• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

psychotron

No, but unbeatable is definitely more beatable now.

Ok, well that helps. I don't mind a challenge, but sometimes it was insane. I'd start the race having to smash my way in front of the pack just so the lead guy wouldn't take off. Really loving the game besides that though.

Orca

Did you do the free car glitch?

What was the free car glitch? I haven't claimed at least half of the free cars available to me yet, because I find the process too slow.

Bans typically result from offering profanity/other content that is against the rules on the marketplace. You might not be able to buy cars because by default it tries to load designs for those cars which you can't do anymore?

I have a couple liveries that are abstract lines going here and there and this black Transit with FREE CANDY on the sides. If that's the issue....

danowat

Banned
What was the free car glitch? I haven't claimed at least half of the free cars available to me yet, because I find the process too slow.

Basically buying a car and quitting the game before it has chance to remove the credits from your account.

Orca

They banned that in the old Forza games, so that could be what is going on now.

I didn't realize that, and it doesn't fit any of the ban criteria they lay out, but whatever. If that's it...why ban me from buying cars? I was able to go into design, so I'm not banned from those elements.

I didn't realize that, and it doesn't fit any of the ban criteria they lay out, but whatever. If that's it...why ban me from buying cars? I was able to go into design, so I'm not banned from those elements.

Maybe it is just a "warning" ban? Although you would think they would tell you why they were banning you if that were the case. Fuck dude, I have no idea. It is a really odd thing to ban someone from.

No changes to the Thru the pack achievement huh T10? Well okay then.

Yeah, the achievement is so stupid and so luck based it's not even funny. For over 300 laps and around 700 miles in multiplayer I'm yet to start last in 24 players lobby, which I had the chance to have four times. 3 of which it crashed and only load one player booting everyone else to lobby, really great idea for an achievement.

I don't know how you guys can hate on the limo. Y'all lack imagination. A 24-car GAF limo race would be amazing.

Sad -- angry even -- that there's no mention of the drivetrain/leaderboard issue. :/

1. Word dude, that would be fuckin awesome. We need to get that going ASAP.

2. They did mention it in the patch notes:

· We have addressed an issue with drivetrain swaps that was causing some cars (including well-known examples such as the 1968 Abarth 595 esseesse, the 1965 MINI Cooper S, and the 1975 FIAT X1/9), to perform beyond their PI classification. To coincide with this fix, we are performing a wipe of all leaderboard times set with a car that used a drivetrain swap. We expect the leaderboard wipe will happen Tuesday (10/6) afternoon. With this content update in place, cars that were previously banned from multiplayer will now be allowed back in. In addition times set in cars that feature drivetrain swaps will be allowed to post times to leaderboards.

2013 Caparo T1
1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
2013 Cadillac XTS Limousine
1967 Volvo 123GT
1967 Honda RA300
2014 Toyota #12 Rebellion Racing R-One

Well, that's certainly one hell of a first car pack, (and an impressive list of fixes to go along with it).

It's especially nice to see Rebellion in a high-profile title, and the inevitable Gurkha vs limo antics ought to be interesting, to say the least.

Orca

Can you give me your gamertag, via private message if u can, I'll ask why did you get banned when I get home.

Gamertag is BigOilersFan.

I sent an email in to ask about it and included this line: "Can someone at least shed some light about what's going on? Regardless of what it is, it might be worth changing the ban notice in the future so people know what they're banned for, banned from, and how to contact you about it."

Hopefully they consider that at least. Getting just a YOU BANNED message isn't going to change any behaviours. For me, I have no clue why I was banned, and the free car glitch doesn't sound like it. Early on I had some issues with games launching in the new OS beta, but I don't think it ever crashed or closed mid-game so that shouldn't be it.

Lima

Yeah, the achievement is so stupid and so luck based it's not even funny. For over 300 laps and around 700 miles in multiplayer I'm yet to start last in 24 players lobby, which I had the chance to have four times. 3 of which it crashed and only load one player booting everyone else to lobby, really great idea for an achievement.

It's the same issue I have with the design and tuning achievements. Yeah for people like you and raceboy etc. these are no problem.

For the majority though? They will end up boosting them. Every day I send a message to people that forgot to remove their tunes/designs after they are done boosting.

Like searching for a tune and seeing A1-A25 pop up as the first thing. All because of this stupid achievement.

Thru the pack is the same deal. People end up boosting end. Worst thing about it is that it doesn't even work in private. No has to be a public lobby. Like you said even starting in 24th (23rd on Le Mans because hey fuck you the grid is a little weird) is random and even getting into a 24 player lobby is not something you are going to get much.

Gamertag is BigOilersFan.

I sent an email in to ask about it and included this line: "Can someone at least shed some light about what's going on? Regardless of what it is, it might be worth changing the ban notice in the future so people know what they're banned for, banned from, and how to contact you about it."

Hopefully they consider that at least. Getting just a YOU BANNED message isn't going to change any behaviours. For me, I have no clue why I was banned, and the free car glitch doesn't sound like it. Early on I had some issues with games launching in the new OS beta, but I don't think it ever crashed or closed mid-game so that shouldn't be it.

