• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Once you unlock Club tab, go and search by typing GAF and it'll come up and request to join. The leader is Zorbs.

I joined too, there is about 950 members so that's cool. My Live name is Khamakhazee.

On a sidenote I didn't even complete 30% of the game and I already got to the end credits. Lots of stuff still to do, addicting as hell.

naitosan

I joined too, there is about 950 members so that's cool. My Live name is Khamakhazee.

On a sidenote I didn't even complete 30% of the game and I already got to the end credits. Lots of stuff still to do, addicting as hell.

I know right? Also very pretty looking to boot.

Alienfan

Im an idiot lol. I thought it was a standalone game, I had no idea "standalone" is now a term marketing uses to refer to DLC not included in season passes. Oh well, too late, guess I'll be picking up FH3 soon!!

Is it just me or does the fps drop during the blizzards (on console)?
I played through all the events and only have a few championships left, I noticed some framerate drops in coop campaign but never in singleplayer.

They added Tokens to the game; how long before someone complains about them?
To be fair: It takes more time to earn credits, even as VIP and the most expensive cars are more expensive than in FH2.

GlamFM

Banned
hit stuff while drifting

To perform a Sideswipe, take out any smashable object while drifting or e-brake drifting.

To perform a Drift Tap, you have to gently tap a solid object, like a wall or hard race barrier, with the back end of your car while drifting or e-brake drifting.

The real tricky one in Blizzard Mountain is Slingshot. For this, you have to draft a car ahead of you, then pass it fairly quickly (within a couple of seconds). Of all the skill targets in the expansion, that one's the hardest for me, and it's on a twisty downhill race. Took me nearly 10 times to do that and win the race on PRO difficulty.

Thanks!

Montresor

Yes! That's the one! And looks like it has a male lead on vocals, not female. That explains why I couldn't find this song. Going through the soundtrack I'd play the beginning of a song and be like "Ok clearly a male is singing at the beginning of this song so this isn't the right song". But in the middle of the song he sings with a much higher voice which is what fooled me.

Thanks!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can't unlock blizzard mountain. I bought it from the web store the day it released. Went to play today and it comes up 'install'. When I press A it checks the server and then shows me two tiles - blizzard mountain has 'purchased' under it, and next to it is the expansion pack which has purchased and a download icon (downward arrow). But I can't move to the right to select the expansion pack, I can only click through to the blizzard mountain which opens the store and tries to charge me £16.

I have already added the blizzard cars to my garage and it seems to know I own it. What can I do?

I'm in the club now! YAY!

So, uh... now what? ^^

Can't unlock blizzard mountain. I bought it from the web store the day it released. Went to play today and it comes up 'install'. When I press A it checks the server and then shows me two tiles - blizzard mountain has 'purchased' under it, and next to it is the expansion pack which has purchased and a download icon (downward arrow). But I can't move to the right to select the expansion pack, I can only click through to the blizzard mountain which opens the store and tries to charge me £16.

I have already added the blizzard cars to my garage and it seems to know I own it. What can I do?

Have you downloaded and installed Blizzard Mountain from the Store AND have you updated FH3?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm in the club now! YAY!

So, uh... now what? ^^

Have you downloaded and installed Blizzard Mountain from the Store AND have you updated FH3?

Managing the game doesn't show any updates. It shows the expansion pass is installed (10MB)but not blizzard mountain.

Edit: wait why is it now installing FH3 again? Under 'manage' I went to 'ready to install' which had nothing showing, but it had FH3 and 'see in store'. When I did that it went to the store page with an install button and now FH3 is downloading. Except I'd literally just been playing it for a couple of hours and it had the blizzard mountain video and loading screens so should have been updated.

Weird.

Managing the game doesn't show any updates. It shows the expansion pass is installed (10MB)but not blizzard mountain.

Edit: wait why is it now installing FH3 again? Under 'manage' I went to 'ready to install' which had nothing showing, but it had FH3 and 'see in store'. When I did that it went to the store page with an install button and now FH3 is downloading. Except I'd literally just been playing it for a couple of hours and it had the blizzard mountain video and loading screens so should have been updated.

Weird.

If you own the expansion pass, go to Blizzard Mountain in the store. It should say "owned" and you should be able to install it from there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you own the expansion pass, go to Blizzard Mountain in the store. It should say "owned" and you should be able to install it from there.

