XBO's line up to me. Also this will compete will Driveclub so its going to be interesting to see the graphical comparison between the two.

Driveclub is track based, though. Horizon 2 has to do a lot more with being open world.

velociraptor

Driveclub's coming out on a platform that was touted to be rather powerful/capable; we all know the XOne isn't so expectations are different.

30fps are never preferable but really, it's the XOne, you gotta be a fool expecting more from that machine.

wat

Kayant

I just view it as them wanting to make money via both consoles.

I mean again, are we really going to put Forza Horizon 2 in the same "system seller" category as Motorsport? Again, Forza Horizon is more niche even though it's of a more casual nature. It's similar to arcade sports games vs. sim sports games or (as I said before) Driveclub vs. Gran Turismo.

In both if those examples, do you think people will be more willing to get a new $400+ console for the first option or the second option? Should be pretty obvious that realistic sim games push more system sales on Xbox and Playstation than their arcade-y counterparts.

Yh you do have a point there. Since odd but good to see them supporting the X360.

HeliosT10

Is this how IGN First is going to work then? Every day you get a tiny little nibblet of information for a whole month? If so, then I don't like it. I want it all, and now preferably.

Not at all, we've got some really cool features planned that will provide more in-depth info than you'd normally get in a regular preview article.

We've got lots to tell you about the game and IGN First is going to be a great platform to get that mass of info out there to you.

Jburton

Banned
Lack of Xbox One install base causing more games to be made as cross gen?

I wonder if we will see this repeated with other games shown at E3 for Xbox One?

Wereroku

Driveclub is track based, though. Horizon 2 has to do a lot more with being open world.

Oh I know that I just mean its going to be interesting to see the Eurogamer article when they inevitably compare DC to FH2. I realize they are doing many different things but that's not what gets page views for articles.

Not at all, we've got some really cool features planned that will provide more in-depth info than you'd normally get in a regular preview article.

We've got lots to tell you about the game and IGN First is going to be a great platform to get that mass of info out there to you.

Hi Helios since they already confirmed the weather system can you confirm that it still has the Day Night cycle like FH1?

Aaron D.

Hope they have the same audio team putting the set list together.

H1's soundtrack was SICK.

** hugs Horizon Pulse **

Sure, but there is always that feeling when I play Titanfall...

Maybe the low player count is the 360s fault? Maybe more would have been better - and maybe the 360 couldn´t handle it, but somebody wanted the 360 version to match the XB1 version at least in this regard?

We´ll probably never know.

You're welcome to believe whatever you wish, but I have seen absolutely no evidence the player count was related to hardware power. The guys who created the biggest 6 vs 6 shooter franchise on the planet, just so happen to create another 6 vs 6 shooter. Surprise!

New Horizon? And using the FM5 engine?

yup i'm there

don't care about this cross-gen business at all since it's 2 separate teams.

edit: Southern Europe? I want some Amalfi Coast-ish areas, plz thanks!

Cross gen does hurt the game no matter if it's one developer or two.

nib95

Banned
Sounds good. I thought based on earlier concept art it was located in the Southern States of the US not Europe. Sort of rather it be in Europe anyway so the change is good.

On a side note, hopefully it's a highly adapted version of the Forza 5 engine, as technically and graphically speaking, F5's engine isn't exactly particularly forward thinking or advanced.

JaggedSac

Mountains everywhere in southern europe.

Also coastlines.

The vistas are going to be so friggen awesome in this game. Cannot wait to see it. Weather should add tremendously as well. Certainly interested to see how they are using the cloud compute stuff for the weather.

Kayant

True but the environments as we have seen are incredibly dense and it has great draw distance. It has more than the standard tracks we are used to seeing.

Sounds good.

I once drove from germany, across the alps, through italy, then it took over to corsica.

Souther europe is really, really pretty. I'm happy they chose it for their game. Even though the alps probably aren't south enough for the game :D

mikey1123

People want the 360 to be supported, but don't want xbox one games to suffer in quality from being cross-gen. What is microsoft to do??

Quixz

More excited for this than Drive Club and I don't own a bone.

Really enjoyed the first Horizon on the 360.

icespide

Banned
cross-gen games from third parties I can understand, but a cross-gen game from a first party just seems foolish.

they should only care about pushing hardware at this point

Wereroku

To be fair - this isn´t UBIsoft.

And if you are talking about the slight Forza 5 downgrade keep in mind that T10 were hitting a moving target back than.

It was a pretty big downgrade in some parts. But they did enhance others so I agree alot of that had to do with being a launch game. Hopefully using the F5 engine gives them more time to enhance the game without having to worry about the engine.

shandy706

Good deal...can't wait.

You're welcome to believe whatever you wish, but I have seen absolutely no evidence the player count was related to hardware power. The guys who created the biggest 6 vs 6 shooter franchise on the planet, just so happen to create another 6 vs 6 shooter. Surprise!

The silliest thing to me is, I can't imagine I would want more players as is. Each match is a clusterfuck of chaos. The game is built perfectly as is, as far as player count and map size. Now if the next one had double the size of players, I would expect at least twice as big of maps too.

Sendou

Sounds good. I thought based on earlier concept art it was located in the Southern States of the US not Europe. Sort of rather it be in Europe anyway so the change is good.

On a side note, hopefully it's a highly adapted version of the Forza 5 engine, as technically and graphically speaking, F5's engine isn't exactly particularly forward thinking or advanced.

Well at least Forza 5 runs at 60fps. I'll have that over any extra eye candy anyday.

nib95

Banned
Well at least Forza 5 runs at 60fps. I'll have that over any extra eye candy anyday.

Right….but Forza Horizon 2 will most likely be 30fps. So I guess this game will disappoint in that respect too. Unless [insert excuse here].

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose you also have a VHS player somewhere? How much support do you expect there?

Sometimes it´s time to move on.

I'm sorry, are you comparing VHS players from the 90s to the 360 which hundreds of millions of people still own and use? Just because you bought an Xbox One and don't use your 360 anymore doesn't mean anyone owes you anything. Companies need to make money, and if millions of people still play games on the 360 (hint: they do) then companies will continue to make games for the 360 (hint: they will).

Jeez, some of you act like the 360 should have been wiped off the face of the Earth as soon as the Xbox One was released.

How long do you expect Microsoft to support "you"?

You're living in the past. Progress happens.

You do realize I'm not the only person in the world who still uses his 360, right?

adelante

That may not be true, we don't know the full capabilities of the engine. It might very well be capable of graphical features such as dynamic lighting, but they decided to omit that from F5 to meet that 60fps target.

Top Bottom