• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Kelsey

Banned
I'm glad we could get all the cross-gen stuff clarified today, now hopefully people can enjoy the rest of the preview coverage this week without that playing on their minds.

Roll on Tuesday! :D

Are you guys just sitting in your office today reading this thread and then shooting down all the concern trolls with your tweets? =)

It's working.

iu92LuxKgvnAj.gif
Glorious gif!
Never played the first horizon, I guess I should pick it up.

Gestault

Semantics really. I don't see how it's a "completely different" engine considering the minor improvements from Forza 4 to Forza 5.

I honestly can't tell if this is just stubbornness or someone who actually gets their knowledge of games from secondhand, echo-chamber style negativity rather than playing the games themselves.

Also I'll point out dismissing factual, meaningful developments as "semantics" while using semantics to try to distract from the basis of the conversation.

amar212

I stand corrected for engines and so looking forward experiencing X360 version, Sumo is a great choice!

Helios, will the X360 version support X360 wheels as FH1?

Sydle

I'm really excited for Horizon 2. Didn't expect the bonus of seeing trolls get shot down so quickly.

Thread delivers.

RetroStu

Banned
Anyone else noticed how this thread has suddenly slowed down traffic wise since that 'engine' tweet?, its pretty funny really and so transparent.

Spongebob

Banned
How do you like your crow steamed or fried

I fail to see how they're fundamentally different. FH's engine was a tweaked F4 engine, FH2 is using the F5 engine.

F5's engine isn't fundamentally different than F4's engine. The improvements are fairly minor.

Eusis

No 360 version is millions left on the table for someone else. I don't get why people find it so strange that Microsoft want to make money. I mean really.

Don't like it sure, but it's pretty straight forward why it is this way.
Short term goals versus long term goals. Short term is to make as much money as you can, which is to get more versions out if affordable. Long term plan is to get people to adopt a new, potentially more lucrative product, and try to goat them into moving there. This could be taken as implication that they don't see the long term goal as viable anymore, OR that there's better games to use that long term goal for such as Halo 5. Now that's a game that'd cause uproars being cross gen, and really might be a dumb move in the long run.

Though I think there's still that underlying factor of whether a game can be scaled down well or not, and while an open world game it IS all about racing, not getting out of the car and shooting or beating people up. Even those could work on older hardware, but it seems the likes of Arkham Knight needed the extra power to get the Batmobile in, at least in a manner that doesn't compromise the rest of the game I assume. But at best this is Batmobile: the game, and Drivatars aside most everything else is probably visual updates.

shandy706

Have to go buy more ammo...

null_zps9038e771.jpg

...BRB..

I fail to see how they're fundamentally different. FH's engine was a tweaked F4 engine, FH2 is using the F5 engine.

F5's engine isn't fundamentally different than F4's engine. The improvements are fairly minor.

It was completely built from the ground up (F5). They're very different...the physics were even redone from near scratch...with a whole new process and data group/center.

This one is going to blow your mind if you hate concern trolls.
There's no way it'll look better than DriveClub. I just can't fathom that possibility so my expectations are at something Forza 5 level but with more effects and actual AA.

But Horizon is an open world series, which means I'll end up putting a lot more time into it for that fact alone. Free roam driving in a world littered with closed off circuit races, rallies, and in-traffic street races is the perfect formula for me.

Wereroku

Damn kind of feel bad for DC. If it hadn't been delayed it wouldn't have had to go head to head with FH2. If the first preview videos of FH2 look better than what we've seen of DC, Rushy am cry.

FH2 is going to look great but I don't think it will beat DC just because of the open world vs closed course. Anyway I was wrong on the engines so good times either way. This is much more like the ps2 to 360 transition with games being called the same but being developed on completely different engines. Cool anyway I can't wait to see the new previews tomorrow.

theWB27

Damn kind of feel bad for DC. If it hadn't been delayed it wouldn't have had to go head to head with FH2. If the first preview videos of FH2 look better than what we've seen of DC, Rushy am cry.

What does one have to do with the other? If they were both multiplat...cool. But if one game looks better than the other, you can only get one game for one system.

FrankT

I wonder if the lighting and weather effects will take it down one notch to 30fps or two notches, sub 1080p as well.

Turn 10 managed to hit the top tier with major compromises. Should be an interesting comparison and particularly setting new features for Forza 6.

Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."

If nktrnl is anything to go by, which he has been right 9 out of 10.

So 1080p or last gen 720p.

Take your pick.

I'm glad we could get all the cross-gen stuff clarified today, now hopefully people can enjoy the rest of the preview coverage this week without that playing on their minds.

Roll on Tuesday! :D

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, there had better be snow. Seriously, snow or bust.

jem0208

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/games-forza-5-new-gen-racing

There’s no mistaking Greenawalt’s zeal for science as he discusses the all-new physics engine in “Forza Motorsport 5.” Turn 10 worked with Calspan, one of the world leaders in transportation and aerospace research and development, to make the game more realistic than ever. The focus of all that expertise? Tires.

The new physics engine impacts every facet of “Forza Motorsport 5.” The way your tires slip and grip, how the weight shifts affect your car’s handling, the interaction of the tires and the different track surface types

Mhm, mhm. Keep going.

see5harp

Take this man seriously. He owns Forza Horizon.

Does that mean no open wheeled cars for the 360 version/either or can they be done on Horizon's engine?

Was it ever a problem in Horizon or did they just want maintain parity between it and FM?

nampad

Is it bad that I am more excited for all the FH2/DC comparison drama in the fall then the actual game itself? To be fair, I don't own a Xbone yet but it surely is getting harder to resist.

Top Bottom