• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

jesu

Well... Maybe I'm wrong but after doing 5 or 6 championships/road trips (can't remember how many now) I "discovered" all the regions on the map and now it was just letting me choose the next championship from the list.

The road trip keeps going round and round and you can pick a new championship at the start of each trip.
I've done 14 now, one more and then there is a finale.

zorbsie

After you locate all the XP and Fast Travel boards that are highlighted on the map, do more appear after a certain amount of time, or do I just need to get lucky and find them all on my own?

A lot of them won't get highlighted because they aren't close to the roads. You'll have to go looking for in fields and back alleys. Someone posted a map with all locations a few pages back. I used it to get my last couple of XP boards.

Megasoum

Banned
The road trip keeps going round and round and you can pick a new championship at the start of each trip.
I've done 14 now, one more and then there is a finale.

All right my bad. I must have skipped a menu by accident last night. Still though, it's kinda meaningless.

The "Rewards Overview" section of Forzamotorsport.net never loads for me. Anyone else having this issue? Everything else, including Redeem Rewards, seems to work fine.

TaKeRx

Hey Helios,

Is the multiplayer designed to where you can't see a friend's rim color/paintjob? Everytime we're in a room, the rim color reverts to its stock color.

Thanks

avelle

Neo Member
Dumb question. I have completed the bucket list but it says 15/30. Where are the other 15? Does that unlock at some point later in the game?

I have completed the first finale and working towards the second.

Grisby

Dumb question. I have completed the bucket list but it says 15/30. Where are the other 15? Does that unlock at some point later in the game?

I have completed the first finale and working towards the second.
You have to go into the menu and select the second list as your active bucket list.

A lot of them won't get highlighted because they aren't close to the roads. You'll have to go looking for in fields and back alleys. Someone posted a map with all locations a few pages back. I used it to get my last couple of XP boards.
What are XP and fast travel boards? Are these explained during the course of the game? I've seen them on the maps but I have no idea what they do.

Doffen

Helios, can I have this car in the game?

n5y3h7m.jpg

Please?

HaleStorm

Yes. However I've got the newest system update installed which - according to Turn 10 - includes a fix for these freezes.

I am part of the preview program and I did not start getting problems until after the 'fix' came out. Loading screen animations are not smooth, they are very jerky, and that is where I have frozen up 3-4 times now.

I am part of the preview program and I did not start getting problems until after the 'fix' came out. Loading screen animations are not smooth, they are very jerky, and that is where I have frozen up 3-4 times now.

I also had problems before the fix. Not much has changed for me.

derbene

Neo Member
Do I need to play Forza Motorsport 5 in order to create a Drivatar for Horizon 2? I'm playing the game for days now but apparently my Drivatar isn't showing up in the game for my friends. Is there a (console-)setting which has to enabled/disabled or do I need to drive more to create my Drivatar (I honestly cannot imagine cause I'm currently ~ level 70 in Horizon 2). Maybe Helios can clarify this.

Klocker

It definitely is if you want to play online - events there are grouped purely be performance class (with free choice of car class), so you'll want to be near the top of the band if possible.

Plus, upgrading/tuning can make a big difference to handling, which can make an event you were having difficulty with beatable. And, y'know, sometimes it can just be fun to upgrade the hell out of a car and turn it into a monster.

You're never forced into upgrading, though, just because the game suddenly wants you to have an A-class European AWD car from the 80s or whatever, which sometimes happened in the first game. They seem to have gone heavily into the whole idea of freedom, to the point that the game never actually forces you to do anything to progress (you could use the same car through the whole game and still get to the finale and "beat" the game).

On the other hand, that also means you're never stuck having to drive a muscle car from the 70s that handles like a barge unless you want to, which is a plus point for me (no offence to those who actually like those cars, they're just not my thing).

Exactly and I for one am glad they did... you can also go back and replay ever event with any car instead of being limited to the same class like fh1 in sp.

I like the not tying events to class, makes my garage more relevant as well because now I'm not filling it with all class cars I'm filling it with cars I want to drive and by event type cars.

