• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

Derp

cant imagine this is fun with a wheel. fh1 felt wrong with it and i assume (!) there is much more fun in fh2 with a controller.

got a wheel and fanatec pedals and wont even think for a second about hooking it up for that game. same for driveclub or nfs

my 50 cent
Ah, i see. Never played FH1 (never owned an Xbox console) so i'm not sure how it feels. But yes i think you'd be right anyway. It's an arcade racer after all.

jem0208

Ah, i see. Never played FH1 (never owned an Xbox console) so i'm not sure how it feels. But yes i think you'd be right anyway. It's an arcade racer after all.

It's not actually that arcadey. The driving feels quite similar to the Motorsport titles.

Novak

for me FH1 was great with Wireless Speed wheel.
hopefully they will release something like that for XB1.

I had a real wheel but I was too lazy to take it out and setup each day, so I would mostly play on controller. Speedwheel was good compromise.

Soundtrack doesn't look very good at all but it's relatively redeemed by Pixies - Debaser.

Still looking forward to the game like mad, though, the soundtrack is far and away the least important thing in a racing game.

cbox

I'm pretty sure there's a forza horizon booth at fanexpo here in Toronto this weekend. Wonder which build they'll be showing off.

Hubble

Soundtrack doesn't look very good at all but it's relatively redeemed by Pixies - Debaser.

Still looking forward to the game like mad, though, the soundtrack is far and away the least important thing in a racing game.

Did you play Forza Horizon? The music is one of the most important aspects of the game.

Did you play Forza Horizon? The music is one of the most important aspects of the game.
I played the shit out of Horizon 1, it's one of my favourite games ever. I hated the soundtrack and ended up muting it after about a week, just with the car sounds it was a hundred times better. Soundtrack was completely unnecessary and I had a better time without, I can't imagine it'll suddenly be important in the second game.

cbox

I played the shit out of Horizon 1, it's one of my favourite games ever. I hated the soundtrack and ended up muting it after about a week, just with the car sounds it was a hundred times better. Soundtrack was completely unnecessary and I had a better time without, I can't imagine it'll suddenly be important in the second game.

I'm with you on this, I never have music with any racing game, except gran turismo because the sounds were pathetic.

Though I did like the FH1 soundtrack, just not while racing.

klodeckel

Banned
Are the 360 and XBone versions the exact same besides the visuals?

Will be kind of two different games.

On 360 no weather and no drivatars. And I don't know about the online functionality. I think it will be more like FH1 with different cars and a different area.

steveovig

Will be kind of two different games.

On 360 no weather and no drivatars. And I don't know about the online functionality. I think it will be more like FH1 with different cars and a different area.

Tell me the 360 will still at least be open world similar to the original Horizon. I don't have an X-Box One and may never get one but I love the hell out of Horizon and the exploration and challenges.

Hip Hop

Tell me the 360 will still at least be open world similar to the original Horizon. I don't have an X-Box One and may never get one but I love the hell out of Horizon and the exploration and challenges.

I don't see why it wouldn't. It's not like the 360 can't suddenly do open world games anymore, plus that is what Forza Horizon is.

I'm assuming it will be the exact same game/map, minus a few differences regardless of it being made by a different dev.

Just like Titanfall was to the 360. Same game of the Xbox One version minus a few differences.

Seventy70

I wish Microsoft allowed last gen wheels to work on the Xbox One. I need something to play with my Thrustmaster t500rs and the only thing that's coming is Driveclub.

jem0208

I don't see why it wouldn't. It's not like the 360 can't suddenly do open world games anymore, plus that is what Forza Horizon is.

I'm assuming it will be the exact same game/map, minus a few differences regardless of it being made by a different dev.

Just like Titanfall was to the 360. Same game of the Xbox One version minus a few differences.
The 360 version is going to be pretty different iirc.

- The two games are running on different engines.

- no weather in the 360 version.

- no drivatars in the 360 version.

- I think I read that the 360 might have a slightly different world.

In a few of the interviews I've seen the devs have said they're different games but just based on the same themes and ideas with the same setting.

Krilekk

Banned
The most popular artist I recognize is Mozart. LOL Have never heard of everybody except from the classic channel. But I'm sure the music is great and I'm sure I will as always turn the radio off while racing. ;-)

Soooo Helios, PG sez Barn Finds are going to be cars never seen before in Forza, I've been asking for a Scion xB in Forza since literally the first game.

If a classic design xB is in one of the Horizon 2 barn finds, just slowly nod.

28 days til release.
iKRgTzB2Qvoo1.gif

Megasoum

Banned
I just want to be able to pre-order/pre-load on the Xbox... It's ridiculous to think that they wanted to make an all digital console and 1y after release they still don't have proper pre-order/pre-load except for 1 or 2 titles.

klodeckel

Banned
I just want to be able to pre-order/pre-load on the Xbox... It's ridiculous to think that they wanted to make an all digital console and 1y after release they still don't have proper pre-order/pre-load except for 1 or 2 titles.

All major titles probably will have Pre-Load in future - it started with Madden.

Forza Horizon 2 will go Gold around these days. It's too early for pre.loading that title. You will get a demo in a few days and I am sure a few days later the pre-load will be up, too.

Megasoum

Banned
All major titles probably will have Pre-Load in future - it started with Madden.

Forza Horizon 2 will go Gold around these days. It's too early for pre.loading that title. You will get a demo in a few days and I am sure a few days later the pre-load will be up, too.

Of course I'm not expecting to get a pre-load already but it's ridiculous you can't even buy it right now.

Top Bottom