• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Special J

Banned
saladine1 said:
I was actually expecting some type of feature announcement today. Still waiting on customization/tuning/upgrades information. Turn 10 seem to always leave those sort of reveals really late which shits me to no end. Oh well, just have to wait some more...

its because car games are big internationally so they're holding back their reveals since there is still Gamescom and TGS between now and the release.

i feel like they're going to reveal something big like night driving, weather or dirt/snow.

Special J

Banned
Spaceman Spiff said:
Offscreen video footage of the M5 on Nurburgring GP

Good quality. Includes a comparison between FM3, and *gulp* GT5.

problem is that its not a direct comparison, the fm4 displays are properly calibrated by the people running the booths, gt5 and fm3 surprising looked pretty similar because they were probably recorded on a display with the default settings. TV are sold with max brightness highest contrast and max saturation since when they demo them at stores essentially whatever is brightest most people equate to better picture. lol retards.

regardless tho i've seen gt5 on corrected displays and looks pretty similar to fm4 which is a good thing.

G Rom

I swear, Slayer-33 is slowly turning into a second isamu. The hyperboles, the capital letters, it's all coming together ! :p

Special J said:
problem is that its not a direct comparison, the fm4 displays are properly calibrated by the people running the booths, gt5 and fm3 surprising looked pretty similar because they were probably recorded on a display with the default settings. TV are sold with max brightness highest contrast and max saturation since when they demo them at stores essentially whatever is brightest most people equate to better picture. lol retards.

regardless tho i've seen gt5 on corrected displays and looks pretty similar to fm4 which is a good thing.

Yeah right...
lol.gif

You're vastly overestimating the competence of people running booths. Those people don't know shit about AV equipment 99% of the time. Heck, I'm sure most of them could have started this thread.

You can see that the GT5/FM3 display is a Pioneer. Any sane person will tell you that any Pioneer displays >>>> shitty Samsung displays used for demos even when both are not calibrated.
Oh and, seriously, GT5 and FM3 didn't look even remotely similar in that offscreen video...

eso76

[

2012-BMW-M5-2.jpg

edit: pointless but still interesting.

Nice new footage. Autovista is batshit insane.

I wonder why everyone stops recording when the race is over and the game switches to replay mode though.

Hawk269

I really hope that second disk that contains the additional content is packed to the max. Forza 3 only used 1.9GB of space. I only really care about more tracks to be honest. Nothing kills a racing game like the lack of good and plentiful tracks.

DJ_Lae

Hawk269 said:
I really hope that second disk that contains the additional content is packed to the max. Forza 3 only used 1.9GB of space. I only really care about more tracks to be honest. Nothing kills a racing game like the lack of good and plentiful tracks.

I just hope whatever's on the second disc is integrated into the career mode, unlike the 'bonus' Forza 3 tracks. Sure, their technical tracks might not have been as good as the real world locations, but more variety is always welcome.

Special J

Banned
shinnn said:
Turn10 needs to reduce the shutter speed in those shots... the wheels looks odd.

dun worry stuff like that is variable, just looks cleaner in shots that's why they do it.

DJ_Lae said:
I just hope whatever's on the second disc is integrated into the career mode, unlike the 'bonus' Forza 3 tracks. Sure, their technical tracks might not have been as good as the real world locations, but more variety is always welcome.

reward cars are going to be populated based on the cars that are available so thats a good sign.

Bgamer90

Banned
Mush said:
The logo isn't bad per se, it's just how it looks like a 3, when you know, this is the 4th game in the series. If they fixed that up there wouldn't be an issue.
EXACTLY.

It's funny since I was just talking about this... good to know that someone else feels the same way (and that I'm not crazy lol).

But yeah this...
fm4logo.png

Makes more sense than this...
Forza_motorsport_4_logo.jpg

adelante

Bgamer90 said:
EXACTLY.

It's funny since I was just talking about this... good to know that someone else feels the same way (and that I'm not crazy lol).

But yeah this...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/Bgamer90/fm4logo.png[//IMG]

Makes more sense than this...
[IMG]http://levelupnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Forza_motorsport_4_logo.jpg[//IMG][/QUOTE]
Again with the logo? Was it ever made clear by Turn10 that the M was supposed to double up as a 3? Right when the last game was announced, I knew the "M" could be misconstrued as such but I've always felt that it had more to do with Turn10 not having proper guidelines for their own logo usage, especially when they started releasing screenshots with just the "FM" logotype watermark (they jumped too early on trying to communicate their new logotype as a brand when it would've been better if they had used a "Forza Motorsport 3" typeface like what they're doing now... but instead we have the FM graphic ingrained in people's minds as game's logo )

The current "FM" on its own is perfect as a brand logo imho. Having that connecting line makes it less sleek, especially when you wanna have it printed in black and white.

adelante said:
Again with the logo? Was it ever made clear by Turn10 that the M was supposed to double up as a 3? Right when the last game was announced, I knew the "M" could be misconstrued as such but I've always felt that it had more to do with Turn10 not having proper guidelines for their own logo usage, especially when they started releasing screenshots with just the "FM" logotype watermark (it would've been better if they had used a "Forza Motorsport 3" typeface like what they're doing now but instead we have the FM graphic ingrained in people's minds as game's logo )

