• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

LQX said:
So many green/brown grass and mountain maps. Don't you guys get sick of this? I want to see some city maps or just less mountains. Its like they been showing us different areas of the same track for months.

There are no more city maps, and Amalfi doesn't count. :(

Maybe Forza World a.k.a. PGR5

iamcenok

soundscream said:
Does anyone else envision a Godzilla sized Dan Greenawalt destroying the mountains from Forza 3?

Wrong game but i liked the F4 screen better anyhow. :lol

6182304760_0ed33e7bec_b.jpg

saladine1

Because of that Oldsmobile pic, I'm beginning to have hope of seeing something like this-

N3x9C.jpg

"There was so much torque,that the chassis twisted coming off the line"- Dominic Toretto..lol

aperman

Neo Member
eek5 said:

I got super excited there for a second... :(

Anyways, any word on if the Limited Edition is actually limited?

I had it pre-ordered, cancelled because I bought a really expensive hat, but then came across some more funds and wanted to pre-order but Amazon.com doesn't have it for sale...?

The improvements to the look of the game are unbelievable.

Frankly, I would have never believed, even if I fucking love FM, that one day Turn 10 would have matched Polyphony's graphic effort.

The best of FM4 is really close to the best GT5 can give (for the same content). Some of those homespace shots could be mistaken for GT5's photomode shots. Which is a tremendous achievement.

Well done.

FStop7

Banned
I hate how Forza damage looks. I hate it. I know it's a technical constraint, but it makes it look like the cars are die cast metal with the paint scratched off the front.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
metareferential said:
The improvements to the look of the game are unbelievable.

Frankly, I would have never believed, even if I fucking love FM, that one day Turn 10 would have matched Polyphony's graphic effort.

The best of FM4 is really close to the best GT5 can give (for the same content). Some of those homespace shots could be mistaken for GT5's photomode shots. Which is a tremendous achievement.

Well done.

The amount if track detail is insanely crazy in FM 4, I still think that GT looks somewhat more realistic in photomode (specifically the cars premium cars and the look of the shots when taken well) but FM 4 has something that makes it seem fuller and more alive I don't know how to explain it. They have slightly different art direction that differentiates them both.

Now .. Forza 4 custom liveries seem RIDICULOUSLY HQ now... Holy shit. And all the other customization/livery editing will make it an epic experience when its all said and done as a car nut.

It'll be paradise, I can't wait to get to the driving and if that Zonda video is any indication of what we are going to get then we are going to get molested from all angles.

FStop7 said:
I hate how Forza damage looks. I hate it. I know it's a technical constraint, but it makes it look like the cars are die cast metal with the paint scratched off the front.

I would dare and say that it must be a custom livery, the benz doesn't seem to have any damage. If not then damage must be set to light or something, if actual body damage was on you would see it.

3 people on my friend's list already have FORZA 4, WTF? One of them was torturing me by sending me invites to play FORZA 4 lol.

One time, just ONCE, I'd love to be "that guy" that has an upcoming big release way before the date its supposed to release. I don't think that's asking much, just one time.

aperman

Neo Member
Slayer-33 said:
I would dare and say that it must be a custom livery, the benz doesn't seem to have any damage. If not then damage must be set to light or something, if actual body damage was on you would see it.

The bumper looks bent at the bottom right.

If they sacrificed some of the nicer scenery in Montserrat to maintain 60fps with up to 16 cars so be it, the last couple of pages blew me away.

I had no idea a current gen Forza could look so good.

Mascot

Anyone else agree that the lighting (and graphics in general) in these two shots looks WAY off - I can't believe they are from FM4. They don't look like they belong among the last few pages of awesome photos. They look like FM2 shots to me! Just bad photography?

037.jpg

040.jpg

Ugh! They suck balls and blow goats.

Izayoi

Banned
Mascot said:
Anyone else agree that the lighting (and graphics in general) in these two shots looks WAY off - I can't believe they are from FM4. They don't look like they belong among the last few pages of awesome photos. They look like FM2 shots to me! Just bad photography?
I think you're losing it, dude. The first shot is less than stellar, but the second shot looks fine.

derFeef

Mascot said:

Ugh! They suck balls and blow goats.
Yes, they look bad in comparison to the other ones. Maybe the contrast is turned down or something... it just lacks depth. Or maybe it's jsut the sun/lighting model on those tracks :/

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Megasoum

Banned
Xanadu said:
not even close..have you seen the top gear ones?

Well yeah the Top Gear screens are amazing but it's the best "real" screens I've seen (on the track with multiple car in an actual race).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Xanadu said:
not even close..have you seen the top gear ones?

bah, homespace shots don't count.

any word on how multi-class races will work? sounded like different classes will start at different spots, so a gt3 class car would directly race against the prototypes?

sneaky77

op_ivy said:
bah, homespace shots don't count.

any word on how multi-class races will work? sounded like different classes will start at different spots, so a gt3 class car would directly race against the prototypes?

I guess it would be sort of like the ALMS? series.. dont they race multiple classes at the same time?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sneaky77 said:
I guess it would be sort of like the ALMS? series.. dont they race multiple classes at the same time?

yeah, and there is a winner each class. but that doesnt seem like its being done here (hope so though)

EDIT:
and I took on another contest through Spain, where there was a twist to the rules. Turn 10 but two difference classes of cars on the same track but in separate locations. They call it a multi-class race and it adds a bit of unpredictability to the contest.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2011/09/23/forza-4-the-first-few-hours-preview/

2 classes but in separate locations... i take that to mean that the faster class cars start waaaay back and will need to pass the slower class to take the lead. would be nice if it were indeed handled like the ALMS

sneaky77

op_ivy said:
yeah, and there is a winner each class. but that doesnt seem like its being done here (hope so though)

considering the have the official license or whatever, I expect it to be that way. We'll find out soon enough lol. I kinda wished they had more of their tracks, like Baltimore, that looked pretty awesome a couple weeks ago, or mid-ohio, which are tracks that are never in games

samdavis

Neo Member
brotkasten said:
Every 360 games has custom soundtracks, iirc.

I'm aware that you can play songs over any game (via the 360s interface). But I'm talking about, like in GT5, being able to rip songs to the HDD (such a pain...) and creating an in-game playlist.

Meisadragon said:
Yup, it does.

Is that a yes you can create custom in-game playlists, or the general "360 can play songs over the music of any game."?

Top Bottom