• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

I loved the demo except for the lack of vibration in rally races (and cars have too much grip there).
What im hating is the carlist, looks like its going to be around 160 cars, thats less than Forza 1 even and theres soo many good cars missing, i swear if they start releasing them as DLC i will not buy any of them and i will tell all the users i know that do exactly the same.
I have not problem with support good DLC and great contents at fair price but im not paying for balantly cutted contents.

Hey guys, any suggestions or ideas of what kind of paints would you like to see in Horizon? If you have any requests, ideas or suggestions please send me a private message with all the info and I would try to make it happen.

Cheers, HD

DD

This guy on flickr took some screenshots of the demo. Amazing how the game is almost free of aliasing. The IQ is superb!

8071711999_4055bf3845_b.jpg

8071708180_def74ff88c_b.jpg

8071714416_6703fa085d_b.jpg

8071710893_9219a4ca4d_b.jpg

8071719105_ae8f36e17f_b.jpg

8071709596_de7f50835a_b.jpg

8071716026_8e3bcb42f7_b.jpg

8071717473_ff8acea6d5_b.jpg

8071707036_6d789e8ac3_b.jpg

zorbsie

Crushed sounds like he kicked its ass. Or in other words finished it completely. Or maybe the last race was a real pain in the ass, what with all the rubber banding going on. Interested to see his thoughts either way.

Megasoum

Banned
Finally went to Futureshop for my pre-order!

I'm ready.

Now I just need to grab the demo next week when it goes free (I already tried it at work) to get the free car.

The Horizon LCE comes with "Day 1 DLC" and some special "LCE Liveries." Now I can't find information on these ANYWHERE! Does anyone know what these are?

zorbsie

I know I talked shit about not buying the LCE for this. But after the demo of the game I have to have the LCE for this. Playground needs to be rewarded for making a great racer right out of the gate.

The_Monk

My Local store just assured me that they will get the LE so I'm more relaxed now but still, will believe it when I see it.

Hope that info will come soon, almost there.

pax217

I've played the demo for about an hour now and I can't help but think to myself

"I already own Midnight Club on PS3, why do I need this?"

Some will call blasphemy for comparing it to MC, I know. Can someone please talk me into buying Horizon. I do want it, but my mind (connected to my wallet) doesn't allow me to justify it as of now.

Funny glitch happened to me today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3ZDX1Q7xI . I want that car :)

That's no glitch, it's the new Apple iCar. Just super shiny and of course, everyone wants it.

Shaneus

From only playing the demo, MCLA is definitely a lot more "open world" than Horizon. But, demo. Maybe the full game is better.

Megasoum

Banned
From only playing the demo, MCLA is definitely a lot more "open world" than Horizon. But, demo. Maybe the full game is better.

Oh yeah MCLA was more open world. It was one big city (à la GTA) instead of a big country side with some smaller city here and there.

MCLA was a ton of fun for a while but it got to a point where everything was almost impossible to do in the game. The difficulty ramp up was ridiculous and frustrating with all the traffic.

Other than that the game was great. Still probably the best police integration into a racing game. I loved listening to the radio chatter calling out the streets where you were turning and then seeing the view from the dashboard camera in the patrol car when it pull you over. You could wait for the police officer to walk toward your card and then speed off hahaha.

Shaneus

Yeah, agreed. I think they released a patch initially because it was too *easy*, so you might be able to delete that to continue... but yeah. Anyway, it's a shame R* San Diego haven't done anything since RDR. Particularly another MC.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm I'm looking at the gamepage on Xbox.com and I see a smartglass download. How does it work exactly?

I know it's supposed to be for tablet but can I use it on an iphone too?

I tried the demo, and it is not for me. Cars just don't feel like they do in Forza as I had hoped, and I am not feeling the rest either. Pity, but looks like plenty of other people are liking this game so no big loss.

DD

Look, I'm okay with them cutting the race cars. It really doesn't make sense in Forza Horizon. But there's some weird cut-offs, like the Aston Martin DBS, DB9, Virage, the Vantage and Vanquish. Where's the McLaren F1 (there's the race version but not the street one? WTF?!), and where's the Alfa Romeo Mi.To from Forza 4? Where's the Audis RS5, RS6 and Avant? Where's the old versions of the BMW M3 and 6? The M1? Where's the normal Bugatti Veyron? Citroen C4 and DS4? The old Vipers? The Ferrari Testarossa? Honda Civic 92? Only one Hyundai? Koenigssegg Agera? Maseratti Gransport? Mercedes SLK, SLR and SLS? Mitsubishi Lancer 2002 and 2004? Nissan R32? Pagani Zonda, Zonda Cinque and Huayra? Only one Peugeot?! Just two Rufs? One Saleen and one TVR? Two Subarus and Toyotas? The VWs? Some manufactors simply desapeared, like Holden and Opel.

I'm not the kind of guy that praise car quantity instead track quantity (it's the oposite, in fact), but seriously, if they try to sell these cars (that were in Forza 4 and now are absent in Horizon) via DLC, you guys listen to me: DON'T BUY IT.

I'll buy the game, yes, but I'll feel disrespected if I see this cars in DLC packs, and I'll consider the option of not buying any Forzas from then on...

Top Bottom