I just don't understand being banned from buying cars in your game. That is a pretty shitty thing to ban someone from. At least ban them from MP but let them fuck around in their own game all they want.

enewtabie

Please T10. I need my car in this. 02 Subaru Impreza. STi/Spec C/Type RA Variants would be appreciated. I own every Forza game and I don't think it's been in any of them. I think it was in PGR at one time.

Anywhoo.. Game is great. Only on the second volume right now due to a bunch of games to play at the moment. Lead car apparently has a warp drive at times.

So they didn't fix the audio. Lame. I sure would like to hear the sound of my own engine over the other cars. Really hate the extremely limited audio options, especially after Horizon 2.

Pleasantly surprised to see the rewind/AI thing being fixed. I was always certain that it wasn't necessarily a bug but just something we'd have to live with because it wouldn't work any other way, especially since it's been in all rewindable Forza games. Glad to see it's not the case, very unexpected.

Klocker

Well, that's certainly one hell of a first car pack, (and an impressive list of fixes to go along with it).

It's especially nice to see Rebellion in a high-profile title, and the inevitable Gurkha vs limo antics ought to be interesting, to say the least.

agree finally a mostly racing pack with great cars... new cars

love it

OrangeOak

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm playing with a TX wheel and sometimes I'll run a race and everything will be fine. I load into another event and my controls have changed. Shift up moves to B instead of the paddle. But the in-game settings are still correct. Anyone else run into this

I have same problem. Really annoying :/

Damn, the IMSA 300ZX is a monster. Don't even think about going full throttle until 3rd or 4th gear. The R-One is one the most benign, sweetest-handling prototypes in the game, and the Caparo T1 is, frankly, incredible once the tires are heated up.

I still have to try the Silver Arrow and the Amazon; this pack is inarguably brilliant.

LoveCake

· Using Boost Mods in a Career or Free Play race will now “dirty” your lap

Got my DLC, it did say originally that i had to "purchase" the DLC even though i got the Ultimate Edition with the season pass, when i went into the garage it said i had free cars, (the DLC cars)

What does it mean by "dirty" your lap?

I want to use the Boost Mods in the showcase races to get max XP, credits & manufacture affiliation?

I would like some clarification on this please, because the Crew Mods are more likely to improve racing, i use the Braking Engineer all the time +20% Braking | +6% Grip.

Bubba77

dumb question regarding ForzaGAF. I put my name on the excel spreadsheet at launch but I dont see any community type stuff in game like we had in FH2. Am I missing something or did I just not get added?

Don_Ente

Neo Member
I have a couple liveries that are abstract lines going here and there and this black Transit with FREE CANDY on the sides. If that's the issue....
Yes, that's the issue. For years now it has been considered by MS / Turn 10 to be pedophilia related.

Using that in multi-player and / or sharing it will *definitely* result in a ban (if anyone sees it and reports it).

As far as a warning, MS considers the first ban - 7 days - to be the warning. Second ban is 30 days; a third infraction gets a 20-year ban.

zorbsie

OK Seems like the drivetrain swap glitch has been fixed. I'm sure P3tran is testing it out right now. Let me chat with him and make sure it's out for real. Then I can say for sure any mods to the car are cool for league races.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Well, the reason is pretty simple. As it says on the screen you had a weak connection, probably not fast enough to get updates from all cars so it's just replaying the last info you got for that specific car until it updates.

It happened 4 races in a row and the player was afk...

Limo + pink / diamond white candy paint + 21" pimp chrome rims + drag tyres + V8 race engine + RWD drivetrain swap + 100% lock rear wheel differential = dumb fun

Seeing the difference in the patch already in terms of AI cars suffering damage. Seems some massive crashes result in some very slow mobile chicanes bumbling around the track and AI cars pitting. Made quite a difference.

Klocker

First car pack in a while where I actually gave a shit about almost every car.

Keep the new (to the series) race cars coming

Thru the pack is the same deal. People end up boosting end. Worst thing about it is that it doesn't even work in private. No has to be a public lobby. Like you said even starting in 24th (23rd on Le Mans because hey fuck you the grid is a little weird) is random and even getting into a 24 player lobby is not something you are going to get much.

The achievement is wrong, it's totally luck based with very little % of actually happening. Many games before changed achievements, Gears of War Ultimate lately for example. There is very simple solution for fixing the achievement and requires very little work from T10. Let the achievement be possible in private lobbies with 4 players and 20 drivatars and problem solved or make the achievement viral, like most of the luck based achievements are, and let others get it for beating a person that already have the achievements.

A few points about the 300ZX:

1. Holy shit, 780hp? I was expecting something like 500 from a wide body GT car like that.

2. It's a dream to drive, and the weird cockpit FOV with the wheel partially hidden feels like some other simulators, in a good way. Looks nice but can't really explain it well.

3. Has anyone tried it in the rain? I noticed as it got dirty, there was no gap in the dirt on the windshield where the wiper would be on a normal car. I think it might be the first wiper-less car that isn't open top, and I'm wondering how difficult it is to see in the rain.

EDIT: Also, can someone go into photo mode in the rain and see if the raindrops on cars look a lot blockier/lower res than before? Something looks off.

Noobcraft

The Limo is absolute driving perfection.
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Top Bottom