• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It doesn't seem that the pre-order car offers apply to the LE. I'm guessing that all the pre-order cars are included in the LE.

drewbian

Neo Member
twinturbo2 said:
It doesn't seem that the pre-order car offers apply to the LE. I'm guessing that all the pre-order cars are included in the LE.

God I hope so. I want that 1M so bad, but I always Pre-Order at my GameStop here since I like the guys. What makes you think the pre-order offer doesn't apply to the LE?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Wait the LCE is coming out 10 days after the regular? I'm guessing they'll just update their date on amazon.

NM it's just the LE.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
drewbian said:
God I hope so. I want that 1M so bad, but I always Pre-Order at my GameStop here since I like the guys. What makes you think the pre-order offer doesn't apply to the LE?
I don't see the pre-order bonus on the LE's page on Gamestop or Amazon.

Slayer-33 said:
Wait the LCE is coming out 10 days after the regular? I'm guessing they'll just update their date on amazon.

NM it's just the LE.

Just so I am not confused here...there is a regular and the LCE, right?

there isn't some "LE" edition in between, right?

FJ0372

Slightly off-topic but I think it's sad that from the front angle photo on the box-art of the BMW M5, I could hardly differentiate it from the BMW M3. Chris Bangle needs to come back!

saladine1

2ZK80.jpg

ahcAB.jpg

That's actually a pretty good lip spoiler there. Hope we can add something like this in the full game.

FJ0372 said:
Slightly off-topic but I think it's sad that from the front angle photo on the box-art of the BMW M5, I could hardly differentiate it from the BMW M3. Chris Bangle needs to come back!

There's a circle of hell for the kind of person who believes this.

T Ghost

Yuck!!! BMW on the cover and theme??? WTF? It must be Clarkson's fanboyism interfering...

Sooooo... not classy. To make it worse the regular edition has a Ferrari. Well that's a 100% definitive pass on the worst LCE ever in Forza history.

BMW? For real? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

T Ghost said:
Yuck!!! BMW on the cover and theme??? WTF? It must be Clarkson's fanboyism interfering...

Sooooo... not classy. To make it worse the regular edition has a Ferrari. Well that's a 100% definitive pass on the worst LCE ever in Forza history.

Tell us how you really feel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FJ0372 said:
There is no salvation for you. I didn't know people who liked bangle existed.

I still think even post-bangle BMWs look like ass. Some look decent, but outside of the E92 I never really look at modern BMWs and say "that looks good". Clusterfucks of design that have suceeded through and past bangle days.

/tangent.

Edit: Forgot the 7 series looks good.

Agree on "Bangle Butt" being terrible. Thank Gob he didn't kill the Hoffmeister Kink.

the E39 and E46 are basically the pinnacle of design for BMW for me...been all downhill since then.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
T Ghost said:

lol?

LOL..

U n i o n 0015 said:
Is the LCE posted on Best Buy's website yet? I don't think I see it...
Not yet, and not in their in-store kiosk either. I want this to be one of my 5 pre-orders for the $100 gift card).

It's kinda sad* how regularly I have been checking Best Buy's site/kiosk waiting for mention of the LCE pre-order, even before it was official. Doing the same waiting game on the inevitable Skyrim CE.

*Note: Sad because I'm anxious to give BB $5 over 3 months before a product release.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Damn I'm getting help left and right lol ^ 3 copies of Forza 4 one is the LCE and two other games and I get $100 back?

Sign me up.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
soundscream said:
legend_of_zelda_ocarina_time_n64_box_art.jpg

When I got this for Christmas I was all WTF mom, look at this shit its all gold and boring why would I want to play this.
Did she slap you?

This used to happen with my little brother until he became 10 and realized the cover meant nothing. However, I still think the Forza 4 LCE cover is ugly.

eso76

speaking of the logo i just came across this

mp3.gif

logo for the piaggio mp3 scooter.

more than a coincidence don't you think ?

duk

Banned
AlanzTalon said:
Agree on "Bangle Butt" being terrible. Thank Gob he didn't kill the Hoffmeister Kink.

the E39 and E46 are basically the pinnacle of design for BMW for me...been all downhill since then.

E92 M3 says hi!

