• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Let's see how subtle I can be to the old schoolers here.

sun-update-1.jpg

Dat_ass.jpg

eek5 said:

Dat_ass.jpg

:D

DAT SUN! and DATSUN!

Iknos

mclaren777 said:
I won't buy FM4 new because I don't want to financially support T10 for putting the 458 on the cover.

If I do get FM4, it will definitely be used.
Get the Limited Collectors edition it has a Beemer on the cover.

It's blue too if red offends you that much.

mclaren777 said:
I won't buy FM4 new because I don't want to financially support T10 for putting the 458 on the cover.

If I do get FM4, it will definitely be used.

Jesus Christ..

Why do you even come into these threads if you are going to do this shit?

Real classy man.

Shortt Sirket said:
Jesus Christ..

Real classy man.

Toss him and Xanadu on ignore, it makes a huge difference. Had to do it with the Forza 3 thread and even the GT5 thread for the most part. Both of them have been banned for being absolutely terrible posters but they keep getting allowed back, no idea why.

I don't mind negativity, but those 2 are just doing it on purpose or something.

shinnn

getphoto.ashx123w9a6.jpg

getphoto.ashx1258xpc.jpg

getphoto.ashx120baiu.jpg

Some people with bad taste in colors imo. Too much colorful.. looks like they set the color bar to max. They need to use the aperture too =p

getphoto.ashx128nb07.jpg

getphoto.ashx129clzx.jpg

getphoto.ashx130raoh.jpg

Looks like the homespace has an automatic adjustment for noobs in photography. The use of vignette effect is awful in some pics too.

samdavis

Neo Member
Gen X said:
DAT SUN! and DATSUN!

I see what you did there. And I kind of hate you right now because I wanted to do it but was waiting for another opportunity. Alas, there were no new images of the 240z and I don't like the 510 enough to comment on it.

At any rate, kudos to you, sir.

Iknos

Shortt Sirket said:
Jesus Christ..

Real classy man.
I'd rather have people posting in here with auto brand loyalties than console loyalties.

At least his discussion on the game will be based on fact and not clouded by bias against T10 or MS...I've seen a lot of that here and that is why the FM3 vs GT5 came to be. He could have bias against Ferrari but this isn't a Ferrari car club forum.

Yeah his view on what is worthy of a boycott is weird but hey he can do what he wants with his own money.

Pachinko

I really wish games like this had a full on arcade mode where you could turn the realistic physics off and just enjoy driving a car in a digital world. I suppose need for speed is more up my alley but I see how gorgeous all the cars look in this and I love Top Gear so it makes me think I need this game but I can't get into the sim games much, I tend to smash into walls to frequently.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
samdavis said:
I see what you did there. And I kind of hate you right now because I wanted to do it but was waiting for another opportunity. Alas, there were no new images of the 240z and I don't like the 510 enough to comment on it.

At any rate, kudos to you, sir.

Owned me a couple of Datsuns when I was younger, both 1200s, one a sedan and one a SSS coupe, both with an A15 in them. Great little pocket rockets and would love another one day.

Iknos

h3ro said:
T10 working on a Tourist Trophy competitor?
Lol this isn't the first time I've caught flak for that. To be fair I call them shitmobiles.

And I refer to Audis as "Audis" which IMO is the worst thing you can all anyone or anything in this world.

flyinpiranha said:
Toss him and Xanadu on ignore, it makes a huge difference. Had to do it with the Forza 3 thread and even the GT5 thread for the most part. Both of them have been banned for being absolutely terrible posters but they keep getting allowed back, no idea why.

I don't mind negativity, but those 2 are just doing it on purpose or something.

I don't think Xanadu/Fender_UK is that bad honestly. He seems to try a bit too hard to find things wrong with Forza, but I really think he ultimately actually enjoys the game.

Doodis

Pachinko said:
I really wish games like this had a full on arcade mode where you could turn the realistic physics off and just enjoy driving a car in a digital world. I suppose need for speed is more up my alley but I see how gorgeous all the cars look in this and I love Top Gear so it makes me think I need this game but I can't get into the sim games much, I tend to smash into walls to frequently.
Easy mode, yo.

Shaneus

Pachinko said:
Ysqrc.jpg

eek5

Pachinko said:

Forza has so many assists that I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something that worked for you. Easy AI, autobraking, rewind, autoupgrading, steering assist, typical stuff like ABS, TCS, etc.

Shortt Sirket said:
I don't think Xanadu/Fender_UK is that bad honestly. He seems to try a bit too hard to find things wrong with Forza, but I really think he ultimately actually enjoys the game.

You might be right, but in my couple years here those are the only two I've had to ignore. Either way, w/e ... it's so OT that I feel stupid discussing it.

And THIS:
getphoto.ashx118sxne.jpg

Is what I expect my 2015 Fanatec Wheel to look like haha!

eek5 said:
Forza has so many assists that I'd be surprised if you couldn't find something that worked for you. Easy AI, autobraking, rewind, autoupgrading, steering assist, typical stuff like ABS, TCS, etc.

Pretty much, when I have people over and they want to give it a shot I usually turn on a bunch of assists and let them have fun. TCS, ABS help a lot, and give them a decent car with some grip and they're good.

You won't be able to jump into the fastest cars though, so while you can find assits to really help out your enjoyment, the climb to the R3+ will probably still feel like a grind (although in Arcade I think they give you a few faster options than career ... didn't play Arcade much in F3 until I was about level 20+ so not sure what is there and what is "unlocked")

Iknos said:
I'd rather have people posting in here with auto brand loyalties than console loyalties.

At least his discussion on the game will be based on fact and not clouded by bias against T10 or MS...I've seen a lot of that here and that is why the FM3 vs GT5 came to be. He could have bias against Ferrari but this isn't a Ferrari car club forum.

Yeah his view on what is worthy of a boycott is weird but hey he can do what he wants with his own money.

Not sure why bother coming in here then if he doesn't care about getting F4, beside trolling. I mean why come into a thread for a game you have absolutely no intention of getting.

As for Xanadu, just like someone else said he posts go something like this " Yeah, X on Forza 4 (or any Microsoft products) is awesome, but yeah it's actually suck Y". His every post is backhand compliment just to hide his trolling.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dubai? I'll take it. Why won't someone squeal on the tracks if the embargo is up though? Is this all we're getting?

Iknos

Pachinko said:

Try the demo with all of the assists on.

Say you still crash...use rewind if you hit a wall.

Try those things out on the demo to see if you would be into it.

It pretty much is an arcade mode with assists on because it takes the danger out of driving. It is hard to spin out because its easy to catch yourself with the steering assist. Hard to go too fast into corners and crash because of autobraking.

This game has Kinect players racing...if its easy for people to wave their hands and drive the cars they love I'm sure you could do it on a controller.

Enough pics now lets see some direct feed footage of more racing. :)

Pachinko

thanks for the all the suggestions guys. I did actually pick up forza 3 so I know all about the assists and what I found was with everything on it made it a bit too easy so I slowly started turning things off to make it more interesting I can't recall where I left it , I think it was still on easy but with most of the assists outside of the track lines turned off.

Also someone posted project gotham racer, even that still feels a bit too sim like for me. The racing games I normally enjoy are burnout and the last need for speed game (hot pursuit not shift 2). I'll definitely give the demo for this a go though.

Iknos

Pachinko said:
Also someone posted project gotham racer, even that still feels a bit too sim like for me. The racing games I normally enjoy are burnout and the last need for speed game (hot pursuit not shift 2). I'll definitely give the demo for this a go though.

Yeah its possible this game isn't for you even with the assists because as you say it seems like an easy game rather than an arcade game where it is arcadey yet still requires skill.

Say you don't find yourself having that much fun in career mode even with assists...it probably isn't a good buy for your tastes. If you have Live you might have fun with cat and mouse or car soccer or whatever T10 and TG decided we wanted for online race modes.

I'm so happy I have Gears 3 otherwise I would go nuts for the next two weeks :D I'm still going nuts but not that much, taking brake every other game to check the shots ;)

eso76

didn't realize the top gear landing strip is a homespace location too.
i wonder if you can move cars around and if top gear studio and track count as one location or two.

alba

Little is the new Big
I don't know if it's just me but something that always bothered me in Forza 3 and seems to be the same in 4 is the drivers helmet. I wish they'd have some design for it or something, it just looks so bland. I'm glad they fixed the gloves but wish they'd have done the same for the helmets.

Also, thank god for the ability to remove the default wings and what not. Please give me the ability to do custom windshield stickers at the top now instead of having to put them on the roof and the ability to add numbers to the side windows please? (like flag name number would be great!)

Now I guess I'm just going to spend the next few days doing vinyl groups to important once I get the game :D

Top Bottom