• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

Helios, has Dan started growing his beard again?

Please, inform him that his beard is the essence of his powers and that if shaven, his super abilities would wane and ultimately cease to exist. We can't afford for that to happen.

Thanks.

If he grows it to waist length maybe we can get daytime/night time cycles, dynamic weather, street circuts and open wheeler cars in the mainline series? Maybe even bikes if he brings it down to his feet. Right?

(Shut up and let me dream)

HeliosT10

Please, inform him that his beard is the essence of his powers and that if shaven, his super abilities would wane and ultimately cease to exist. We can't afford for that to happen.

Thanks.

I'm based in a different office from Dan so I'm afraid I can't give you a bang up to date report :)

Here's a vid of how it was looking when I last saw him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3bt4hoMEAQ

Shaneus

I only want the horizon CE for the tin, sad that I am paying £20 mark up from the regular game price just for that...

I do not expect the bonus cars to be worth it in the long run and the VIP is going to be lackluster I am calling it now, like forza 4's.
Thankfully, in Australia the LE can be had for around $10 over the RRP of the regular price (if you know where to look). That's probably the one I'll go for, and no more DLC after that (unless the December DLC is REALLY incredible).

eso76

Thanks.

by Fm5 launch he should look like this

zz_top.jpg

HeliosT10

Helios, I have a question for you.

Will FH have proper Fanatec wheel support? Forza 4 launched with some major issues when using the Fanatec wheels. I know that the first patch only created other issues instead of actually fixing it so I hope that Horizon will actually work this time...

No issues with Fanatec wheels have been reported during testing, but the demo due out next week will be supporting wheels so you'll have a chance to find out for yourself :)

Megasoum

Banned
Is there details anywhere on what we get exactly for having FM3 and FM4 saves? Do we need to have specific cars on those saves like with the previous bonuses or we simply need the save file on the HDD?

HeliosT10

Is there details anywhere on what we get exactly for having FM3 and FM4 saves? Do we need to have specific cars on those saves like with the previous bonuses or we simply need the save file on the HDD?

The number of free loyalty gift cars you receive is based on your driver level. So if you want to get as many free cars as possible in Forza Horizon, now's the time to get that FM3/FM4 disk into your Xbox 360 again :)

Megasoum

Banned
The number of free loyalty gift cars you receive is based on your driver level. So if you want to get as many free cars as possible in Forza Horizon, now's the time to get that FM3/FM4 disk into your Xbox 360 again :)

Ok cool but there's nothing like there was with FM4? If you had some specific cars in your FM3 saves they would give them to you right away in 4.

sneaky77

No issues with Fanatec wheels have been reported during testing, but the demo due out next week will be supporting wheels so you'll have a chance to find out for yourself :)

to be fair, no issues were reported before Forza 4 came out.. but they have not been any demos of Horizon with a wheel as far as I have been able to see.

HeliosT10

Ok cool but there's nothing like there was with FM4? If you had some specific cars in your FM3 saves they would give them to you right away in 4.

Can't go too much into specifics right now I'm afraid, but we'll release more info about the loyalty rewards before launch.

The_Monk

Can't go too much into specifics right now I'm afraid, but we'll release more info about the loyalty rewards before launch.

Hello Helios I'm on level 211 on Forza 4. Would you say it's a decent level for grabbing some Loyalty Rewards on Horizon?

If you can provide this info thanks in advance!

RaceManIak

Neo Member
That's because Forza 3 was better than Forza 4. =)

Hell Yeah ! Fm3 I played 1 year to get 1000/1000G (125h of racing)
Fm4 I stoped when I got level 50 after 1 month (18h of racing)

Horizon looks like a mix of TDU1 and Dirt2, two of my best racing games ever.

saladine1

Regarding car culture, I usually think of events that feature customized cars and stuff. Vehicles that have been modified to the shit house that includes things like custom interior, detailed engine bays, body mods..etc. Cultures such as Hot Rod, Rat Rod, Bosozoku, Kustom..etc. Ultimately, the cars are the stars of the show.

Now, I know Horizon features upgrades and customization, but I believe it's the same options we see from FM4 which to be honest, doesn't go far enough for a game like this imo.

