• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

MouldyK

Wut? I wake up and apparently I got a refund for the Expansion Pack because I requested it...

...I never requested it at all...

Went on Xbox...can still play Expansion.

Should I be worried about a potential account breach or just see how this plays out?

How the Fuck do I unlock blizzard Mountain? I paid for this I should not have to grind to get it open. T internet said get three festival sites open, so I did and it's still locked any ideas??

Have you unlocked the Festival site in the Outback (top right desert)? This is the starting point for Blizzard Mountain.

ultrazilla

How the Fuck do I unlock blizzard Mountain? I paid for this I should not have to grind to get it open. T internet said get three festival sites open, so I did and it's still locked any ideas??

Yeah same issue. I guess I haven't grinded enough? I own the Ultimate Edition so just went ahead and bought the discounted expansion 2 pack pass. It says I own it but when I go to the Blizzard Mountain prompt area it doesn't do anything. I did dl the 2.9 gig update yesterday as well.

So is the problem I'm having along with others the fact that we haven't progressed far enough in the main game yet to unlock the freaking content we paid for?

Thanks for any help!

Evo X

Yeah same issue. I guess I haven't grinded enough? I own the Ultimate Edition so just went ahead and bought the discounted expansion 2 pack pass. It says I own it but when I go to the Blizzard Mountain prompt area it doesn't do anything. I did dl the 2.9 gig update yesterday as well.

So is the problem I'm having along with others the fact that we haven't progressed far enough in the main game yet to unlock the freaking content we paid for?

Thanks for any help!

It's not part of the patch. You have to separately search for and download Blizzard Mountain on either the Xbox or Windows Store depending on platform.

MilkyJoe

Have you unlocked the Festival site in the Outback (top right desert)? This is the starting point for Blizzard Mountain.

Top right desert? I've opened the festival above the airport, double opened it in fact.

It's not part of the patch. You have to separately search for and download Blizzard Mountain on either the Xbox or Windows Store depending on platform.

I have downloaded the expansion and it's locked saying I need to progress further, it's fecking daft, if you want me to grind then make it free or tell me what to do, I don't have time in my life for aimless grinding, 2 hours last night just completing races, a championship, an exhibition and numerous PR challenges, opened a third festival site and still Fuck all.

playXray

Top right desert? I've opened the festival above the airport, double opened it in fact.

I have downloaded the expansion and it's locked saying I need to progress further, it's fecking daft, if you want me to grind then make it free or tell me what to do, I don't have time in my life for aimless grinding, 2 hours last night just completing races, a championship, an exhibition and numerous PR challenges, opened a third festival site and still Fuck all.

Don't play Dark Souls! :p

fenners

Hmmm, I've bought the expansion pass, updated the game, go to Blizzard Mountain & it pops up the screen to say "Hey, want to install this?". I click ok, and nothing happens.

Very odd. :/

kazinova

Man, I don't need to play any Blizzard Mountain tonight. I got all the Blizzard Mountain action I could ever need on my way to work this morning...

zorbsie

So, can the Ken Block Focus be bought or won?

I think you win it after the last race. I bought one in the auction house for 1M.

I just unlocked the King Maker race, looks like a goliath size race. I am not disappoint. :)

Some pics from last night snow day.
screenshot-original08uxe.png

screenshot-originals3ul5.png

screenshot-originalcguua.png

Noobcraft

I think you win it after the last race. I bought one in the auction house for 1M.

I just unlocked the King Maker race, looks like a goliath size race. I am not disappoint. :)
Some of those co-op races we did yesterday were amazing lol. Starting at the peak in a foot or two of snow with a bunch of Datsuns and a couple Morgans was hilarious.

Dave_6

Nice, I'll just keep playing then. Not sure how many more races I have to unlock but looking forward to that King Maker race.

The Group B rally cars are so much fun in this expansion, but they always are regardless.

xrnzaaas

I'm liking the PR events in this expansion. So far the snow tuned Bowler was a perfect choice for everything except for drift events. :)

Made a small quick no edit video of me driftin my bmw around in dlc.
I was having a blast so thought share it with people who might be doubting to buy it.
I havent done much racing, im just building cars and slide around the snow.
Really diggin this dlc!!
https://youtu.be/6N47XswLneU

jesu

Nice, I'll just keep playing then. Not sure how many more races I have to unlock but looking forward to that King Maker race.

The Group B rally cars are so much fun in this expansion, but they always are regardless.

If you want to cheat you can get it for free in the DLC cars in the Auction House :)

What a rollercoaster yesterday. Wanted to do the Forzathon before seeing the midnight showing for Rogue One, except my NAT screwed me over and I kept getting disconnected from online matches....

Saw Rogue One and my mind was blown, was well worth the trip to the cinema at stupid o'clock. Got home tried multiple attempts to sort my connection and then finally managed to get in some races (this was about 5 in the morning) and managed to come in first in a sprint race with my Lamborghini Countach HE before finishing a drift event for 3 stars around 6 and then calling it a night. Good thing I booked today off work.....