The current "FM" on its own is perfect as a brand logo imho. Having that connecting line makes it less sleek, especially when you wanna have it printed in black and white.
I can see how it's confusing for some people, because turn10 never had a consistent logo and the practice you described didn't help either.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
They still haven't nailed the car material IMO. None of the screenshots give me the illusion that it's a real car being shown.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
If it's an m then it should be one and not iii or what can be thought of as a "3", bridging the iii is the way to go. I don't know why they are so stubborn with that shit.

adelante

brotkasten said:
I can see how it's confusing for some people, because turn10 never had a consistent logo and the practice you described didn't help either.
Exactly, which is why I said "they jumped too early on trying to communicate their new (FM) logotype as a brand when it would've been better if they had used a "Forza Motorsport 3" typeface like what they're doing now (for screenshots)"

This is simply a case of Turn10 making the mistake of not pushing the use the "Forza Motorsport 3" typeface in media and other marketing material.

Slayer-33 said:
If it's an m then it should be one and not iii or what can be thought of as a "3", bridging the iii is the way to go. I don't know why they are so stubborn with that shit.
Of course it's an m, the series is called Forza Motorsport and not just Forza. :p

ghibli99

Are people really getting that upset about the M in the logo? Yes, I know, it's NeoGAF, but how this affects someone's enjoyment or opinion of a game in any significant way is beyond me. The logo could be done in Comic Sans and I'd still buy it...

Hawk269

DJ_Lae said:

I forgot about that happening in F3. Turn 10 needs to figure out a way to have the added tracks incorporated into the season/single player mode. I don't see why they could not do it, but who knows. Track variety is my biggest peet peeve with racing games. I can give a rats ass between 400-500-600 cars...to me, out of 400 cars, I will only use like 30 or so and that's it. Track variety makes season mode much better because you are not racing the same old tracks over and over again.

I really hate how they try to use reverse tracks count as different tracks. I want to see 20-25 unique enviroments, 2-3 ribbons per enviroment, out of those 20-25 tracks, half of them need to have 2 different time of day settings and at minimum 5 nightime settings/tracks.

Bgamer90

Banned
adelante said:
Again with the logo? Was it ever made clear by Turn10 that the M was supposed to double up as a 3?

It seemed obvious to me that the M also acted as a roman numeral 3. Maybe that wasn't their intentions but that's how I (and many others) viewed it.

Right when the last game was announced, I knew the "M" could be misconstrued as such but I've always felt that it had more to do with Turn10 not having proper guidelines for their own logo usage, especially when they started releasing screenshots with just the "FM" logotype watermark (they jumped too early on trying to communicate their new logotype as a brand when it would've been better if they had used a "Forza Motorsport 3" typeface like what they're doing now... but instead we have the FM graphic ingrained in people's minds as game's logo )

I agree that using the typeface would have been better.

I feel that all the connected line does is makes the logo more obvious it terms of it representing the Forza Motorsport brand. The sleekness is still the same imo since the line doesn't create that big of a change in terms of how the overall logo looks.

But yeah it's nothing major. I just also agree with ones that feel that it's a bit confusing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anticipating announcements of Canada's full pre-order car distribution (we got Gamestop's Alfa so far) and some deals on the CE.

I can't pass up that 458 Challenge. I hope the art book is good.

jcutner

enzo_gt said:
Anticipating announcements of Canada's full pre-order car distribution (we got Gamestop's Alfa so far) and some deals on the CE.

I can't pass up that 458 Challenge. I hope the art book is good.

bestbuy.ca lists the bmw 1 series m...

saladine1

Seeing how Turn 10 have acquired Pirelli's tyre data, I wonder if they'll also model the actual tyre as well complete with side wall branding..

6R5v8.jpg

Special J

Banned
G Rom said:
Yeah right...
lol.gif

You're vastly overestimating the competence of people running booths. Those people don't know shit about AV equipment 99% of the time. Heck, I'm sure most of them could have started this thread.

You can see that the GT5/FM3 display is a Pioneer. Any sane person will tell you that any Pioneer displays >>>> shitty Samsung displays used for demos even when both are not calibrated.
Oh and, seriously, GT5 and FM3 didn't look even remotely similar in that offscreen video...

ya incompetence is fairly common but you have to remember that these rigs are a set for the forza4 so they're calibrated once specifically for it, if they're spending 1000 bucks on the getup im sure they're going to spend a couple seconds calibrating the picture. pioneer displays are great but if you leave them at default they are extremely saturated because they have very high contrast ratios. as for fm3 and gt5 ya in-game they do look alot different but im saying on that display, and the small video make them look relatively close.

eso76

saladine1 said:
Seeing how Turn 10 have acquired Pirelli's tyre data, I wonder if they'll also model the actual tyre as well complete with side wall branding..

side wall writing on tyres is something that's always been missing from Fm.

Actually, i've always hoped we'd be able to write stuff there ourselves with the livery editor.

amar212

BADNED said:
FM3's Nürb DLC only has the GT layout NGK chicane and not the F1 layout NGK chicane like in GT5.

Thank you Badned. I know you can't tell, but I hope both chicanes will be available in FM4, it would be great.

Top Bottom