• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Worth highlighting:

"Liveries and tuning will be a huge part of Horizon 2. You won't be stuck with default paint jobs."
The word "tuning" was used with the first Horizon even though it meant parts upgrades.

The logic used was that you tune to a particular track, not to an open world. Have things changed on that front?

For my part I was fine with upgraded parts because I just can't seem to compete with the tuners.

so, be sure to show up in them GAFmeets that we will be doing, and we'll hook you up with something decent ;)
I might have to take you up on that - your times are my brick walls in Forza rivals :)

I'd rather understand that dark art of it all, and I have done my research, but it just doesn't click. Nowadays I use some app to apply a base tune, and it does help, but I also wonder why the game doesn't just do that automatically on the player's behalf. Just the base tunes I mean, and maybe a slider to dial in some understeer or oversteer. Buying a tune on the marketplace feels like a random roll of the dice.

p3tran

Banned
game does automatically enough.
it upgrades your car automatically to any class you instruct it to, while keeping stuff as even/neutral as possible. from which point you can take over and finetune and/or change.
its a good system.

now I dont claim to be the end-all-be-all forza motorsport tuner ( :D ), but can say I have a pretty good understanding of basic things. its just too much to write down, so again anytime you want hit me up on live and we'll talk about it :)

EBreda

This isn't enough to tempt me at $399. Still need $299 for me to buy a kinectless xbone at this point.

I am a console graphics whore, I always have the top performing console. And IMO there's no way FH is going to be able to compete with #Driveclub visually for the fact that you are dealing with about 600 less gigaflops in power for the xbone (equivalent to two 360's duct taped on), and much less memory bandwidth.

So it's going to take something else to get me to spend another $399 plus $50.

Also the fact that a new Gran Tourismo is incoming, and that Project Cars on PS4 will use Morpheus.

I'm sure previous fans will love the game regardless though.

I feel ya brother! Gran Tourismo it is. Godspeed With extra 600 gigawatts.

JaggedSac

I feel ya brother! Gran Tourismo it is. Godspeed With extra 600 gigawatts.

doc-brown.jpg

Eusis

I feel this will need to be mentioned in the title of every thread going forward. Far too many people still think it's a cross gen title in the same way Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, etc were...
This is the kind of cross gen that's weirdly exciting, more like games that hit both NES and SNES, or Wii and 360/PS3. Less that the next gen version is a touched up version of the last gen game, and more that the last gen game is technically a different game based on the next gen title.

This is the kind of cross gen that's weirdly exciting, more like games that hit both NES and SNES, or Wii and 360/PS3. Less that the next gen version is a touched up version of the last gen game, and more that the last gen game is technically a different game based on the next gen title.

Yup it's definitely the way forward if developers/publishers insist on having a last gen version as well.

The question is, how many will be willing to spend the extra money to make it happen though?

This reminds me of when Ubi put out the Prince of Persia: Forbidden Sands game and branded EVERY game on every platform with the same name and covers, despite each experience being completely different (varying between some great, some terrible). Sounds like this might have benefitted from the 360 version having a tagline oppose to the "2" or something, or different boxart. Just to differentiate the two a little.

Reread the article alst night before I went to sleep and man, does this sound exciting. The stuff they talk about with light, christ.

Top Bottom