*zonked*

Gestault

This expansion with the AI on higher difficulties plays awesome. I woke up early to get a few good hours just driving around the roadways in free-roam. There's a lot of variety for terrain and weather types.

zorbsie

Some of those co-op races we did yesterday were amazing lol. Starting at the peak in a foot or two of snow with a bunch of Datsuns and a couple Morgans was hilarious.

Too good. lol. We'll have to do some more after your move. I'm assuming the next couple of days will be crazy for you. :)

Haven't played FH3 for a while but this expansion is just marvellous. That first race... damn.

I just own a 1080p Panny without HDR and it must look fantastic on a 4K HDR set I imagine.

derFeef

Am I blind? How do I access the expansion? There is nothing on the map or messages or something. Bought the pass, downladed it and updated everything...

Hip Hop

Am I blind? How do I access the expansion? There is nothing on the map or messages or something. Bought the pass, downladed it and updated everything...
Have you made progress in the campaign of the base game? The airport area needs to be unlocked

Should be a giant icon on the airstrip in the top left of the map, Blizzard Mountain, that will take you there. If you updated the game may have to restart it for everything to be installed, I had to.

edit: oh yeah, you probably have to unlock the Outback festival area too since the airport is part of that.

derFeef

Have you made progress in the campaign of the base game? The airport area needs to be unlocked

Should be a giant icon on the airstrip in the top left of the map, Blizzard Mountain, that will take you there. If you updated the game may have to restart it for everything to be installed, I had to.

Yeah I have that unlocked and everything. Maybe it is connected to my achievement problem (0 achievements, 9 hours played)
Outback is the first one I unlocked.

Pyrogeek

Yeah I have that unlocked and everything. Maybe it is connected to my achievement problem (0 achievements, 9 hours played)
Outback is the first one I unlocked.

Were your achievements bugged and not triggering? There are a achievements that you can't avoid getting right at the start of the campaign. For example, the 'Welcome to Your Horizon' achievement is an automatic one just by arriving at the very first location at the start of the game.

derFeef

Were your achievements bugged and not triggering? There are a achievements that you can't avoid getting right at the start of the campaign.

Yeah I am still at 0% achievements. Started on PC, then played a bit on Xbox and still bugged. I mean I have 9 hours played...
I am really angry right now. I don't care about achievements but if I can't play the expansion because of that, or have to start over... then bye.

do you have a showcase event on your map? the game won't let you progress if you have one, they should be big giant icons that look like a boat, plane, etc

Gestault

Yeah I am still at 0% achievements. Started on PC, then played a bit on Xbox and still bugged. I mean I have 9 hours played...
I am really angry right now. I don't care about achievements but if I can't play the expansion because of that, or have to start over... then bye.

I'd be furious. Now have the expansion screenshots started showing on the loading screens for you? A few people thought theirs was bugged, but they had downloaded the expansion but didn't have the latest game update. I'm just trying to think of possible solutions.

derFeef

I'd be furious. Now have the expansion screenshots started showing on the loading screens for you? A few people thought theirs was bugged, but they had downloaded the expansion but didn't have the latest game update. I'm just trying to think of possible solutions.

Yes they were showing and I got excited.

do you have a showcase event on your map? the game won't let you progress if you have one, they should be big giant icons that look like a boat, plane, etc

I recently did the train one.

willbsn13

Yes they were showing and I got excited.

I recently did the train one.

There should be an icon on the map, assuming you downloaded the latest update & the seperate expansion.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm642536_Stuck-on-Buy-Now-screen-for-Blizzard-Mountain---Workaround.aspx

There's a work around for people having the buy now issue, if that's not the issue you're having try starting a thread on the support forums about it.

Sucks that you're having these issues man

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Looked back the past few pages but didn't see an answer, how big is the expansion's actual area?

Is there a lot of races?

Can you actually drive on the mountains?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Quick Question: I have the Ultimate Edition but how do I unlock the Warthog? I did the event with it but that apparently does not unlock it in the garage.

ParityBit

So I just started playing the game and on my new monitor, the right side looks like it has a line of pixelation. I do not see it in my Gears test. It is all along the right edge. I have no idea why, or how I can be sure it is only in the game.

I have a Predator X34

I just tried Doom and it looks normal (and freaking awesome) It is something with Forza

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I just started playing the game and on my new monitor, the right side looks like it has a line of pixelation. I do not see it in my Gears test. It is all along the right edge. I have no idea why, or how I can be sure it is only in the game.

I have a Predator X34

I just tried Doom and it looks normal (and freaking awesome) It is something with Forza

Switch MSAA off of 4x (any other setting like 8x or 2x or off). For whatever reason 4x gives that issue.

Blu10

I'm really enjoying the expansion. I really hope the showcase at the end is you racing an avalanche down the mountain.

Top Bottom