• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

shinnn

Looks like a specific tire for rain? wondering how they will handle it.

01ntssj.jpg

Lego Boss

I for one am glad this x-gen. I was going to buy a PS4 for PCars in the autumn, but with FH2 coming to 360 I think I'll wait until the price drops in 2015 . . . .

derFeef

[Editor's Note: We can't reveal what Forza Horizon 2 looks like in motion just yet. Stay tuned for a teaser this Friday, and then we'll show you more of the game than you can handle next week during E3!]

:D

eso76

" From the foothills of the Alps, right down the Mediterranean Sea. From the rolling hills of Tuscany in Italy, across the border into France and beautiful Provence and the glamorous Côte d'Azur."

AW SHIT.

magnetic

Great news, and I´m happy it´s coming to 360 as well.

I´ve been playing the first Horizon very casually, just freely driving through Colorado and looking for these red signs to run over, evading traffic and taking pictures. It´s such a relaxing game.

[Editor's Note: We can't reveal what Forza Horizon 2 looks like in motion just yet. Stay tuned for a teaser this Friday, and then we'll show you more of the game than you can handle next week during E3!]
Sad.

eso76

But Playground wants to take that further, so the team has torn down the barriers that largely kept us from leaving the road in the original Forza Horizon. It’s this new philosophy that had us bouncing across a field in the race we described in the intro. Even from this single event it’s clear to us how dramatic a shift for the better this is compared to the original Horizon.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
its a nice article, worth reading - never mind the video, realistically you were never going to get proper footage before E3

Liked this part
Technical director Alan Roberts breezes through the ins-and-outs of a real-life optical phenomenon known as Rayleigh scattering, which is what causes both the vivid blue hue of the midday sky and the red and yellow tones of the sky at sunset. In a nutshell, the sky in Horizon 2 is blue because science dictates it, not because an artist glanced out a window and settled on the closest shade he or she could find.

“This now means that we can simulate the way that light interacts with particles in the atmosphere,” says Roberts. “We no longer have to have artists picking the colour of the sky from a colour picker; we can model the amount of particles in the atmosphere and the sky and the lighting reacts accordingly.”

“That’s how it works in real-life, and that’s exactly how it’s working here,” adds Penrose.

The pair go one step further, stripping away the particles from Horizon 2’s atmosphere. We can now see the stars (which Penrose assures us are also accurately modelled) because, as Taylor explains, “t’s like being on the moon or a planet without an atmosphere.”

and this

“What we’ve tried to do throughout the game, this is solo, this is online, is make sure that you can be as rewarded just for driving in a cool fashion, driving stylishly, as for coming first. If you can do both, then more power to you, but sometimes there’s real reward for coming in sixth but having driven a spectacular race, because it’s about spectacular driving as much as it is about efficient driving.”

sound like the sort of things the Driveclub devs were talking about. will be interesting to see both in action. As a racing game fan this Autumn will be great :D

Raide

“So that means that not only is the world of Forza Horizon 2 bigger than the one in Horizon, it also has three times more driveable area; a three-times bigger play space. Which means that you’re no longer constrained to the road. You can take the road, or you can hoon off it, through a fence. Through a vineyard. Through a deep forest or up a hill. Suddenly we’re really realising that sense of freedom that people feel is so important to Horizon.”

Nice. :D

i think i'm just gonna leave this here.
*horrible comparison*

The problem is that comparison is very poor, it's taking a high quality HD broadcast from J. Fallon compared to a highly compressed twitch feed which often loses texture detail, not to mention it's clearly less saturated and has poor blacks which could make the image look less detailed, and whats worse, LOD can load a different distances, so even with perfect footage, one could have LOD that hasn't fully loaded yet.

Overall just not a good idea to do, unless this topic was about Forza 5 before and after, and even in that topic this comparison is shaky at best.

klodeckel

Banned
But Playground wants to take that further, so the team has torn down the barriers that largely kept us from leaving the road in the original Forza Horizon. It’s this new philosophy that had us bouncing across a field in the race we described in the intro. Even from this single event it’s clear to us how dramatic a shift for the better this is compared to the original Horizon.
Fap fap fap

Top Bottom