• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Spasm

We are, that's next on the agenda. I may ask some of you guys who are affected for emails so we can reach out to you for more info. This is what we did yesterday with some PC players and it obviously really helped.
I got and redeemed my code pretty early.
Then played the demo.
Then purchased Ultimate from the MS Store for that sweet $10gc.
3 days before early launch, I deleted the demo to make room for the preload.
Early launch, no Warthog. No Warthog DLC tile in my downloads when I Manage Game.
Can't re-redeem the code, says it's already used.
Can't find the DLC in my purchase history to try and re-download.

I got and redeemed my code pretty early.
Then played the demo.
Then purchased Ultimate from the MS Store for that sweet $10gc.
3 days before early launch, I deleted the demo to make room for the preload.
Early launch, no Warthog. No Warthog DLC tile in my downloads when I Manage Game.
Can't re-redeem the code, says it's already used.
Can't find the DLC in my purchase history to try and re-download.

Did you try managing the demo and seeing if it's there? It got attached to the demo for a bunch of people for some reason.

Strider

So horizon edition cars can only be gotten from wheel spins? Unless you buy someone else's from the auction house that is...?

And what all is different about them? Better driving stats oooor?

Spasm

Did you try managing the demo and seeing if it's there? It got attached to the demo for a bunch of people for some reason.
I deleted the demo before ever paying attention to the DLC tile. There's no way in hell I'm going to reinstall it... Afraid it'll screw something else up. :D

zorbsie

So horizon edition cars can only be gotten from wheel spins? Unless you buy someone else's from the auction house that is...?

Wheel spins or auctions yes. They have drift,skill or xp boosts on them. Very hand.

Dammit - been doing road discovery. And I've got all of them except one.

And I can't find the damn thing.

I've been pouring over the map and I can't see a single road, track, driveway etc. that I haven't lit.

I can see some friends have got all of them, so it is possible. But I just can't find my last undiscovered road.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Count me in as having problems with the dlc
stYbTEp.jpg

V6HcLxF.jpg

terrible

Banned
These Windows notifications telling me that someone beat my time in some race really isn't making it easier to not play this game all weekend.

Yes to the first bit, spins and auctions only.

As for the difference, they have a unique livery and tirewall lettering, their performance is much better (usually with a V12 swap and upgrades to S2 class) but you can usually upgrade the stock version to match. The real unique feature is that each has a bonus, for example some might get you extra XP while some give extra score for skills.

krpiper

The AI seems wonky? I did the first section in Byron Bay and didn't have much trouble (on "above average difficulty") and then I picked the outback for the second festival spot, and then picked the free car (the one you use in the bucket list in Byron Bay) and then it seems super difficult? Like right off the gate I am instantly in 12th, with seemingly no way to catch up. Is this a bug? Or just a matter of "git gud"?

TheKeyPit

Banned
The AI seems wonky? I did the first section in Byron Bay and didn't have much trouble (on "above average difficulty") and then I picked the outback for the second festival spot, and then picked the free car (the one you use in the bucket list in Byron Bay) and then it seems super difficult? Like right off the gate I am instantly in 12th, with seemingly no way to catch up. Is this a bug? Or just a matter of "git gud"?

It's somehow a mix of the difficulty setting + your car that leads to easy, gripping or hard races. I'm playing on "Pro" right now and I'm getting mixed results on that difficulty depending on my car and the race track.

jesu

Because it worked like that yesterday, jeez..

It's not been patched since yesterday so no, you are mistaken.

When you open a new location, they give you/make you buy an appropriate car.
That would be the car you were in when you went to the exhibition for the first time.

Think about the very first races you unlocked.
Whatever starter car you chose at the beginning works with those exhibitions.

LoveCake

I got my Halo Warthog code :D

The game looks and plays very nice indeed, however I am not 100% sure on the handling, well the acceleration and breaking, it seems slightly watered down and softer then Horizon 2 and MotorSport 6 ,it just seems to be lacking feel.

Count me in as having problems with the dlc
*IMAGES REMOVED*
Were you trying to enter the code or just click on the [Redeem] button, worked no problems for me.

