• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

I'm debating which version to get.

As someone who is not really a car person, just a fan of arcadey-type racing games, do you think the deluxe version makes sense? Is the ultimate version worth the extra moolah?
I'm getting the Ultimate, but not for any rational reason. Its just a wild purchase out of love and thanks that this series even exists, and at such a consistently high bar of quality at that. If I'm going to vote with my wallet I want to vote for this fucker twice, just to be sure ;p

And you know, the extra cars don't hurt either. With such a varied open world there should be fun to have with all manners of cars, as opposed to car packs you'd find with circuit racers that are all about laps on the tarmac.

Standard is absolutely fine. You won't miss out on anything and you can always pick and choose DLC piecemeal.

DirtyLarry

I'm debating which version to get.

As someone who is not really a car person, just a fan of arcadey-type racing games, do you think the deluxe version makes sense? Is the ultimate version worth the extra moolah?
I would describe myself as exactly the same way, I am definitely not a car person in real life however I love arcadey-type racing games. One of my absolute favorite genres in video games.

I purchased the Ultimate version myself. I always wind up picking up the VIP. I also always wind up getting the car pass. The 3 day early access was the deciding factor for myself. Normally it would not be, but I have a rare weekend to do what I want this weekend as my wife needs to study the whole weekend for an important exam she has on the 26th. I do not get a lot of time to play anything these days and since I have a very rare weekend to myself, I went for it.

So I would say if you can envision picking up those additional passes, why not do it. If you are not sure, hold off unless those 3 extra days are a big factor.

Cimarron

Just got finished with the demo.... Loved it! It kinda makes me want to go back and play a little Forza 5. But is it even worth it? I have heard that Forza 6 shits on it so much that you are better off just scooping 6. I also got the original Forza with games with gold. Is that still worth playing or should i just go all in with horizon 3?

Just got finished with the demo.... Loved it! It kinda makes me want to go back and play a little Forza 5. But is it even worth it? I have heard that Forza 6 shits on it so much that you are better off just scooping 6. I also got the original Forza with games with gold. Is that still worth playing or should i just go all in with horizon 3?

Six has all the content from five so you don't really need to go back.

The original Forza Horizon, you mean? If so, yeah, it's definitely worth playing.

The game holds up well, but the servers are still jacked last I checked. Not a deal-breaker but is frustrating.

What about deluxe? Is the VIP pack worth having, do you reckon? Sounds like more than just more cars.

If you're doubting it, probably not. Keep in mind that even people who don't buy the car packs get one free DLC car a month. And if there's ever a DLC car you just have to have, you can just pay the $5-$7 or whatever it is for that month.

AsianOni

The original Forza Horizon, you mean? If so, yeah, it's definitely worth playing.

The game holds up well, but the servers are still jacked last I checked. Not a deal-breaker but is frustrating.

If you're doubting it, probably not. Keep in mind that even people who don't buy the car packs get one free DLC car a month. And if there's ever a DLC car you just have to have, you can just pay the $5-$7 or whatever it is for that month.

I don't think this still holds, since the games on Xbox One.

danowat

Banned
I'm going standard, I really don't want to sling 80 notes at a game again, I've done it for FM and FH, and I don't think I'll be losing out on much on previous experience.

Servers have been fixed. I've been playing all weekend, restarted several times. No problems.

The free DLC car. I may be wrong but I don't remember seeing them since FM5.

Oh. Yeah. They still do it. You can see the freebies for FM5 here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/search/games?q=forza+motorsport+5&devicetype=xbox

Servers have been fixed. I've been playing all weekend, restarted several times. No problems.

Not sure, but I just checked (since I hadn't checked since Friday) and at least the Rivals and 1000 Club features are still down.

I feel like FM and GT should ditch real tracks for made up ones like they did back in the day.

Can't get excited for nordschleife, silverstone or yas marina anymore.

Really don't care for real world tracks

Same here. More 'fantasy tracks' would do the trick for me. Maple Valley ftw :D

TheKeyPit

Banned
Day before full release I imagine, I think the FM6 one didn't go up until the day before the full release though.......not the early access release.

Seems to becoming less and less fantasy tracks though, FM6 only had 2, where as FM4 had 10

The Ultimate Edition is a version of the game that can be bought by everyone. It's not locked behind anything special, like dancing in a monkey suit at midnight. The game releases for everyone with enough money in the wallet on the 23rd and that's when the OT should be up :)

The Standard Edition is a later access edition :p

danowat

Banned
The Ultimate Edition is a version of the game that can be bought by everyone. It's not locked behind anything special, like dancing in a monkey suit at midnight. The game releases for everyone with enough money in the wallet on the 23rd and that's when the OT should be up :)

That isn't what happened with FM6, but I don't know what the rules are tbh.

terrible

Banned
Not sure, but I just checked (since I hadn't checked since Friday) and at least the Rivals and 1000 Club features are still down.

1000 club is up for me but DLC pack cars don't work (VIP cars do for some reason) and Rivals are down. The Rally expansion works too for me luckily.

Lego Boss

Fucking A. We're going to have four days before we can post in the OT, unless it gets transferred across of course.

I agree. I think it would be stupid to not put it up when the Ultimate Edition is available. I am pretty sure the Forza 6 thread went up early.

Klocker

I just did a demo session where instead of picking up my car at the beach I turned off GPS voice and drove the Lamborghini all over the damned place at 200mph with no other cars on the road... freaking cool. They need to allow an option to turn off all traffic (no points awarded of course) damn I have always wanted to do that

deadfolk

I just did a demo session where instead of picking up my car at the beach I turned off GPS voice and drove the Lamborghini all over the damned place at 200mph with no other cars on the road... freaking cool. They need to allow an option to turn off all traffic (no points awarded of course) damn I have always wanted to do that

That's a great idea. I would love that.

Fuck, this is my chance to show off making an OT for a game I love, but I'm swamped with work this week. :/
After your amazing(!) ForzaGAF first-weekend gif, I'd love to see that. Maybe someone would be willing to have placeholder graphics and formating for the first 1-2 weeks before you have time again. I think it was the same with FrontierUK and Zorbsie for the FM6 thread. Danowat and me also had a kinda bad 458 banner for the Assetto Corsa OT for a few days until I had time to make a one that a game that I love so much deserves.

I've been playing the original Horizon online for the past week and it seems to be holding up well. Easy to find a lobby and games run really smooth. Either way, the game is superb, I'm well chuffed I've got it for free. Good business by Microsoft though, because that alone has convinced me to pre-order Horizon 3 when previously the game wasn't even on my radar.

RawNuts

After your amazing(!) ForzaGAF first-weekend gif, I'd love to see that. Maybe someone would be willing to have placeholder graphics and formating for the first 1-2 weeks before you have time again. I think it was the same with FrontierUK and Zorbsie for the FM6 thread. Danowat and me also had a kinda bad 458 banner for the Assetto Corsa OT for a few days until I had time to make a one that a game that I love so much deserves.
Fuck it, I'm in! If Rocketz can handle all of the information collection and write-up work, I'll be happy to find time to provide the eye candy.

Let's do this, Rocketz!
pHb82xtBPfqEg.gif

zorbsie

Fuck it, I'm in! If Rocketz can handle all of the information collection and write-up work, I'll be happy to find time to provide the eye candy.

Let's do this, Rocketz!

NICE! If you need images of specific things let me know and I'll send them over to you.

Top Bottom