• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

RawNuts

I posted this in another thread but I want to post it here as well and see if others agree.

I believe this to be the first 360 shot we've seen.

HRR-RICKY.jpg

I only believe this to be from the 360 version because the lighting and shadowing is far closer to that of the first Horizon (they're working with the same engine from the first Horizon for the 360 version, so I would expect similar lighting), there is significantly more aliasing, the track seems to be surrounded by more fences than anything we've seen yet , and there isn't any grass detail like we've seen in the Xbone media so far.

This all implies that the 360 version is going to be a very different game, and far closer to what we saw from the first Forza Horizon.

This shot is from here: https://www.hospitalrecords.com/newarrivals/hospital-records-radio-on-forza-horizon-2/
It may have been released in error.

arhra

That looks almost like it's just a shot of the first game upscaled to 1080p with the Horizon 2 HUD photoshopped onto it.

Especially since double-yellow lines as a lane separator like that is a US-only thing AFAIK. And I'd have to boot up the game to check, but that mountain looks very familiar.

Gestault

That looks almost like it's just a shot of the first game upscaled to 1080p with the Horizon 2 HUD photoshopped onto it.

Especially since double-yellow lines as a lane separator like that is a US-only thing AFAIK.

I had a similar feeling, having just finished a replay of Horizon. The environment looks pretty "Colorado" to me.

RawNuts

Especially since double-yellow lines as a lane separator like that is a US-only thing AFAIK. And I'd have to boot up the game to check, but that mountain looks very familiar.
That's a good observation; I feel like I can probably find this area in Horizon if I drove around looking for it.

It's odd for them to go to the trouble of making this image; being featured as a station in the game, I would think that they have access to more media than that. I mean, they seem to have access to the raw HUD assets even, so... why?

jem0208

Apparently, 'Keeno - Nocturne' will be the start song for Horizon 2.

Also London Elektricity & Chris Goss will be DJ for Hosipital Records Radio.

https://www.hospitalrecords.com/newarrivals/hospital-records-radio-on-forza-horizon-2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzXgEcB_MX8

That is a brilliant song to use. I can just imagine the opening shot of the game being of the sea with a Ferrari driving in the foreground with the chill part of the song playing. Then transitioning straight into you driving and racing at the drop.

This game is gunna be soooo good.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I posted this in another thread but I want to post it here as well and see if others agree.

I believe this to be the first 360 shot we've seen.

I only believe this to be from the 360 version because the lighting and shadowing is far closer to that of the first Horizon (they're working with the same engine from the first Horizon for the 360 version, so I would expect similar lighting), there is significantly more aliasing, the track seems to be surrounded by more fences than anything we've seen yet , and there isn't any grass detail like we've seen in the Xbone media so far.

This all implies that the 360 version is going to be a very different game, and far closer to what we saw from the first Forza Horizon.

This shot is from here: https://www.hospitalrecords.com/newarrivals/hospital-records-radio-on-forza-horizon-2/
It may have been released in error.

that is definitely horizon 1. weird.

It's odd for them to go to the trouble of making this image; being featured as a station in the game, I would think that they have access to more media than that. I mean, they seem to have access to the raw HUD assets even, so... why?

They're obviously pulling a TDU2 and including Colorado in addition to Europe.

It's most likely Horizon 1.

Hey guys sorry to invade the thread but quick question. I guess I'll see for myself with the demo on the 16th, but how similar is the driving/physics to a mainline Forza game. I've played most of the mainline Forza games, but for some reason they've never really grabbed me for whatever reason and I never go more than like halfway through haha. I'm actually pretty good at them too, but idk they bore me after about a week or two so they're not really a day-1 type purchase for me. I think I read that this is based on the same physics engine as Forza 5, which worries because I've never played Forza Horizon, but many have been comparing it to PGR which is my favorite racing series. So basically what I want to know is, is the feel of the game more like PGR or Forza Motorsport? Also, is most of the fun track based or is it messing around in the open world? Thanks in advance, If I do end up getting this game I'll definitely join the club.

p3tran

Banned
Hey guys sorry to invade the thread but quick question. I guess I'll see for myself with the demo on the 16th, but how similar is the driving/physics to a mainline Forza game. I've played most of the mainline Forza games, but for some reason they've never really grabbed me for whatever reason and I never go more than like halfway through haha. I'm actually pretty good at them too, but idk they bore me after about a week or two so they're not really a day-1 type purchase for me. I think I read that this is based on the same physics engine as Forza 5, which worries because I've never played Forza Horizon, but many have been comparing it to PGR which is my favorite racing series. So basically what I want to know is, is the feel of the game more like PGR or Forza Motorsport? Also, is most of the fun track based or is it messing around in the open world? Thanks in advance, If I do end up getting this game I'll definitely join the club.
game is all you want, and more. wait until 16th to download the demo, then if you have more q's you shoot

veidi

Hey Guys,

Where will you pre-order your FH2?

In Austria I already seen 3 different Pre-order-Boni:

Gamestop: 2008 Ferrari California
Mediamarkt: 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
Game3Game: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

I couldn´t find any Bonus on the Xbox One Store.
Who goes digital?

Curious which Cars are exclusiv in other countries.

HeliosT10 posted this on Twitter earlier.

"Later today we have something amazing to show you :) #ForzaHorizon2"

Shall we make dreadful guesses what this might be rather than wait?

My wild (and probably very wrong guess) the original area from Horizon 1 on the Horizon 2 disk for XB1.

veidi

WoW the last ~20 seconds are intense!
...and the Pagani Huarya start sounds and looked amazing!

Can´t wait =D

Seriously guys, I skipped Forza Horizon because I thought I would not enjoy it as much as I enjoy Sim Forzas, but I am pumped as hell for FH2!

I can't wait to get my hands on it, damn it, the wait is killing me.

Top Bottom