G Rom

I know I'm in the minority but I liked the E60 M5. Dat V10 ! :)

Oh, how I wish we would get this photo mode quality in FM4 :
5887353748_52abd04aca_o.png

Bonus :
5887379160_606571af08_o.jpg

Grassy

Hopefully we can download photomode pics straight to USB this time. There surely has to be a better way than having to upload shitty quality jpegs to FM.net.

eso76

G Rom said:
I know I'm in the minority but I liked the E60 M5. Dat V10 ! :)

Oh, how I wish we would get this photo mode quality in FM4 :

direct feed captures ? nice IQ for realtime.

And in the end it's just 300ish k/b for a 1280x720 picture, we're not talking 1200dpi tiff files, we fu***** better get at least this quality (+ 1080p) for photo mode in fm4. I don't care how T10 does.

Leave pics not encrypted in the save so i can extract them,

allow sending them to our flicker accounts, If Dirt 3 can export videos to youtube i don't see why fm4 couldn't do this.

hide a hack in the game that allows exporting uncompressed pics to usb and have someone leak the cheat to enable the feature.

simply give us a way to save pics for the COMMUNITY (compressed pics for everyone to see and browse through in the showroom) OR for OURSELVES - pics that are only for you to download. Since they're not going to be visible for anyone, they shouldn't need to save bandwidth with those.

G Rom

eso76 said:
direct feed captures ? nice IQ for realtime.

And in the end it's just 300ish k/b for a 1280x720 picture, we're not talking 1200dpi tiff files, we fu***** better get at least this quality (+ 1080p) for photo mode in fm4. I don't care how T10 does.

Leave pics not encrypted in the save so i can extract them,

allow sending them to our flicker accounts, If Dirt 3 can export videos to youtube i don't see why fm4 couldn't do this.

hide a hack in the game that allows exporting uncompressed pics to usb and have someone leak the cheat to enable the feature.

simply give us a way to save pics for the COMMUNITY (compressed pics for everyone to see and browse through in the showroom) OR for OURSELVES - pics that are only for you to download. Since they're not going to be visible for anyone, they shouldn't need to save bandwidth with those.

First one is photo mode and second one is the homespace, so yeah realtime for that one.

I just looked, on a bit less than 500 GT5 replay photos (Im not counting the über travel mode ones obviously, as these can go up to 3.3MB), the pics size average at 372KB with the biggest being a bit above 800KB and the lowest being at 57KB. Those are 1080p and the quality is pretty much the best possible. There's no reason for Microsoft to not allow at least this quality for FM4.

skyfinch

shinnn said:
Nice. I've made one using the FM3 Invitation spot :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXCSGK7SsE

I love the part where the song begins (458 wheel spinning), and the close up of all the steering wheels. Music works great.

Regarding this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvSrrgSbU4g&feature=player_embedded#at=99

Is the new BMW autovista or just the home/screen saver? You see the door open, so it would seem like there is more detail. But I remember Dan saying he wanted unique cars for autovista. Now, the new BMW is a beautiful car but there's nothing really unique about it, is there? I don't know anything about the car, so excuse my ignorance.

Also, the upgraded Nurburgring GP looks nice, but is it me or did they add trees where trees are absent in the real track? And where trees are supposed to be, there is a lack of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdc9YcffPo

skyfinch said:
Regarding this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvSrrgSbU4g&feature=player_embedded#at=99

Is the new BMW autovista or just the home/screen saver? You see the door open, so it would seem like there is more detail. But I remember Dan saying he wanted unique cars for autovista. Now, the new BMW is a beautiful car but there's nothing really unique about it, is there? I don't know anything about the car, so excuse my ignorance.

It looks like the Autovista model being used for the demo attract footage. The LCE press release clearly mentioned that the M5 is available in the AV showroom. While I agree that a (relatively) commonplace, mass-production sedan isn't nearly in the same class as an Enzo, Veyron, or McLaren F1, limiting the AV mode to just supercars would wear a bit thin after a while, so I don't mind if they extend the roster to include more attainable performance cars as well.

I want to see more AV racecars; we've seen the LMP1 908, so they're definitely there.

And don't worry, G Rom, I too preferred the E60 V10 over the twin-turbo F10 V8. Damn fuel economy and emissions regulations are ruining our naturally-aspirated fun. Turbos killed the sound of the Huayra, but I still expect it as DLC on Jan. 1, 2012, Turn 10. :)

Top Bottom