• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

terrible

Banned
You can change your horn. They should make it so we can make our own horn sound.

edit:

Those training wheels on the Regal are shameful. How embarrassing.

Theorry

anyone got a picture of the training wheels for the robin?
all the preview stuff has a locked 30, could be twitch.

untitledaos12.png

So if I'm really drawn to this game because of the world and the graphics (I'm a big sucker for cool, beautiful open worlds, no matter what genre) but I've only ever really played arcade racers in the past (Burnout, etc.) and have never really been able to get into more simmy racers, should I stay away?

dedhead54

So if I'm really drawn to this game because of the world and the graphics (I'm a big sucker for cool, beautiful open worlds, no matter what genre) but I've only ever really played arcade racers in the past (Burnout, etc.) and have never really been able to get into more simmy racers, should I stay away?

Horizon series is not particularly "simmy" unless you turn off assists.

louiedog

You'll probably like it. Horizon is fun in the way arcade racers are more than demanding perfect turns like the Forza Motorsport series. I like the world and music stuff enough that I probably only spend about 30% of my time racing. I mostly just like driving around quickly in great cars and enjoying the maps.

Give the demo a shot to get an idea. If you're on PC it'll be out after the game launches.

You'll probably like it. Horizon is fun in the way arcade racers are more than demanding perfect turns like the Forza Motorsport series. I like the world and music stuff enough that I probably only spend about 30% of my time racing. I mostly just like driving around quickly in great cars and enjoying the maps.

Give the demo a shot to get an idea. If you're on PC it'll be out after the game launches.
Awesome...I'll definitely check out the demo when it hits.

diggler41

I was in the same boat before Horizon 2. Only ever played Burnout Paradise and one of the NFS. I absolutely loved Horizon 2 and after selling my xbox once I played Quantum Break I totally just bought a XBONE-S for Horizon 3. The demo is fantastic. Ordered the 99.99 version off of Amazon. Excited!

psychotron

I went ahead and preorderd the digital ultimate edition from the MS store, but I can't preload the game. I can install VIP and the car packs, but it wants me to pay again for the actual game. Am I doing it wrong? Doesn't show under ready to install either.

Megasoum

Banned
Is SmartGlass still a thing on XB1 these days?

I'm looking at the XboxApp on my iPad while FH2 is running but I can't find anything in the app.

drotahorror

Thinking bout it some more. Kind of lame that only $100 edition purchasers get the Friday release. GAF goes nuts over fucked up shit like this but I guess FH3 gets a pass for some reason.

I'm kind of jealous but not, it's just not worth $40 to play it early for me.

To me, that seems like a legit good preorder incentive for anyone that purchases the game. That's a great incentive but not for $40 extra.

Eh, the early play bonus is a pretty small aspect of that extra $40. You're getting a $20 VIP pass and a $20+ season pass with it, the early access is just an extra bonus.

EDIT:
It's mostly a profit thing, but I think you can make some reasonable arguments that a limited launch can actually help suss out any major server issues or other problems.

RoKKeR

Thinking bout it some more. Kind of lame that only $100 edition purchasers get the Friday release. GAF goes nuts over fucked up shit like this but I guess FH3 gets a pass for some reason.

Not sure if "FH3 gets a pass", many games are doing it these days and I'd say many aren't exactly chuffed with it. Unfortunately it seems to be the "new normal".

Top Bottom