I've found some pretty badly glitched geometry near San Giovanni. You can see where I am just at the start of the clip on the map.

http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...ster&vid=4e204132-17e4-4229-84d1-fad980cb3819

Uncollidable fence, floating fence (the one I bump into), and the building at the end of the clip has see-through areas. The identical building next to it has the same problem due to being the same model.

Nothing really major, I actually happened upon it by chance when I sped around the corner and hit another car, I went flying through the fence.

enewtabie

Just want to say this game is pretty damn good. I'm really enjoying it. Driving a 1995 ZR1 while listening to classical music is great.

Kalm

Does ANNA completely ignore "Yes" commands for anyone else?

Literally, she has never actually registered a "Yes" for me.

I've lived in Western Canada for most of my life and I say "Yes" like everyone else I know. I've enunciated, screamed and muted the radio/engine/tire sounds and my leftover Irish lilt...it still never works. I even tried "Yea, eh", thinking it was a localization issue. I'm 99.9% sure it's not me as I have to say "Yes" at least a couple times a day to shutdown the X1 and it always works flawlessly. My neighbours probably think I'm unhinged because all they hear is loud dubstep, tire squeals and me screaming "YES!!!" non-stop at 2am.

---

Also, why is it that just saying "Anna..." has (roughly) a 25% success rate...

...but "AnnaNearestBucketListChallengeYouSexyThing" works every damn time? Not even kidding.

Bessy67

Yay, just beat the championship and that race was awesome. It was way too easy though, as I beat the pro driveatars I was racing against by a full minute.

Chorazin

Yay, just beat the championship and that race was awesome. It was way too easy though, as I beat the pro driveatars I was racing against by a full minute.

Yeah, I had no problem crushing the
first
Horizon Finale as well. I chose Hot Hatchbacks and had fun, but I wish I had picked faster cars for more of a challenge.

Kalm

Helios, in the grand scheme of things, can you explain why such a high level cap was implemented? What does the player accomplish or get rewarded with?

Shot in the dark, but I imagine Dan Greenawalt shakes your hand and then gives you a Fleshlight and a Toyota Tercel.

Helios, can you confirm?

xbgamer

Banned
Check out my beautiful screenshots from the Xbox 360 version:

iblw8sGNrWysbz.jpg

iejOXA28dOjKk.jpg

ibjbjgxpLaLfU5.jpg

Why do people enjoy breaking the LOD presets?

I understand if you are trying to report a problem to a dev then that is commendable, but for just shits and giggles it makes no sense to me.

c0Zm1c

Why do people enjoy breaking the LOD presets?

I understand if you are trying to report a problem to a dev then that is commendable, but for just shits and giggles it makes no sense to me.
I'm not trolling, if that's what you're getting at. I'm just expressing - with pictures - my disappointment at the lack of effort put into the Xbox 360 version.

xbgamer

Banned
I'm not trolling, if that's what you're getting at. I'm just expressing - with pictures - my disappointment at the lack of effort put into the Xbox 360 version.
I didn't mean to a imply you were trolling, I just was thinking about people who like to break things for fun.

I guess it's because I am a designer and all my co-workers like the break my sites/apps.

c0Zm1c

I didn't mean to a imply you were trolling, I just was thinking about people who like to break things for fun.

I guess it's because I am a designer and all my co-workers like the break my sites/apps.
Well in that shot I was just driving over that patch of land, not trying to break the game: I guess the collision geometry must be lower than the render geometry at that spot?

Bessy67

Wtf. The one missing speed zone that I found on that map isn't in my game....

Edit: actually, none of them is. Do I need to win more championships or maybe they come with bucket list challenges?
I think those maps are just wrong. Maybe those are from the 360 version? I have speedtraps in places not shown on those pictures.

I mean look at this:
Forza-Horizon-2-Speed-Trap-Map-1.jpg

compared to this:
SasPj3f.jpg

Top one is completely missing Tenuta Montellino, the lake just stretches down further.

Top Bottom