• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fullscreen age...how to get rid of stupid black bars on ps3 game (dead space)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHicks

Banned
im currently playing dead space on my samsung 720p hdtv and i have stupid black bars at the top and bottom of the screen
1zge0jo.jpg

obviously im doing something wrong here in my ps3 settings or wathever it is
my ps3 is hooked up with the cables that come standard with it
(dunno what you call them but maybe thats important to figure out the prob)

halp

KaosAngel

Banned
MrHicks said:
my ps3 is hooked up with the cables that come standard with it
(dunno what you call them but maybe thats important to figure out the prob)

Get HDMI or component wires. You aren't even playing it in HD...

scoobs

the cables that come with it aren't HD cables. Thats why it doesn't fit the entire screen, i recommend going out and getting an HDMI cable ASAP!

soco

if you're TV is an HD tv, and you've been using the composite cables, take some of your xmas money and buy either an HDMI cable or the component cables. it's the single best xmas present you could give yourself. all of your games will suddenly be like 45000x more awesome.

so awesome you'll probably come back and make another thread about why sony ships an HD console with only SD cables.

MrHicks

Banned
i've been playing uncharted,MGS4,heavnly sword,foklore and a few others and they were all FULLSCREEN

this is the first time ever i encounter bars
why havent i encountered this before then?

MrHicks said:
i've been playing uncharted,MGS4,heavnly sword,foklore and a few others and they were all FULLSCREEN

Forget the fucking bars. You're playing an HD console on an HDTV in SD.

Get the cables. Worry about the bars later.

MrHicks

Banned
fucking hell i suck at tech stuff
ima order one right now

but dont EARLIER xbox360's dont have an hdmi port?
how does that work then

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wow... :lol :lol :lol

I thought this sort of thing didn't happen on GAF. Hell it even comes with an MS Paint drawing!

Nikorasu

MrHicks said:
where do i set this stuff up?

D:

EDIT: The PS3 display settings are under Settings > Display in the XMB. Your tv should have an ASPECT or P.SIZE button. You want the make sure it's set to 16:9 or JUST SCAN on some tvs.

MrHicks said:

Playing Uncharted, MGS4, and Heavenly Sword with composite cables is a crime.

Nikorasu

MrHicks said:
btw that hdmi cable on amazon is pretty cheap
is that good quality?

With HDMI cable quality isn't as important. Just get the cheapest one you can find. The more expensive ones are usually just sturdier. The signal is the same.

Gbeav

Banned
MrHicks said:
fuck amazon only ships to the uk
any site that ships to mainland europe?

Look HDMI cables are not this secretive technology nobody can find. If you get up tomorrow and go to a electronics store near you, they will have cables. Best bet is find the closest computer parts store and they will have HDMI cables as they are also for PC monitors.

jett

D-Member
OH WOW

When you get your hdmi cables, remember to bump this thread for further instructiones on how to set up your PS3.

jett said:
OH WOW

When you get your hdmi cables, remember to bump this thread for further instructiones on how to set up your PS3.
Or i can tell you now... when you turn it on, hold down the power button on the PS3 until it beeps a second time. Do not let go until that happens.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
aw7plh.gif

geez, stretched standard def on an HDTV. You're going to be in for a shock once you set it up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom