• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Mush

chubigans said:
This reminds me how much I dislike the Forza logo. Yuck. :p
The logo isn't bad per se, it's just how it looks like a 3, when you know, this is the 4th game in the series. If they fixed that up there wouldn't be an issue.

Hyoushi

G Rom said:
Bernese Alps, Top Gear Test Track and Indianapolis are already confirmed as new tracks.

Hockheimring has a very good chance of being in the game.

Infineon Raceway and Bathurst have been hinted/rumored to be in too.

Not nearly enough new stuff. Also need to know which of the older tracks have been shitbinned so I wouldn't have to drive on them in the Career again.

G Rom said:
Don't forget that we'll have alternate time of day on several tracks too, it will be a nice change from the midday sunny monotony...

The problems with the tracks wasn't the lighting. hehe

amar212

G Rom said:
Bad news for UK players...

Bad news for Croatian players too.

How on Earth can I order this when both Game and Gamestop does not support American Express or Diners Card?

Damn.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Originally Posted by UK PR:
And while all “Forza Motorsport 4” players will enjoy this premiere automotive experience, Turn 10 announced that, starting today, fans who purchase the Limited Collector’s Edition for £59.99 ERP (available exclusively from GAME and Gamestation)

BAILOUT.GIF

Dina

So, the Europeans who want this Limited Edition HAVE TO buy it from either Game.co.uk or Gamestation.co.uk?

Haha, fuck you T10. Fuck you with a rusty spoon.

dejay

Banned
Next thing wheels will only be available in the LCE. No keyring, a lousy book and some cars that should be in the game anyway?

Diablohead said:
woah hold your horses it's too early yet, look at an early forza 3 thread :p

fuck shit :( 60 beans for this :/

zc9O0.png

dejay said:
Next thing wheels will only be available in the LCE. No keyring, a lousy book and some cars that should be in the game anyway?

zc9O0.png

?

But yeah, the LCE is really lousy this year. The cars will be available as DLC anyway.

dejay

Banned
brotkasten said:
zc9O0.png

?

But yeah, the LCE is really lousy this year. The cars will be available as DLC anyway.

Not that I use my keyring - I have my Rockstar keyring for that :) The USB stick gets some use though. I think I'll give it a miss this year.

The LCE content sounds underwhelming, but I'll have to get it solely for the VIP car pack. Not having the LCE cover car (F10 M5) actually on the disk is rather lame, but an online download at least bodes well for some future DLC cars having Autovista models.

No confirmation of the 24-hr Nurburgring layout, given the debut venue of the in-game M5, is a major disappointment. Maybe word will come later on, but again, there was no better time or place to announce it.

Spaceman Spiff said:
The LCE content sounds underwhelming, but I'll have to get it solely for the VIP car pack. Not having the LCE cover car (F10 M5) actually on the disk is rather lame, but an online download at least bodes well for some future DLC cars having Autovista models.

No confirmation of the 24-hr Nurburgring layout, given the debut venue of the in-game M5, is a major disappointment. Maybe word will come later on, but again, there was no better time or place to announce it.
GamesCom in Germany sounds like a good place to announce something like that.

Gamescom 2011 will be held from 17 to 21 August 2011

Stubo

Diablohead said:
fuck shit :( 60 beans for this :/
It's going to be very difficult to justify when the standard will probably be available online for £35 or so in the preorder period. Perhaps there'll be discount codes or similar to sneak it down to £50? (Wishful thinking).

What's up with the "Cartoonza" bullshots? I hate when they do that. Earlier screens from E3 and the garage mode looks much better.

At any rate, out of the few console games I'm buying this year, this is one of them. Hopefully the 250 GB Kinect bundle will be $199 by then.

G Rom

From BADNED's current signature and Forzacentral members' detective work, the "old" BMW M Coupé should be in the game :
BMW-M_Coupe_1999_800x600_wallpaper_06.jpg

Spaceman Spiff said:

Forzacentral list said:
Nürburgring (Germany) [image]

- Grand Prix Circuit
- TBA

I think they don't want to blow all their loads early. I mean, during this month, based on real races/events, they could have shown the Nordschleife and Le Mans already...
BADNED already said that not everything was shown.
Gamescom and TGS will both be held before release so they'll probably show stuff there.

I love the look of the case, but I'm also a sucker for blue and BMW's.

and an exclusive BMW theme available for download via Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Done. I didn't buy the CE of Forza 3 because I wasn't sure how much I would get into the sim-style racing games ... well, a Fanatec Carrera upgraded to a GT2, a wheelstand and upcoming CS Pedals along with hours upon hours in F3 and GT5 tell me I'm "kinda" into it ... so I will almost definitely picking up the CE for Forza 4!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
GANGSTERKILLER said:
Photo mode bullshots, just like Polyphony Digital always did with GT5. Drop a demo, Turn 10!
The game will be great I don't know why we need to complain about bullshots nowadays, haven't you guys seen all the e3 gameplay vids? Shit looks awesome!

Don't worry Jebus.

Because this is GAME exclusive in the UK means no price wars for this edition, sucks, I bought the forza 3 LE for £39.99 from blockbuster 2 years ago instead of £59.99, was sweet.

If you buy regular you will miss out on 20 or so cars? and then if you want the dlc each month or two that's more money there...

Slayer-33 said:
The game will be great I don't know why we need to complain about bullshots nowadays, haven't you guys seen all the e3 gameplay vids? Shit looks awesome!

Don't worry Jebus.

I've seen a lot gameplay footage, looks better than Forza 3. Especially the environments. But bullshots are misleading, actually gameplay will never have the amount of AA or insane sharp picture quality you see in Photo Mode... PD is the absolute KING of bullshots.

G Rom

GANGSTERKILLER said:
I've seen a lot gameplay footage, looks better that Forza 3. Especially the environments. But bullshots are misleading, actually gameplay will never have the amount of AA or insane sharp picture quality you see in Photo Mode... Every developer are equal KINGS of bullshots.

Fixed for you...

Diablohead said:
Because this is GAME exclusive in the UK means no price wars for this edition, sucks, I bought the forza 3 LE for £39.99 from blockbuster 2 years ago instead of £59.99, was sweet.

If you buy regular you will miss out on 20 or so cars? and then if you want the dlc each month or two that's more money there...

Seems like you're missing on the 5 VIP cars + 5 BMW with special liveries if you don't get the LCE as the Muscle car pack will be available to buy and the "Ship Bonus" car pack will be offered to non-LCE owners too. The VIP cars will probably be released at a later date though.
We'll all be missing 4 cars from the pre-order retailers too...

Quicksilver4648 said:
I heard you guys like high-res pictures. Here are some straight from Microsoft. There aren't any new ones you haven't seen but these wont have any watermarks or be overly compressed.

They're already linked in the OP actually. ;)

_dementia said:
Neat cover, but i think that Kinect strip cheapens it.

well that is just the cover sleeve. i always consider these LE edition Boxarts to be the case under the sleeve, which in this case is a steel case with a nice embossed logo, no superfluous stuff.

i mean, MS has requirements to put on a box, the ESRB has them, the FTC has them, the FCC has them, the fine print lawyers have them. no doubt they would love to ship a boxart with a very clean design, so they give the people that care about this stuff an LE with all the shit on the sleeve, with a nice box underneath.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
WAAAA That boxart is ridiculous.
I want it I want it I want it!!!!!

P.S Why are the images in 1080, isnt Forza 4 a 720p game?
Bullshots?

eso76

GANGSTERKILLER said:
I've seen a lot gameplay footage, looks better that Forza 3. Especially the environments. But bullshots are misleading, actually gameplay will never have the amount of AA or insane sharp picture quality you see in Photo Mode

not even the insane geometry on cars actually.
But game looks good, photomode bullshots should at least be representative of lighting and shaders

GANGSTERKILLER said:
I've seen a lot gameplay footage, looks better that Forza 3. Especially the environments. But bullshots are misleading, actually gameplay will never have the amount of AA or insane sharp picture quality you see in Photo Mode... PD is the absolute KING of bullshots.

But aren't these from the photomode and not being panned as in-game racing shots?

Plus, I would just keep the PD comparison out of the thread, there is another thread for that stuff.

And is there a price for the CE yet? I assume $79.99?

LQX

I fucking hate blue and the fact they would choose it for the car on the cover annoys me greatly. It looks terrible.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
LQX said:
I fucking hate blue and the fact they would choose it for the car of the cover annoys me greatly. It looks terrible.
It's not bad bro! Let it grow on you. Looks classy!

saladine1 said:
Holy shit, G Rom, that's a great comparison. An amazing achievement by Turn 10...absolutely amazing!

Keep in mind that the Forza 3 bullshots looked pretty amazing, too. What you could get from your own photos was sadly limited, like those shots G Rom posted.

I'm in for the LCE. Which retailer offered the 1M?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
U n i o n 0015 said:
Keep in mind that the Forza 3 bullshots looked pretty amazing, too. What you could get from your own photos was sadly limited, like those shots G Rom posted.

I'm in for the LCE. Which retailer offered the 1M?
I hope we get a full blown bullshit mode for us to abuse.

Top Bottom