• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon - Fall 2012 - Developed by PlayGround Games

derFeef

Pretty much this. Also all tracks I've seen so far seriously lack in design. There's nothing interesting on these roads, they're all forgettable. Criterion showed with Hot Pursuit how you do an open world right with lots of variety. And why is it so hard to just take the layout of existing race tracks and just change the setting to something more pleasing to the eye?

I find this Horizon more pleasing as I can cruise around and enjoy the vistas. I don't need city stuff and effects in my face all the time. Those two games are very different, though.

Ceej

Pretty torn here... I love racing games a lot. Pretty much everything from GRID, to NFS, and I really do love TDU. I've played Forza since #2 although I was never a gearhead. I preordered the LCE for the first time and am starting to think I shouldn't have. I haven't watched the vids yet but the $50 season pass and 30fps are really off-putting and it seems like it will be subpar. I can live without tuning, I'm just worried this won't be nearly as good as past entries differences aside.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The thing about that $50 pass is...if it were for Forza 5 or Gran Turismo 6, and included at least two new tracks, I would probably go for it, and be excited even. Simulation racers have a ton of replay value for me. I think I've easily spent over 200 hours in GT5.

But a $50 pass for an arcade racer? What were they thinking, seriously? Especially with the kind of tracks I've seen of the game so far...those don't seem very fun with any car, period. Though I'm sure there's more complex ones later in the game.

I feel bad for the devs because I know that's completely out of their hands. As far as I know it's the publisher's deal.

Anyways, I promise that's the last rant. :p

Shaneus

Out of all the things the ex-Codies guys took with them from their previous employer, it just HAD to be the piss filter, didn't it? :(

Nice, demo on October 9!
If this demo is in any way substantial I know what I'll be playing until Horizon releases. Borderlands 2 will finally have some competition.

I wonder if it will be open world but timed? Or just locked down to an event or two? You can never tell with open world game demos.

If this demo is in any way substantial I know what I'll be playing until Horizon releases. Borderlands 2 will finally have some competition.

I wonder if it will be open world but timed? Or just locked down to an event or two? You can never tell with open world game demos.

Burnout paradise did it well, gave you a medium sized chunk of roads with invisible walls and about 4 events, was great fun for a good week+

The_Monk

I don't usually try demos but I can't wait for this one to be honest. I know almost for sure I will like this game and play a lot but right now my only concern is:

Will I get the LE and if yes how much will it cost me? I have two stores that are waiting for Stock confirmation. If I don't get my beloved LE (to match my Forza4 LE) I might wait for a price drop since there won't be another incentive to play the game on release day (aside from Hype).

2 questions, is it confirmed that the Season Pass will be Cars Only like Forza 4? Who's making the OT| ?

Keep it positive fellow GAFfers!

I don't usually try demos but I can't wait for this one to be honest. I know almost for sure I will like this game and play a lot but right now my only concern is:

Will I get the LE and if yes how much will it cost me? I have two stores that are waiting for Stock confirmation. If I don't get my beloved LE (to match my Forza4 LE) I might wait for a price drop since there won't be another incentive to play the game on release day (aside from Hype).

2 questions, is it confirmed that the Season Pass will be Cars Only like Forza 4? Who's making the OT| ?

Keep it positive fellow GAFfers!
The season pass also includes the December expansion (which is why its a whopping $50), which we know is "major", and if you're expecting only cars "you'll be surprised".

sneaky77

I think is clear the expansion is more area to drive in. we just dont know how much and if it justifies the price.
also strange the car packs went from 10 to 6 cars

shinnn

Next week. Nice. Got a GTA vibe from this trailer.

iQWbfxFOU85aM.gif
i99s23KUgNHJU.gif

iEF1j41rPyP6t.gif
iws6chFubm8Oq.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
those gifs... hope we can get high enough to take stunning photos of the environments.

p3tran

Banned
graphics look very good, but it doesnt really matter, because an
Arcade racer from T10, sure beats all other arcade racers in my book.

I will see and judge DLC as it comes, not before. 17% discount for pre-buying the entire bunch does not constitute an irresistible offer
so, no 50$ pass for me, but I'm definitely there day 1.

