• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

saladine1

eek5 said:
I hate to jump to conclusions but I'm going out on a limb and saying all DLC will be integrated. It'd seem weird if they did work towards the inclusion of cars as part of SP but not tracks.
I'd love for this to be true. I just never understood why they wouldn't at least create some new events for the DLC stuff. I mean, I downloaded these cars and track yet, I found the whole thing unfulfilling.

SHIFT on the other hand integrated DLC perfectly imo.

Uhhhh dlc....who exploited this shit first?
Wasn't it some armour or horse or some shit for Oblivion..?

saladine1 said:
I'd love for this to be true. I just never understood why they wouldn't at least create some new events for the DLC stuff. I mean, I downloaded these cars and track yet, I found the whole thing unfulfilling.

I believe so, but I think an EA sports game (Tiger Woods) had paid DLC to unlock everything around that time, don't remember which one was the chicken or which one was the egg though. (just Wiki'd and I guess Mech Assault for the Xbox 1 in 2002 was the first to charge for "DLC" on consoles).

Integrated DLC would be so much better for sales I'd think too. I didn't buy much because unless it had a specific car I really wanted I didn't want to grind hours for credits to buy a car. Since they are utilized as rewards in F4 I'll be getting every car pack for that "chance". Throw in career DLC tracks and you just got me to purchase every Track and Car DLC you ever come out with until my wheel breaks from overuse.

G Rom

PGR2 got two booster packs back in the Xbox days. 10 cars and the remaining files needed to unlock one new cities in each pack. I think it was the first racing game with premium DLC.

FM3 didn't integrate the DLC in career because of a design problem IIRC, very dumb decision when you're planning extensive DLC.

Watched the Gamespot video (delivering again !), even though I've managed to control my hype so far, seeing videos like that with the passionate speech of Dan makes my hypemeter go crazy.

Raudi

BADNED said:
Indeed

2r222pd.jpg

Nice to see that Dan and I share a similar taste in cars and color! (although I prefer E46)

Carbon Black paint looks incredible in the FM4 demo by Dan at Gamescon - fingers crossed for SSR wheels in FM4 so my Carbon Black M3 can represent!

LeBoef

saladine1 said:

tbh i love dlc... but thats another story...

dont think turn10 is going to implement them in any usefull way. fm singleplayer was bullshit so far and will stay that way. though better presentation.
i love fm but expectations always exceed reality. they alwaYs go step by step. little steps...

and their target is different to ours (especially racers). but its their game and their right to do so.

i learned 2 things: never get hyped by forza.
we have custom public lobbies again, be happy

:)

Mascot

We all rag on Forza at times, but it's only because we love it and want it to be perfect. The biggest thrill of my gaming year so far was watching the April leak video on YouTube for the very first time. It just totally, totally blew me away. Those were fucking exciting times, they really were.

LeBoef said:
tbh i love dlc... but thats another story...

dont think turn10 is going to implement them in any usefull way. fm singleplayer was bullshit so far and will stay that way.

First part ... I agree, it can be done well (Burnout Paradise) and can be done horribly (Horse Armor).

Second part ... wut?

okenny

Banned
saladine1 said:

I think it was XBLA Lumines Live that really made me cringe over DLC :/

G Rom

saladine1 said:
So, that's it for GC?
Did we learn anything new regarding FM4 other than Dan owns a BMW M3?

We already knew that Dan had an M3. :p
TGS is supposed to be the place with the most announcements according to BADNED and the guy over at FC. I suppose they'll at least reveal 2011 SuperGT cars (I want the HSV !), FM4's version of Fujimi Kaido and the 240SX.

BTW, I thought today that the first DLC in november would be perfect to feature an Asklon vehicle to celebrate the Halo anniversary.

Blimblim said:
It's up. Quality is not as good asI hoped, and I messed up and encoded at 29.97 fps. Too tired to do it again tonight, so if people shout hard enough I'll do it again tomorrow.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_4_gameplay_video-11681_en.html

Hotdamn....I stood next to you guys .... Didn't realize... If I knew it was you guys, I would have asked you for an autograph instead of Dan lol. Just foolin' :D
Dan is quite nice in person ( took ages too find a marker for an autograph for my son who is a real big Forza fan, and Dan was very kind to wait patiently )

saladine1

G Rom said:
We already knew that Dan had an M3. :p
TGS is supposed to be the place with the most announcements according to BADNED and the guy over at FC. I suppose they'll at least reveal 2011 SuperGT cars (I want the HSV !), FM4's version of Fujimi Kaido and the 240SX.

BTW, I thought today that the first DLC in november would be perfect to feature an Asklon vehicle to celebrate the Halo anniversary.
Which guy are you referring to?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Steve McQueen said:
Hotdamn....I stood next to you guys .... Didn't realize... If I knew it was you guys, I would have asked you for an autograph instead of Dan lol. Just foolin' :D
Well the Gamersyde stickers all over our cameras should have been an indication of who we were ;)

eso76

Mascot said:
We all rag on Forza at times, but it's only because we love it and want it to be perfect.

true, plus there's the fact t10 always seemed to have a good interaction with the community, actually listening to suggestions and complaints.
Which was their mistake !
Because it made people feel like if they complained enough on gaf they could even get them to include the reliant robin in the game (which to be honest would be absolutely great).

