• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Rehosted:

iNN5Hd6WLbB6w.jpg

That light reminds me dude from 9
44036_ori.jpg

eso76

fuck you.

Looks like Amalfi long was missing from the last few Forzas for a reason.
That looks like positano/amalfi alright.

Fuck you Playground games. Fuck you forza franchise.
I'm jumping back in this year.

Well done guys, well fucking done.

GHG

Photomode or bullshots until I see it looking like that in-game. If it looks like that in-game then Microsoft are very close to selling me a Xbone.

Now where is PGR5?

isnt this open world?

Right? FH had score attack, P2P, closed circuit, 1v1 - everything that was in PGR. It might not be up to the same implementation and polish as it was in PGR4, sure, but all the hallmark PGr modes were in there in some fashion. It having an open world doesn't suddenly mean it isn't like PGR.

Arklite

Bullshot or not, have Forza games EVER come anywhere close to looking bad? This isn't an Ubisoft game, peopel.

Anti aliasing is what console games are always short on. Really hits image quality right in the balls, so no, games aren't literally ugly, just jaggie.

Vire

Horizon 1 wasn't particularly jaggy, so unless they forgo the 30 FPS for 60, I don't really see it being an aliased mess.

Hope they just stick to 30 FPS. Worked fine for the first game.

Only niggles with the original Horizon for me were the forgettable tracks and samey scenery, this is the Forza Horizon I wanted.

We were only saying a few weeks ago Horizon 2 should incorporate some of the fantasy circuits that didn't make it of to FM5.

eso76

Yea, but... how it looks in-game is another matter.

If they are using the same AA solution as FH1 in 1080 (or even 900p, i don't care) then IQ will be STELLAR and not far from these screenshots.

And i'm betting my
middle
nut that what we're seeing here is indeed tuscany and souther italy (amalfi) coast.
And if it isn't i don't care, because it looks like it anyway.

Feindflug

Anti aliasing is what console games are always short on. Really hits image quality right in the balls, so no, games aren't literally ugly, just jaggie.

Have you played Horizon? the game had 4xMSAA + dynamic FXAA which resulted in possibly the best IQ of last gen.

I think because Forza struggled mightily to look good at 60FPS and this game more properly competes with Driveclub imo. But I'm not sure it's safe to conclude that yet.

Horizon 2 is an open world game.

Top Bottom