• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
cjelly said:
The Puma deal was worth it! :lol

che032.jpg

It's a Che facepalm, get it?

chespace said:
LCE/VIP details are not really a secret.

I give some info here a few posts down on this page of the thread:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/6/2924213/ShowThread.aspx
Cheers che that cleared the air a fair bit about the VIP stuff.

As for avatar clothhing, F3 is the only stuff I will ever buy just because I love the games enough to buy it, nearly brought that cog armour but decided not too when I was reminded how shit that game's netcode is.

Chrange

Banned
RSTEIN said:
*snip*

It's a Che facepalm, get it?

:lol :lol

Edit - Does anyone know if Canadian gamers can get the LCE? Even if we can, there's no Gamestop within 150 km of me, so if it's really Gamestop exclusive that kind of fucks me over.

frontieruk

Chespace from FM.net said:
Re: Limited edition "includes code for more cars and tracks"
Read my two posts above.

VIP comes with LCE. VIP gets you 5 awesome cars. VIP gets you a little icon that says you're VIP in the game and on the website. VIP gets you free cars/liveries/layer groups/tunes from Turn 10 when we're feeling generous, which is pretty much all the time.

VIP does not expire. VIP does not get you free FM3 DLC forever. Currently, the only way to get VIP membership is through the LCE. So go pick up the LCE if you want to be a VIP.

Think that covers all bases

Kryten

*makes a note to never visit the official forums again*

Where's the damn videos? It's Wednesday in some parts of the world already - holiday time is over!

eso76 said:
ferrari 458 italia is one ugly car.
i'm happy it's not in fm3

A couple of minor details bother me, but the overall design of the 458 looks much more cohesive than the F430, which was never much of a looker in my eyes: "Let's take a 360, fatten it up a bit, give it some goofy air intakes up front and then tack on some Enzo styling cues at the back." Lame.

I also wouldn't bet against the 458 not showing up in FM3, especially as DLC.

Also, F1 Monza GP this weekend. Any chance we'll finally see the epic Ferrari reveal around then?

Iknos

Saw this on FM.net...thread titled "Can layer groups be locked?"

Che responded:
Here's how liveries/layer groups work on auction house and storefront.

Everything is locked. If you did not create said livery or layer group, then it is locked for editing. You can of course use the design by putting it onto your cars or stamping layer groups onto cars, but once you do that, you can no longer sell or gift those cars because you are using designs on your car that you did not create.

Hope that clarifies. Let me know if you have any questions.

That sounds great. When it comes to the Auction house and UGC these guys thought of it all.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Also, F1 Monza GP this weekend. Any chance we'll finally see the epic Ferrari reveal around then?

Mmmm Monza. Yeah that would make sense...maybe you're onto something.

Che we didn't see much for track DLC in FM2...I assume that's because you guys were busy making FM3 and it made more sense making new tracks for FM3.

But can we expect more track DLC this time around? Will there be more of a DLC commitment for this game?

dejay

Banned
Iknos said:
Che we didn't see much for track DLC in FM2...I assume that's because you guys were busy making FM3 and it made more sense making new tracks for FM3.

But can we expect more track DLC this time around? Will there be more of a DLC commitment for this game?

I guess that depends if there's a commitment from fans to buy DLC. If they release a couple of tracks and they sell well I'd presume they'd make more. All that, of course, depends on how well the actual games sells as well.

Falagard

blanky said:
Giantbomb video of PAX demo is up Giantbomb nothing really new though. It does show the internet lobby and a different ribbon of an already announced track.

Yeah, the multiplayer lobby information was new and sounds great.

The public matchmaking takes an approach similar to Halo, with a hopper system where you choose a car class and go, with no explicit "I want to host a game" versus "I want to join a game", a voting system for kicking players and choosing maps instead of the host having full control.

Alternatively you can create a private game that is almost exactly like Forza 2, but with even more customization options such as having two different groups of players in different car classes racing at the same time on the same track but with separate scoring, and with offset start times. For example, the D class cars get a head start on the A class cars.

dejay

Banned
Some of that lobby system stuff is new to me and looks really cool. I'd love to race stock Fiestas against Veyrons and give the Fiestas a two lap head start :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
dejay said:
Some of that lobby system stuff is new to me and looks really cool. I'd love to race stock Fiestas against Veyrons and give the Fiestas a two lap head start :lol

:lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
dejay said:

You might win a two lap race.

Chrange

Banned
The rollover in that GiantBomb video looked pretty weak, with the car rolling the wrong way from the impact and didn't really seem to have any impact. Hopefully just a one-off physics blip.

Anyone know if the LCE is available in Canada? You can't pre-order from the Canadian website, so I can't tell if it's even available.

Tbigum

Neo Member
So the Giant Bomb video shows some new cars.

Ferrari #71 F430GT
BMW Z4M
Buick Regal 87 GNX
Dodge ViperCC
Mercedes-Benz A200 Turbo
Opel Speedster
Toyota AE86
Nissan 71 GT-R
Volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI

And on xbox.com it says that you can drive the Ferrari FXX :)

Got to agree with what was posted above. The rollover in the giantbomb video looked awful, like a pre-canned animation. Let's hope it was just a blip, as I don't want my car flipping out in weird ways whenever I might get a sniff of a barrier.

Also, no rearview mirror still with the bonnet cam? That is a huge disappointment if so.

Saiyu

Falagard said:
Alternatively you can create a private game that is almost exactly like Forza 2, but with even more customization options such as having two different groups of players in different car classes racing at the same time on the same track but with separate scoring, and with offset start times. For example, the D class cars get a head start on the A class cars.

There's the Nurb and La Sarthe sorted then.

eso76

state_vector_collapse said:
Got to agree with what was posted above. The rollover in the giantbomb video looked awful, like a pre-canned animation. Let's hope it was just a blip, as I don't want my car flipping out in weird ways whenever I might get a sniff of a barrier.

Did the car rollover ? i thought it was just the cameraman shaking :p
Seriously, lets buy giantbomb a tripod.

Anyway that indeed didn't look too good, unlike the rest of the video which is amazing.
I liked the pieces flying everywhere though, i'm guessing the weirdness of the rollover had something to do with the invisible trackside barriers and i really hope the guy just wanted to demonstrate rollovers and just hit the 'rollover' button present in the debug version (Dan Himself did it once, his car was sitting in the middle of the road, he just reached for a button somewhere and the car flipped just like that, all by itself).

There's VERY VERY few instances in fm2 where you'd expect your car to flip but its brought back to the ground by the 'no rollover' rule, and i hope the game stays like that, using rollovers only when 'needed'.

Impressions i've read from diehard fm2 fans claim physics have improved greatly, cars feel heavier and much more connected to the ground than before, if anything, so i'm not worrying.

eso76 said:
Impressions i've read from diehard fm2 fans claim physics have improved greatly, cars feel heavier and much more connected to the ground than before, if anything, so i'm not worrying.
That's one thing I've noticed in virtually every preview. Everyone seems to say something about how good the cars feel this time around.

SpectraSoul said:
Everyone apart from Top Gear that is. ;)
They say this:

When things go a bit pear-shaped, the impacts feel nice and solid. But strangely enough, when things are going smoothly, it can feel a bit too, well, smooth. It almost feels like you're driving some kind of magic carpet, hovering just above the track itself. A real feeling of movement and feedback is difficult for a game to accurately create, admittedly, but we couldn't help but feel slightly detached.
Given the context it's mentioned in, it's clear that they just want a little more feedback on straights etc.

shinnn

state_vector_collapse said:
Also, no rearview mirror still with the bonnet cam? That is a huge disappointment if so.

the rearview mirror take some seconds to appear on the screen when switching between views..

hs9yf6.jpg

Top Bottom