Speaking of the april leak.

qdfbz.jpg

this doesn't seem to be part of any of the tracks we know from the alps environment.

So which car(s) do you guys think will dominate A class this time around? IIRC, in FM1 it was the F355, then in FM2 it was the muscle cars, and in FM3 the Audi's......

derFeef

shinnn said:
Weird.

Auch hier nutzen wir die Daten von Pirelli, was dafür sorgt, dass die Reifenwechsel und Boxenstopps in Forza 4, wie auch in der Realität, eine untergeordnetere Rolle spielen wird als in vielen anderen Rennspielen

"We are using the datas from Pirelli to make sure that pit stops and tire change in Forza 4, like in reality, play a minor part compared to many other racing games."

Snubbers

shinnn said:

Nice find..

This bit is a shame..

"In addition, we speak here of bona fide race car with racing slicks. Normal road or sport tires last even under extreme driving several thousand miles and change during this time not even noticeable performance. Here we use the data of Pirelli, which ensures that the tire change and pitstops in Forza 4, as in real life, play a less important role than in many other racing games. "

I actually wanted a bit of aritificial tyre wear increase, even if it's an option to allow necessary pitstops in a normal 30 minute race.. I guess you can't have everything!

Mascot

BADNED said:
That is Camino and not the Alps.

Camino with snow in the mountains?

Forget alternate time of day: alternate time of YEAR confirmed!

Also, that doesn't look like any part of Camino that I remember. Can you elaborate a little, Mr B?

Edit: those tree don't look very 'Camino' either. They are evergreens.

Mmm... I think B is fucking with us.

Snubbers

Mascot said:
Camino with snow in the mountains?

Forget alternate time of day: alternate time of YEAR confirmed!

Also, that doesn't look like any part of Camino that I remember. Can you elaborate a little, Mr B?

I've just checked the April Vid out, it defo is Camino, it's the full circuit, bottom of the hill, as they come around the hairpin and around the S bend..

7mSer.jpg

Look at 0:22 in this replay... :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRigBoyXeU

Mascot

Snubbers said:
I've just checked the April Vid out, it defo is Camino, it's the full circuit, bottom of the hill, as they come around the hairpin and around the S bend..

We need a screenshot for comparison..!

I'm still not convinced it is Camino, but I'd love to be wrong. It would open up all sorts of possibilities as to how the old tracks have been revamped.

eso76

BADNED said:
That is Camino and not the Alps.

oh i see...
well, except it looks even less like any part of Camino i remember.

Well, it does look like the chicane there, but the environment looks very different. If it isn't a new track, then they changed it quite a lot.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mascot said:
We need a screenshot for comparison..!

I'm still not convinced it is Camino, but I'd love to be wrong. It would open up all sorts of possibilities as to how the old tracks have been revamped.

i was beat to the punch, but yeah, its camino.

qdfbz.jpg

6060201708_13361012ae_z.jpg

BADNED

Mascot said:
I gladly stand corrected!

So, Mr B: are we talking seasonal changes to classic tracks? I think we might be!
Not really! And keep in mind that was an early version of the updated Camino.

Mascot

BADNED said:
Not really! And keep in mind that was an early version of the updated Camino.

So Mr B, can we look forward to significant visual changes to some of the classic tracks? I'm not talking dawn/dusk lighting, I'm talking total reworks to the environments (like the snowy Camino looks like). Same track layouts, but massive visual differences to trackside detail and vistas?

eso76

yeah, it did look like that chicane, but at the same time...it didn't.
The environment, lighting, skydome..everything looks very different. I was expecting almost straight ports of at least those most recent tracks, this is a pretty big change.

Well, we know there's snow around fujimi kaido too, now, so that too must look quite different.

Can't wait to see more of Amalfi.

alba

Little is the new Big
So I played the build at Gamescom for about 50 or so laps today and I think it's pretty disappointing it only got one track per build and half of the displays were just the M5 on Nürburgring GP without any AI at all. The other was Alps with 12 AI cars and the difficulty was way too easy even on Pro. The thing I liked was the grip which seems to have improved a lot over Forza 3 (on how it reacts to having all assists off and what type of car it is) suspension seems to be much better as well as weight transfer, could be wrong but that's how I felt. The two builds 1 M5+Nürburgring GP and the other 3 cars + Alps, I wish they'd have had a few more cars just a few more and another track :( IBL also is very cool and the shaders are really a step up even though I find them to be a bit too contrasted compared to the other game but that's purely subjective I guess.

Still had a nice time, just sucks so close to release they couldn't have a tiny bit more in there since the press build or whatever he was doing his presentation on had a lot more stuff but that was to be expected.

AMUSIX

BADNED said:
Later today with the garage reveals.

After several years of successful motorsport events the town decided to invest more money into the circuits modernization. ;)
Honestly, that's a disappointment....Positano's cobblestone streets gave so much character to the courses. Sorry to see them go in favor of a more generic tarmac.

Top Bottom