Web store checking purchase history has 'refund -£20.99' next to it, so I guess the purchase messed up? Trying to buy it again and will check my bank account just in case

ParityBit

So I have about $500K in cash. I have yet to buy a car or kit. How do people usually do this? I only picked up free download ones and when forced to get a vehicle.

And how does the whole auction thing work?

So I have about $500K in cash. I have yet to buy a car or kit. How do people usually do this? I only picked up free download ones and when forced to get a vehicle.

And how does the whole auction thing work?

make sure you are visiting forza rewards every week (resets on fridays), you get a variable amount of cash every week for every forza game based on your achieves/cars/etc
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

I get 275k/week from there and have tons of money. Like you I rarely buy cars, I bought the cars I own IRL and a few I wanted to check out but other than that I buy cars when I need to for an event, I buy cars during forzathon events when there are discounts on - like over the weekend there was 30% off on about a dozen offroad cars and I bought all the ones that were under 200k (i'm cheap still!). I still have 30+ cars I "own" via ultimate edition that I have yet to buy, I try to buy 2-3 a week but it always takes so long to go through setting up the paint job etc. Clicking on DLC cars from the main page lets you see which DLC cars you can get, they are "free" (once, after that you pay money) if they are part of a DLC pack you own.

Auctions are like ebay, you can search for specific cars or look at the rare/design/etc cars. place a bid or buyout, if you win you get the car. THe interface isn't that great and there tends to be heavy bid competition all times of the day on popular stuff so I rarely use it to be honest. The bottom right option lets you see cars that are horizon editions, which give you bonuses for xp/cash/skill/drift/etc and its useful to own one of each type of horizon event car, although tbh I rarely swap cars once I find a car I really, really like.

You can sell any car you own in the auction house, so stuff you win via spins or forzathon or whatever is a good way to raise money. It has minimum and maximum values so you can't really put it up at deep discounts or try to scam someone, although the max values tend to be insanely high i think.

zorbsie

Does anyone use the elite controller? If so, what are your button setup/trigger setup? I just got one ...

I only use the top two paddles on the back. I've got them set to left and right stick clicks. That way it's super easy to use the horn in game. Love the horns in this game, always makes me chuckle.

ParityBit

I only use the top two paddles on the back. I've got them set to left and right stick clicks. That way it's super easy to use the horn in game. Love the horns in this game, always makes me chuckle.

How do you set them? Do you set them in the windows 10 (Xbox One) app? I just got it, so I am trying to figure it out

zorbsie

How do you set them? Do you set them in the windows 10 (Xbox One) app? I just got it, so I am trying to figure it out

Use the Xbox Accessories app on windows 10. If you don't have it installed it's a quick download from the windows store. Load it up and it will see you're elite and take you through the steps. Pretty much the same process as on the console.

Had this weird bug where 2 drivatars shared a GT in a championship. I placed 1st in 4/5 matches, but I was tied at the end as the point standings for the clones accumulated on 1 of them.

bdiddy6

Neo Member
Hey all, long time (like, 6 years) lurker, just requested to join the group. B Diddy 6.

Love to get on there with some folks and rip it up! See you out there!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm a gamer who has my only racing game experiences as Gran Turismo. I bought all of them up to 6 and then got complete and total burnout and couldn't even play GT6 for more than 2 hours and dropped it completely.

But I do love open world games. Never played an open world racing game before. Will this offer a fresh enough experience to someone who had major Gran Turismo burnout to jump into this?

I'm a gamer who has my only racing game experiences as Gran Turismo. I bought all of them up to 6 and then got complete and total burnout and couldn't even play GT6 for more than 2 hours and dropped it completely.

But I do love open world games. Never played an open world racing game before. Will this offer a fresh enough experience to someone who had major Gran Turismo burnout to jump into this?

Yes.

Im pretty close to the end of my goal of unlocking all activities and racers and completing them all.

Now that I've hit this point I would quite like to go back and replay the races I didn't win. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a menu or ui indication on the map of what position I came in races? The activities such as the drift zones display that information but they work a bit differently from races which seem to gift you fans no matter how you do

Does anyone know a way to view previous race results? Would really appreciate the tip! I somewhat suspect it doesn't exist which would be a shame!

Another question (sorry), when starting a race I only tend to get the race options relevant to my car. Is there a way to view the other race options available and then choose the car at the point of the race? Again I suspect this isn't possible?

Im pretty close to the end of my goal of unlocking all activities and racers and completing them all.