I don't know how the car culture is in Britain, but down here we have something called Summernats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqM_L1D1KOI

Initially, when I first heard of Horizon, I immediately thought of Summernats with big V8's, Blowers poking through the bonnet, dyno shootouts, burnout comps, power skids, show n shine...wet t shirt contests...etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love Horizon's premise but I would've loved to see more emphasis on the actual cars themselves..

HeliosT10

Hello Helios I'm on level 211 on Forza 4. Would you say it's a decent level for grabbing some Loyalty Rewards on Horizon?

If you can provide this info thanks in advance!

Yes, I'd say you've done enough in Forza 4 to warrant getting a few loyalty cars in Forza Horizon :) lol

The graphics and the handling are far superior in Forza 4, but it's AI and career structure are way worse. =c
I like the career better in Forza 4 because of how it adapts more to your current car. The audio work in Forza 4 is incredible as well, and probably my favorite aspect of the game. Can't wait to hear those engines roaring again in Horizon.

The AI is a big problem though, made even worse by having such short races forcing the player to be more aggressive.

hard to say, it looks like the LCE's are getting worse and worse...

fyi, i pre-ordered the LCE the other day for Horizon

Hi, im not talking about LCE cheap stuff, im talking about 1:18 scale model like these, Forza deserves to have their own line too, i would kill for one of the blue Acura NSX on Forza 1 cover.

DSC_0531.jpg

170066.jpg

170065.jpg

Hey Helios, is there a chance that you guys gonna release OST for Horizon? The song list is very impressive, love the selection for Horizon Bass Arena. It got to be the best soundtrack I've seen in a racing game :D

Cheers, HD

Shaneus

Must be going for the WTF market segment.

Might as well just repurpose that Endangered Species ad. Makes more sense for an open world game than Forza 4 anyway.
That was a brilliant ad. Although in Horizon's context, electronic music without dubstep is the endangered species.

Edit: That ad would actually be perfect for Project Gotham game, not a Forza one.

Jac_Solar

Are you limited to the roads, or can you drive into the terrain? Open world certainly implies that you can.. But I doubt it.

If not, then the correct/more correct genre classification should be "very long track/many tracks in 1", as opposed to "open world".

Shaneus

Holy shit, Forza Horizon is actually a sponsor of the Bathurst 1000 this year (in Australia). Pretty big money behind that, I'd wager.

But they used that god-awful female KITT car ad :/ Gives absolutely no idea of what the game is like. Also doesn't help that there aren't any Australian cars in the game at all.

Grassy

Holy shit, Forza Horizon is actually a sponsor of the Bathurst 1000 this year (in Australia). Pretty big money behind that, I'd wager.

But they used that god-awful female KITT car ad :/ Gives absolutely no idea of what the game is like. Also doesn't help that there aren't any Australian cars in the game at all.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking, it's a terrible ad to be showing to promote the game when it shows no actual gameplay. I mean there's probably a few million people here watching the race on TV, it's really a lost opportunity.

The thing that really shits me off though is that Forza 3 and 4 both had presence at the last two Bathurst races in some form or another, with playable demos at the track, the Forza logo on the digital timing displays on TV and of course the inclusion of V8 Supercars in the games. So they obviously recognise the huge draw that is the Bathurst 1000 but they still refuse to put the goddamn track in the Forza Motorsport games...

Shaneus

Ugh, I know. I don't think they don't know about it... there must be some other reason for not including it. When companies like ISI and Slightly Mad can include it without issue, you have to wonder just why T10 doesn't. At all.

But man, possibly millions watching, but that ad shows absolutely fuck all. If I'd not known what the game was before hand, still wouldn't know. Just a 30sec edit of the intro/E3 trailer would've been perfect.

If thats the final car list im cancelling my pre-order, i wont stand more than 500 cars cut from Forza 4, theres some really nice cars cut from there like the EB110, Jaguar XJ220, Mclaren F1, Zonda Cinque and some of my favorites like the Celica GT4.

Jamesways

If thats the final car list im cancelling my pre-order, i wont stand more than 500 cars cut from Forza 4, theres some really nice cars cut from there like the EB110, Jaguar XJ220, Mclaren F1, Zonda Cinque and some of my favorites like the Celica GT4.

Don't worry, they'll all be in DLC packs, 560 points for 6 cars. One a month until fm5...

Top Bottom