• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

pelican

Unable to connect to any online sessions and the clubs tab remains unavailable - getting a bit pissed off.

My interent connection is lovely and fast, and my network is set up correctly with the XO showing "open nat".

Finished the Horizon Finale and that wasn't much fun. I think it would have been more exciting to have a Showdown-esque event at the end that's shorter but more exciting. Especially since I smashed into a wall at 98% and had four cars pass me. So that was fun doing it all over again.

I'm curious what the overall impression has been for the developers on cutting back the story stuff. I've had a great time with the game but the way progression was done I found to be severely lacking and more akin to a grind than feeling like I was moving forward. Part of that is due to the lack of variety when going through championships and the other part of that is there's no story hook or anything (like the bracelets actually unlocking new events in the first game). So instead you just are checking off championships one after another and the same canned phrases are used by Ben. When I beat the 15th championship he still said, "You're really starting to get people to take notice" or whatever it is that he says at the start of the game.

I didn't feel like I mattered.

Chorazin

Finished the Horizon Finale and that wasn't much fun. I think it would have been more exciting to have a Showdown-esque event at the end that's shorter but more exciting. Especially since I smashed into a wall at 98% and had four cars pass me. So that was fun doing it all over again.

I'm curious what the overall impression has been for the developers on cutting back the story stuff. I've had a great time with the game but the way progression was done I found to be severely lacking and more akin to a grind than feeling like I was moving forward. Part of that is due to the lack of variety when going through championships and the other part of that is there's no story hook or anything (like the bracelets actually unlocking new events in the first game). So instead you just are checking off championships one after another and the same canned phrases are used by Ben. When I beat the 15th championship he still said, "You're really starting to get people to take notice" or whatever it is that he says at the start of the game.

Why didn't you just rewind when you crashed? o_O

As for the "story" yeah, i totally agree. I really loved how the first Horizon was set up, this just feels kinda boring. I beat the first Finale and then they're like "Well...do it all again! Second Finale wooooo!"

I liked going after specific characters in the first game to with the goal of crushing them.

derFeef

It's funny when people say it's easy, I am having a hard time with Average Drivatar difficulty in the offroad championchip right now, a little frustrating even.

p3tran

Banned
I'm looking for an XP board near Sisteron and I simply can't find it. It's marked on the map but it's not there.
http://www.xboxclips.com/video.php?...hman&vid=5d5340d0-0a56-4ecd-a8b2-4520dda5cccd

It's not under the bridge either.

EDIT: Found it. I had to reload the game.

hehe, I think I know what happened, it has happened to me three times, only the last one it happened in front of me and then I understood it:

if you pass near a board, near enough that the board lights up for you in the map,
then it is very possible that ...a drivatar may well pass over it and break it.
in this case, you still see it marked in your map (because you havent got it), but it simply is not there in that session, because another man's drivatar already passed over it.

third time this ...disappearing happened to me, I was in close proximity and I could see the fucker driving over MY xp board!!! :D

if you start a new session, board will be up on its place, unless another drivatar rams it again before you do :)

shandy706

It's funny when people say it's easy, I am having a hard time with Average Drivatar difficulty in the offroad championchip right now, a little frustrating even.

Might have to do with the quality of our friends' Avatars.

Many of my friends are Forza 5/Horizon players. My competition is stiff at times.

Why didn't you just rewind when you crashed? o_O

As for the "story" yeah, i totally agree. I really loved how the first Horizon was set up, this just feels kinda boring. I beat the first Finale and then they're like "Well...do it all again! Second Finale wooooo!"

I liked going after specific characters in the first game to with the goal of crushing them.

I play without rewinds.

I was also bothered by the lack of rewards that went along with progression, too. Leveling is essentially inconsequential. It's a source of random amount of credits and cars you likely won't touch. But going from level 1 to 2 means just as much as level 99 to 100 and that's sort of silly. Why not have milestones with a couple perks? All XP boards on the map at level 50. All travel boards at 100. It's not like players that are hitting those levels haven't taken their time already to travel all over and see the world. Why not remove an element of frustration trying to find the last few missing boards and not make people feel like they're required to look beyond the game to guides online where they have to check off every board on a picture compared to their in-game map.

And completing Bucket Lists also gives nothing except an achievement. Even at the individual level it seems rewards are poorly planned with me getting more credits and XP on an easy challenge in two minutes vs. a hard challenge that took me three hours.

Despite my complaints I still think the game is a very solid 8/10. I really only complain because there's already so much good that's being said that I'd rather point out some things that could be improved for a sequel (or some things perhaps by patch, though not specifically the things in this post).

It's a great game but I think some aspects are very questionable. This is also the first year of the system being on the market so I'm sure some of it was getting their sea legs and the time crunch to be a big release for the latter part of the year.

derFeef

Might have to do with the quality of our friends' Avatars.

Many of my friends are Forza 5/Horizon players. My competition is stiff at times.

Most of the time its moments where I am at 2nd or 3rd place, trying to catch the 1st place but suddelny a pack of cars overtaking me just like that with no effort needed it seems, as if it's rubberbanding me.

I have been enjoying this game but it is frustrating too.

AI that is way too fast sometimes, I even changed the level to beginner and in two racers it was completely broken and they kept on pulling ahead. (I ma not sure if there is rubber banding but slower cars were keeping up/overtaking cars with a much higher top speed on straights).

Quite a big bug with the game is if you pass the finish line to the right or left you can't use rewind anymore. Not sure if that was a quick fix to a difficult problem but it made me do many races over. I was happy to redo racers but the AI got ridiculous forcing me to turn rewind on.

Also why am I forced to drive back to the festival when there isn't any point as all it does is sends you on a road trip to the next place. Spent a good hour probably in total driving around the same boring highway just to get back.

Then on one of the road trips it is literally just on the highway for 9 miles or something stupid. If I wanted to do that I would go get in my car and drive to Niagara Falls thanks. At least something is good at the end of that trip!

Oh and the Bowler challenge for people who are casual is stupidly designed. I know it says to go off road but the green line takes you completely the wrong way and it is just a waste of time it should actively tell you to find your own route.

Apart from that though great game and I am constantly impressed by the visuals and love the Orchestral station. I will be completing it before I let my XB1 go definitely.

hwalker84

Two photo's I took while messing around.

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Megasoum

Banned
Press&hold up on dpad - go straight to photo mode....
Mind blown.

Yeah, I wish you could remap the controls because the d-pad kinda sucks on the Trustmaster TX so most of the time, I end up changing radio stations instead of opening photomode.

Also you can't open the map directly or look behind when using the TX...bleh

Uff second crash, Car was sat at the Castelletto Hub after finishing a championship, checking some emails on PC and the game froze with a BUZZZZZZZZZZZ, like when you're listening to a CD and it gets stuck

I asked Ralph Fulton a few months ago about whether they'd be keeping the story (I hated it personally) in for FH2 and he said there was no point, as your rivals are the Drivatars.

Gestault

Two photo's I took while messing around.

I finally got that 15k billboard sitting on top of the crate last night. Bugger took more than a couple tries.

Unable to connect to any online sessions and the clubs tab remains unavailable - getting a bit pissed off.

My interent connection is lovely and fast, and my network is set up correctly with the XO showing "open nat".

It sounds like you need to play further to get access to it, rather than a technical issue. Same with getting access to car clubs. If you run through those first few championships, it's not very long at all.

BizzyBum

Anyone want to do the 10 road trips with friends achievement. All my friends are still playing Destiny. lol

Can also grind out the coop bucket lists.

GT is BizzyBum

klodeckel

Banned
Just had a couple of online roadtrip games with some randoms and friends ... Man. This game. This fucking game. I can not remember that I had so much fun in a videogame in a while. Drifting with my hippie VW bus and killing all those Lambos and Ferraris feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good!

I finally got that 15k billboard sitting on top of the crate last night. Bugger took more than a couple tries.

The easiest way to get that was to aim in the right direction heading off the ramp, then get a big run up and go full speed. You'll massively overshoot it, but then you can rewind now that you know how much speed to drop.

Stig94

Neo Member
Has anyone had an engine sound glitch where the sound sometimes disappears and the revs continue?

The sound catches up after a split second but it sounds really odd.

Yes. However I've got the newest system update installed which - according to Turn 10 - includes a fix for these freezes.

While the crashes are annoying, you kind of lose the right to complain about games' stability when you participate in a beta.

I have had zero crash issues, but I am not in the beta. The main reason I'm not in the beta is that I assume it will cause problems I would rather avoid.

I hope you submit bug reports so it will work well for me when it finally releases.

MisterNoisy

Are you driving a car with a lowered/upgraded but not tuned suspension in these things? If so, try running the same car with either a stock or even lifted suspension with softer damping - you'll do a lot better, since you'll spend more time applying power and less time bouncing over the irregular terrain.

BizzyBum

I found I got much better offroading when I wasn't spinning out on turns as much. I keep flicking my stick the opposite direction of the turn which allows you to straighten your car much quicker once you finish the turn.

jbug617

Banned
First car pack announced
http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-...ar-pack?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Today, we are announcing the details on the first Car Pack for Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One. The Mobil 1 Car Pack features six amazing cars to race, customize, and collect in the game. Whether you are looking for something rough and tumble, or an exquisite work of art, this pack has got something for you. In fact, the cars from the Mobil 1 Car Pack sound just as good as they look. From the rasping, burbling Jaguar F-Type R to the screaming 16v VW Scirocco, this pack features delights for the ears and eyes alike.

All the cars in the Mobil 1 Car Pack will be available on Tuesday, October 7, for $5.Players who own the Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass will be able to download the Mobil 1 Car Pack for free. This month, we are including a free additional car to the pack – the thunderous 1988 BMW M5 – which will be available to all Forza Horizon 2 players at no additional cost. Once purchased, all cars from the Mobil 1 Car Pack will be immediately available in Forza Horizon 2 at no additional in-game cost.

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2013 Renault Clio RS 200
1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
1957 Maserati 300 S
1988 BMW M5

arhra

Yeah. I've had drivatars troll me this way. I'm sure it's intentional.

Or just a side-effect of the fact that drivatar behaviours are based on actual player behaviours.

They mentioned stuff like being able to follow drivatars to barn finds and other collectibles in the prerelease promotional interviews and stuff, so drivatars hitting xp boards sounds like an unfortunate but inevitable drawback of those possibilities.

Kssio_Aug

I think those maps are just wrong. Maybe those are from the 360 version? I have speedtraps in places not shown on those pictures.

I mean look at this:
Forza-Horizon-2-Speed-Trap-Map-1.jpg

compared to this:
SasPj3f.jpg

Top one is completely missing Tenuta Montellino, the lake just stretches down further.

It seems different maps, yes. I guess youre right (top X360, bottom XB1).

A friend of mine cant even get past the 1st car meet at the beginning of the game as it keeps freezing.

All he can do at present is either drive around or go online.

Top Bottom