Now that I've hit this point I would quite like to go back and replay the races I didn't win. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a menu or ui indication on the map of what position I came in races? The activities such as the drift zones display that information but they work a bit differently from races which seem to gift you fans no matter how you do

Does anyone know a way to view previous race results? Would really appreciate the tip! I somewhat suspect it doesn't exist which would be a shame!

Another question (sorry), when starting a race I only tend to get the race options relevant to my car. Is there a way to view the other race options available and then choose the car at the point of the race? Again I suspect this isn't possible?

Sadly the base game does not track whether you win the race or not, only completion matters.

For the 2nd question you can always set up a blueprint to use other vehicles.

Thanks guys! Shame but it is what it is.

As for Goty - it's certainly the most fun I have ever had with a racing game. I never played fh2 so im going to pick that up at some point too.

Im well over a day of gametime in and that's insane considering I still have stuff left to do and that's before considering the dlc

Noobcraft

I appreciate Blizzard Mountain for preparing me to drive on i90 in Montana. 50 MPH winds.

imag2160soo9a.jpg

It doesn't matter if you win races.

Best part of the game by far for me.

I can just put the difficulty at absolute maximum and enjoy some challenging battles with the AI and not worry about having to do the race 20x over until I finally win.

Winning at all cost should NEVER be a requirement in racing games. No race driver has ever won every single race in his career, this is not a reasonable objective.

I'd rather finish 90% of my races in the middle of the pack and edge out a win every once in a while than constantly getting boring easy wins.

Branson

I can just put the difficulty at absolute maximum and enjoy some challenging battles with the AI and not worry about having to do the race 20x over until I finally win.

Winning at all cost should NEVER be a requirement in racing games. No race driver has ever won every single race in his career, this is not a reasonable objective.

I'd rather finish 90% of my races in the middle of the pack and edge out a win every once in a while than constantly getting boring easy wins.

Preach, more racing games need this philosophy

xrnzaaas

Fyi in Blizzard Mountain they changed it a little bit. King of the Mountain races (they're a separate thing from the championships) encourage you to win, because you get only 1 star out of 3 for finishing the event (2 stars for winning and 3 for winning and completing an additional objective). And you need stars (also obtainable through PR events and bucket lists) to unlock more stuff.

Um, if i bought Blizzard Mountain on my XB1/gamertag, my son can still access it via his gamertag/account if it's on the same, family XB1 right? (ie: he uses my XBL gold and such)

Certinty

I think the career structure is great. Gives you freedom with tons of events to do whatever you want whenever.

The only issue is sometimes more linear progression like in the first game works best to feel like you're actually progressing towards something. But overall I would have to say the career is far better than the mess that was Forza Horizon 2's.

Anyway after playing Blizzard Mountain I have to say it's my GOTY and perhaps even my favourite racing game of all time, sorry PGR4.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Um, if i bought Blizzard Mountain on my XB1/gamertag, my son can still access it via his gamertag/account if it's on the same, family XB1 right? (ie: he uses my XBL gold and such)

It should work. I bought it and other people can access the DLC on our XB1 using their accounts.

SliChillax

I think the career structure is great. Gives you freedom with tons of events to do whatever you want whenever.

The only issue is sometimes more linear progression like in the first game works best to feel like you're actually progressing towards something. But overall I would have to say the career is far better than the mess that was Forza Horizon 2's.

Anyway after playing Blizzard Mountain I have to say it's my GOTY and perhaps even my favourite racing game of all time, sorry PGR4.

I hate the career. There is absolutely no challenge, game doesn't care if you win or don't. There is no progression system, nothing pushes me because everything can be bought or won immediately. Wish we had like exclusive cars to unlock by completing events or at least be rewarded with something special.

m23

I hate the career. There is absolutely no challenge, game doesn't care if you win or don't. There is no progression system, nothing pushes me because everything can be bought or won immediately. Wish we had like exclusive cars to unlock by completing events or at least be rewarded with something special.

Horizon 1 had it right.

So much this!

I mean this is why I would love to have something that tracked where I came in each race so I knew which ones to go back to at the end - but ultimately the reason im enjoying the game so much is because it isn't a crazy grind. Im playing - having fun - doing well in most of my races but any race I don't enjoy I can just move on from.

I just know there are a ton of tracks I would love to retry - for example maybe in a different car class but don't really have a way of knowing which ones to replay and retry

My dream solution would be a scrapbook that's essentially a menu outlining all 63 races in the game - the position you got and the car used with a quick option to retry there and then - being able to favorite tracks here to show them to friends or whatever would be amazing

Top Bottom