• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Driving Social — Drivatars, 1000 player clubs, instant multiplayer

Amir0x

Banned
i'm not sure you know how legit whitta is. i for one bow to you ami and your near victory

Thanks for backing me, op. You're in my driving club, kid. It's a total honor, you understand. We'll be blazing saddles, brother.

I have no doubt that he is. in which case, he should join too. :pppPPp

You can be in the club too, but you gotta design me one decal. Like, with kitties on it.

Is this "open world" like Forza Horizon 1, where you couldn't actually drive off the road or explore off the beaten path?
Forza 1 was open road, with only a few small areas where you could go off-road - like the gold course and near the observatory - Forza 2 is fully open world.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is this "open world" like Forza Horizon 1, where you couldn't actually drive off the road or explore off the beaten path?

watch the vids. there is quite a bit of areas that you can drive off road now. playground puts it as (paraphrasing) "you can go offroad anywhere it makes sense to do so". so, there are guard rails in places, you cant drive everywhere, but it looks to have an entirely different feel then the first as far as freedom to roam goes and as far as race event variety goes as seen in the cross country race several posts above.

op_ivy

Thanks for backing me, op. You're in my driving club, kid. It's a total honor, you understand. We'll be blazing saddles, brother.

You can be in the club too, but you gotta design me one decal. Like, with kitties on it.

AUUyzgV.gif

op_ivy

i'm actually looking forward to tag and infected. the dedicated spaces look fun. brings back fond memories of OG xbox midtown madness. hopefully some of the spaces are in the cites as well.

Amir0x

Banned
You can join, but you'll be a grunt at first. You gotta bring coffee for op_ivy, he demanded an assistant. (he's a bit of a premadonna, but you'll get used to it.)

p3tran

Banned

tokens are out? thats good, I thought they made f5 look a bit cheap.

and what is this "Forward + Rendering"?
says its "a new system being used in the game - where the lights of a city at night dance dynamically off freshly dampened streets." ?
do they dance to bom-bom? :) I mean, more info please! and HD footage of said new system

Random thought because of that article, what did Ralph Fulton work on before he was a PG member? I feel that with his enthusiasm for making a great game that he was previously on the PGR team at Bizarre.

arhra

Random thought because of that article, what did Ralph Fulton work on before he was a PG member? I feel that with his enthusiasm for making a great game that he was previously on the PGR team at Bizarre.

He was from Codemasters. His linkedin lists GRID, DiRT2, and F1 2010, along with "several unannounced projects".

Spending a couple of hours exploring Forza Horizon 2's world, where Playground's pliant handling model and eclectic selection of cars make joyous sense of the open roads of the European countryside, it's more than rewarding. Horizon 2 is the worthy successor to racing greats such as Project Gotham Racing 4, and as it goes against Evolution's DriveClub and Ivory Tower's The Crew, it's hard not to see the Xbox One game emerging at the head of the pack.

Interesting. Very interesting.

arhra

Sorry, I dont really understand what that "cw" stands for (english is not my main language). Would it be 37 - 38 days from now?

I'm assuming "calendar week". Although that's a rather idiosyncratic way of specifying dates (the only place I usually see that kind of date is stuff like weekly sales charts and the like).

A quick check on google confirms that week 37/38 converts to mid-September-ish.

Positive xbox article. Just look at the comments. Wow.

I've learnt it's just best to avoid comment sections on gaming articles these days....it's for best.

Really looking forward to FH2 with the XB1 being my first MS console and having never played many racing games, can't wait!!!

Rosur

iWwErqzYV5XrH.png

No one's made the thread, that I've seen. I need it to be a thing, but I definitely don't have the free time to manage a list (hopefully) that size.

I'll be up for joining. Though not getting my Xbox One till October with Sunset... Hopefully not filled up by then :p

I don't know how I missed that video before but it actually addressed a couple of concerns I had with the game.

I'm glad to see that there is still somewhat dense traffic in some areas and also that there is long stretches of road where you can really go wide open. I was concerned that with resources going elsewhere they would cut back traffic because I love weaving through it from time to time.

Another thing, this is the first I really noticed that they have dashboard reflecting off the windscreen like Forza 5 (and others I supposed).

Top Bottom