And until 26th, come on fuckin' October 9!!

p.s.
Also I cannot seem to find a collectors edition to preorder in Greece. Why is that mr beard man?

Mascot

imo that would not justify the price tag
What can justify $50 DLC? Surely only content equal or better than the original game. Same number of cars as the retail launch, same size world as the retail launch, same number of events as the retail launch. We'll let the devs re-use the original game engine for free.

sneaky77

What can justify $50 DLC? Surely only content equal or better than the original game. Same number of cars as the retail launch, same size world as the retail launch, same number of events as the retail launch. We'll let the devs re-use the original game engine for free.
I was talking mostly about the expansion. if its just new events on the same area is not worth the 25 or 30 for the expansion itself

zorbsie

That launch trailer! So hyped for this game. Demo next week and full game in 3 weeks. I can't wait for this game. Looks like loads of fun and a nice brief departure from FM4.

shinnn

its a shame that car lights behind you don't cast shadows in the cockpit view.. its so good in shift2. Its a good trend for a better IQ though.

forzahorizon_launchtr6mc9h.png

shandy706

Hopefully that's the first track you race on, because jeez.

Why cant car games get the license plate right? It either ends up looking stupid (LIBERTY CITY license plate on every single car in GTAIV, gah) or dumb when the car removes them altogether (like in this case).

I like how Gran Turismo puts the car logo/manufacturer on the license plate. That should be standard for most simulation style games. Or just let us make our own license plate. :p

You mean like you can in Forza 4?

You can make completely custom plates (down to exact "state"/"country" plates) in Forza 4's Livery. Is the Livery in Horizons?

I need to read up on it.

Edit** It appears the Livery is in...now if it's the full Livery, then of course, custom plates (fully custom) are in.

BADNED

You mean like you can in Forza 4?

You can make completely custom plates (down to exact "state"/"country" plates) in Forza 4's Livery. Is the Livery in Horizons?

I need to read up on it.

Edit** It appears the Livery is in...now if it's the full Livery, then of course, custom plates (fully custom) are in.
You can import all your design groups like license plate designs from FM4 and paste them directly onto your Horizon cars in the editor.

shinnn

Demo details

In the demo, players will get a chance to experience the Colorado of “Forza Horizon”, driving a number of different cars across a variety of different event types – from Horizon Festival events taking place in the dusty, dirt roads of the upper hills – to a climactic street race that find players winding up, around, and over the fictional Finley Dam.

Several of the events in the “Forza Horizon” demo will automatically become Rivals Mode events after completing them, allowing “Forza” fans to compete against one another to set the fastest time. In addition, players will be able to drive and explore a section of the overall game map to get a feel for the kinds of open-road adventure that is featured in the full version of “Forza Horizon.”

Looks like a great demo.

Looks very impressive so far.

If Microsoft knew what was good for them they'd buy this studio before EA scoops them up and relegates them to run-of-the-mill Need for Speed spin offs.

Megasoum

Banned
Great to hear about the demo release date. Can't wait to try it.

Now I just need to get my hands on one of those 2$ for a month of XBL Gold promotion. Why does it always show up on the dashboard when you don't need it? lol.. I don't see any promotions right now.

Where did you pre-order paladin? zmart? todojuegos? i was looking to preorder the normal edition from zmart, they give you a ferrari 458 italia i think lol

Good to see someone else from Chile! . I preordered it on Zmart for the 458. Microplay gives you the SLS AMG so i guess Todojuegos will give you the Aston Martin Virage.

Pachinko

So this is pretty much a more arcade forza right ? closer to PGR or a typical need for speed title ?

I saw a bit of it at PAX and it looked great, didn't bother to actually play it though.

mujun

So this is pretty much a more arcade forza right ? closer to PGR or a typical need for speed title ?

I saw a bit of it at PAX and it looked great, didn't bother to actually play it though.

Similar to Test Drive Unlimited perhaps. Open world, Forza physics/handling with lots of races and activities all over one big area.

I have only just realised that there is a LE version and it's GAME.co.uk exclusive :S i'll still buy it so I can keep with owning every LE forza game outside of FM1 which did not have one in the UK.

Top Bottom