Makikou

It's not been patched since yesterday so no, you are mistaken.

When you open a new location, they give you/make you buy an appropriate car.
That would be the car you were in when you went to the exhibition for the first time.

Well an offroad buggy is not an appropriate car for all asphalt sprint.

terrible

Banned
Why is there no shuffle with Groove? There doesn't even seem to be an easy way to just shuffle the order of my tracks in the Groove app before saving a playlist so I can't really even do that either unless I want to do it by hand which would take forever.

If I'm wrong please correct me. I hope I am wrong.

0racle

The club is open to all for the time being, so just search for GAF and join.

Great thanks !

I downloaded the Xbox beta app for Windows 10 last night to join the GAF club. Will this automatically update my Xbox one to display clubs? Or do I still need an invite from a member ?

I'm loving this game so far, but it's a bit buggy.

In addition to the fact that none of the DLC works on the PC version for me (or most people apparently), sometime yesterday auctions broke and every time I try to bid / buyout on something it says "bid failed" over and over. I tried this on like 20 different things to make sure i wasn't just too late.

The game is awesome though, so I'm just kind of working around the issues at the moment. I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

paischu

I found the barn east of the festival site in the outback and for the second time the game hangs while my character is checking out the car. Even after 3 minutes nothing happens. PC btw.

jesu

Well an offroad buggy is not an appropriate car for all asphalt sprint.

Well when you go to the outback for the first time they make you buy a buggy.
That's appropriate.

And every exhibition defaults to whichever car you are driving at the time.

Lego Boss

Have people really already completed this game?

What have you been doing all weekend LOL?

I just love cruising around, l want to do the events, but it's so beautiful, in design and content that l just can't help but drive and take in the sights.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I got my Halo Warthog code :D

The game looks and plays very nice indeed, however I am not 100% sure on the handling, well the acceleration and breaking, it seems slightly watered down and softer then Horizon 2 and MotorSport 6 ,it just seems to be lacking feel.

Were you trying to enter the code or just click on the [Redeem] button, worked no problems for me.
Since I redeem it when I got it it says already used

When do clubs open up? Just built my third festival site.

I think you have to have 3 festivals all at least level 2.

Have people really already completed this game?

What have you been doing all weekend LOL?

I just love cruising around, l want to do the events, but it's so beautiful, in design and content that l just can't help but drive and take in the sights.

Aye, I've only done about 10 events so far. Spent about 75% of my time just cruising around. It's a truly amazing racing game and genuine contender for best ever IMO!

Makikou

Just swap some street tires on it. Horizon is going to drive you crazy if you're a stickler for realism. lol

Well when you go to the outback for the first time they make you buy a buggy.
That's appropriate.

And every exhibition defaults to whichever car you are driving at the time.

Well I guess you guys just don't want to understand my point. For me it breaks the enjoyment of the game that blueprints wont populate and nothing can change that.

It's just stupid to say "well this feature ain't working but just play defaults. I do it so you should aswell"

deadfolk

What's the point of skill songs if the max skill bonus you can get in one chain is 3k? Like that's easy to hit, even for me, without it.

What am I missing?

Also, everyone having issues with the Warthog. That's weird. I never downloaded anything, never had to 'buy' it from the marketplace. It was just in my garage as soon as I had access.

What's the point of skill songs if the max skill bonus you can get in one chain is 3k? Like that's easy to hit, even for me, without it.

What am I missing?

Also, everyone having issues with the Warthog. That's weird. I never downloaded anything, never had to 'buy' it from the marketplace. It was just in my garage as soon as I had access.

Max of 3K? That's definitely not true considering a drift tap can get you 6,000 when fully upgraded and htat's just one skill.

I don't think there is a cap because during a skill song I can rack up about 7 perk points just driving down the Outback highway. If there is a cap it's MUCH higher than 3,000.

JordanKZ

On launch day, my game wasn't crashing that often on PC. Now I can't play for more than 20 minutes at a time. Seriously annoying.

Top Bottom